Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search restrictions

carlrx7

Reaction score
Admin/Mods,

Can we discuss loosening up the search restrictions? Members are told to use the search function first. I find myself with "search keywords were too short, too long, or too common" all too often. There are a lot of three letter words/acronyms that help narrow down a search.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Admin (you have to tag a member)

Until/unless Admin can make a change, I suggest using Google site: search.

What seems to trigger "too long?"

Squatch

Reaction score
Admin/Mods,

Can we discuss loosening up the search restrictions? Members are told to use the search function first. I find myself with "search keywords were too short, too long, or too common" all too often. There are a lot of three letter words/acronyms that help narrow down a search.
I second that, I get a lot of that. I consider it my fault if I use too broad of a search term and have to sift through a lot of junk. I prefer to be vague so that I can find everything. Less is more.

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The advanced search function is now up and running. Computer users will find it at the bottom of the header image in the row with Forums, whats new, members etc. Phone users will see it by clicking the 3 lines at the top left of your screen to open the menu and advanced search will be down at the bottom. You can search by post title or content, user that posted etc. It seems to work a lot better than the regular search function.

Cheetah

Reaction score
The advanced search function is now up and running. Computer users will find it at the bottom of the header image in the row with Forums, whats new, members etc. Phone users will see it by clicking the 3 lines at the top left of your screen to open the menu and advanced search will be down at the bottom. You can search by post title or content, user that posted etc. It seems to work a lot better than the regular search function.
Appreciate the change allowing search on three letter phrases, at least in advanced search. Plenty of TLAs are valid and desirable search terms.

Any particular reason general search still rejects short phrases?

Users who are viewing this thread