Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian

carlrx7

Reaction score
How are you guys enjoying the free Trial of SiriusXM Guardian and for those 2019 owners, who is electing to extend? I can say the wife and I enjoy it very much! I also get a heads up when shes headed back to the house so I can grab the vacuum cleaner and look busy when she gets home. ;)

I am curious if waiting them out drives the price down when its time to renew. 199 is a bit too much to justify to me; I'd be comfortable with 60-75 a year.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get a recent offer? I think I recall someone posting $75/year. Maybe that was just SiriusXM radio...

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Me too wants to know. Sh_ts & giggles curious about who's getting anything outta this Guardian gizmo. I haven't activated it and have no intention of doing so. Sirius/XM has been on my naughty list for some time so I didn't lose any sleep over nixing the Guardian activation.

Ramit530

Reaction score
Mine does not work.. I have called and called and they cant explain why it still shows last update of 10/10/2019 of 1398 miles... doubtful I will renew

Obrracing

Reaction score
I think mine must not be working right either. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be doing, but since I have owned it, I have randomly gotten like a parking update or something, I thought it was weird/abnormal. And, every time I have opened the app, it says I have driven like 1 mile or something silly. Is that was this thing is supposed to be covering/telling you? Guess I should read the materials...

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Mine does not work.. I have called and called and they cant explain why it still shows last update of 10/10/2019 of 1398 miles... doubtful I will renew
I think mine must not be working right either. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be doing, but since I have owned it, I have randomly gotten like a parking update or something, I thought it was weird/abnormal. And, every time I have opened the app, it says I have driven like 1 mile or something silly. Is that was this thing is supposed to be covering/telling you? Guess I should read the materials...

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

MegaDave

Reaction score
Honestly I’m not sure what Guardian does as a service. I thought it was just a lock unlock doors
And locate your truck if it was
Stolen. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlrx7

Reaction score
Honestly I’m not sure what Guardian does as a service. I thought it was just a lock unlock doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it for unlimited range remote start. Works with my iPhone or apple watch. I also received a $35 credit on my 6-month insurance for "anti-theft" device..

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
It connects your truck to the cellular network and harvests your personal information (when ya started your truck, where ya been, where ya going, what you're listening to etc).

carlrx7

Reaction score
harvests your personal information

So does this site.

What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:

• Your name or username.
  • Your email address.
  • Your IP address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.

We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:

• You register as a member on this site.
  • You fill out our contact form.
  • You browse this site. See "Cookie policy" below.
  • You fill out fields on your profile.
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:

• For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
  • We may use your email address to inform you of activity on our site.
  • Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
Other ways we may use your personal information.
In addition to notifying you of activity on our site which may be relevant to you, from time to time we may wish to communicate with all members any important information such as newsletters or announcements by email. You can opt-in to or opt-out of such emails in your profile.

We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you're using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.

Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.

Cookie policy
Cookies are small text files which are set by us on your computer which allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as being able to log in, or remembering certain preferences.

We have a detailed cookie policy and more information about the cookies that we set on this page.

Rights
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.

You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

Acceptance of this policy
Continued use of our site signifies your acceptance of this policy. If you do not accept the policy then please do not use this site. When registering we will further request your explicit acceptance of the privacy policy.

Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.

Obrracing

Reaction score
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares
I actually logged in the other day and the miles were updated to a couple of weeks ago, is that ok? How it is supposed to work?

Riveyman

Reaction score
Have never activated mine. All the info I read about it, it doesn't offer anything I need or want.
Even the XM radio, only used it a time or two.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
How are you guys enjoying the free Trial of SiriusXM Guardian and for those 2019 owners, who is electing to extend? I can say the wife and I enjoy it very much! I also get a heads up when shes headed back to the house so I can grab the vacuum cleaner and look busy when she gets home. ;)

I am curious if waiting them out drives the price down when its time to renew. 199 is a bit too much to justify to me; I'd be comfortable with 60-75 a year.
Wait them out.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
If it’s compiling my every move, no thanks. Bad enough that they have the crash box info now.

Obrracing

Reaction score
My wife is paranoid about the crash box when we read through the owner’s manual (yes, I am one of those people, front to back). She wants me to figure out how to disable it.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
My wife is paranoid about the crash box when we read through the owner’s manual (yes, I am one of those people, front to back). She wants me to figure out how to disable it.
Sounds like we are twins!

Users who are viewing this thread