Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. carlrx7

Front end noise

Hey y'all, Been getting a lot of front end noise (popping) while towing my 5th wheel (16k). It only occurs while starting from a stop. Just wondering if anyone else has this strange noise while towing. I'm thinking of bringing it to the dealer, but hesitant because it only does it while...
  2. carlrx7

wheel weight placement

Needed an outside dually tire replaced. Got the truck back and they put stick weights in the middle of the rim. Not sure what they were thinking??? maybe thought the wheel was to be installed the other way? I plan to go back and correct it. Have you seen this? and would you call it good?
  3. carlrx7

Vehicle Performance TSB 18-012-21 REV A. (RTT 21-027)

Had the truck at the dealer to perform the 50 gallon TSB and they did this one too. Here is what i found. General improvements. Will report any issues. See attached.
  4. carlrx7

4x4 hum noise normal?

With all the snow and not enough snow plows here in TX, I found myself using 4x4 HI for the first time (in my life) to get to the interstate. While in 4x4 HI i did notice increased noise harmonics from the front end. Just wondering if this is normal, as this is my first true 4x4 vehicle...
  5. carlrx7

Search restrictions

Admin/Mods, Can we discuss loosening up the search restrictions? Members are told to use the search function first. I find myself with "search keywords were too short, too long, or too common" all too often. There are a lot of three letter words/acronyms that help narrow down a search.
  6. carlrx7

Bed 120VAC plug part #

I noticed some '21 trucks have a 120VAC plug in the bed near the 7-way plug. Could anyone locate a part number? I would like to retro with a 1kw inverter behind the seats.
  7. carlrx7

B&W companion purchase (RVK3600)

Hey all, Looking for best place to save some coin on a RVK3600 B&W Companion hitch. I prefer new, but would consider used if saving 50%. E-trailer selling for $1262.00 Free S/H https://www.etrailer.com/search/Rvk3600 Post up if you have found it cheaper and that secret squire coupon code!
  8. carlrx7

Don't Blind Charge! (IBS)

I did not know this! Blind charging is hooking up a battery charger directly to your battery. I made this mistake the first time I charged, then I noticed the Sensor on the negative post and did some research. low and behold... RAM TSB 384 -cheers
  9. carlrx7

Disable Remote Start

How are you disabling the remote start when doing Maintenance?
  10. carlrx7

4 Free Oil Changes

Just received an email from Ram@ram.mopar.com saying I have 4 PREPAID Oil Changes remaining. This is something I didn't even know about. Anyone been able to get the parts and do it themselves? I would rather do this for maximum COVID precautions...plus i dont' trust them to do it correctly.
  11. carlrx7

Folks that leave truck running while refueling (RANT WARNING)

Why you do this? Owners manual states to not do this as well as most likely illegal in most states. Just want to know why? Is your starter a POS? Do you have a dead battery? Do you love the sound and exhaust smell so much you want to share? Every time i'm at the pumps... Come'on MANNN...
  12. carlrx7

Dash camera

Anyone done a dash camera install yet? Looking for the switched power to tap into. I'm thinking i'll find some in the mirror or under that massive cover on the windshield. Any tips taking that thing off so I don't snap any plastic clips?
  13. carlrx7

SiriusXM Guardian

How are you guys enjoying the free Trial of SiriusXM Guardian and for those 2019 owners, who is electing to extend? I can say the wife and I enjoy it very much! I also get a heads up when shes headed back to the house so I can grab the vacuum cleaner and look busy when she gets home. ;) I am...
  14. carlrx7

Stake Pocket plugs

I thought I heard someone say the truck comes with stake pocket plugs to clean up the bed rail. Do I need to bother the dealership to find mine?
  15. carlrx7

Factory exhaust tip polishing

Anyone tried sanding and polishing the factory exhaust tip?