Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Performance TSB 18-012-21 REV A. (RTT 21-027)

carlrx7

Reaction score
Had the truck at the dealer to perform the 50 gallon TSB and they did this one too. Here is what i found.

General improvements. Will report any issues.

See attached.

Attachments

• 18-012-21.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 414

Yillbs

Reaction score
I don't experience any of those things, but man sometimes when I have my exhaust break on, the thing feels like it's dropping to first gear sometimes when it stops. Does your / was yours doing that?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hmm im gonna see about getting that one i can relate to a few of those minor issues

camojimmy

Reaction score
Had it done yesterday. Didn't have any of the issues or problems, figured might as well get the latest while it was in. Few hundred KMS on it so far and no issues.
Will report any issues, seems to have alittle more go in the pedal after.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Had it done yesterday. Didn't have any of the issues or problems, figured might as well get the latest while it was in. Few hundred KMS on it so far and no issues.
Will report any issues, seems to have alittle more go in the pedal after.
Yea i had it done the throttle is more sensitive l, turbo is sitting at more psi while cruising and fuel milage is a touch better so far is my observations

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Hmmm they recently flashed my pcm and now my fuel pump sounds like it has a stutter and stops every once in awhile.....also the last couple days my cruise has been refusing to hold speed and I loose speed on hills....I only got 7000km on this thing....and it's doing many things it wasn't 6000k ago and has issues they still haven't been able to fix

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm they recently flashed my pcm and now my fuel pump sounds like it has a stutter and stops every once in awhile.....also the last couple days my cruise has been refusing to hold speed and I loose speed on hills....I only got 7000km on this thing....and it's doing many things it wasn't 6000k ago and has issues they still haven't been able to fix

What powertrain, year, etc?

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
2020 2500 Cummins, Laramie. Had an issue where it was tossing a pcm code that said I flashed the engine with a tuner one dealer told me, another found a service bulletin and flashed it. Initially I brought it in for the Consol as it doesn't work right. Now I've got a thudding rattle in the front end, it had its steering wheel straightened but the alignment was fine so probably the rocker bar. It's burning 7-8% def unloaded and active regens rather often never displaying any soot level on the DPF readout. The breaks now make a swooshing noise when depressed all the way it sounds like air being sucked in. I had a horrendous rattle I can't even begin to explain that transfered through the door Pannell they don't know how to even investigate....it happend when it was cold I assume moisture and a break solenoid.... mechanic doesn't know. The air swoosh began after this rattle happened. And now the cp4 fuel pump sounds like it has a intermittent pause and stutter, my economy has gotten worse and when I lock my cruise on the thing cannot hold speed it's always 1-2km under and if I hit a hill it slows down...for the first 6800 kms it held the exact speed I set even on hills with no issues, I was getting 11 liters per 100km on the highway about 20mpg. Now I'm getting 13 on the same highway same speed and it's gotten warmer where as before it was -20c it's been -5c to 10c in the mornings and warmer during the day. My vehicle is 1 month old and had 7300 ish kms on it. And then their is the issues with the console. My 2019 had the 12 inch Uconnect worked fine. This 2020 had massive blue tooth lag and is always reconnecting to Sirius, it takes 5 minutes to start my truck with the app if it even works. But ya put on blue tooth maybe Netflix then lock my phone and the sound keeps coming from my speakers for 1-2 seconds

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
I should upload the videos I took of this stuff to YouTube it's to big for the site

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
The rattle
Break swoosh
Suspect cp4

Herd a nock after.picking it up from the dealer today to, not sure if it was just cold injectors or not I'll keep an ear out for it

carlrx7

Reaction score
Did they flash the wrong pump? Not sure how it can be verified, but that's the only thing of. Check under your dash and see if you can find any evidence of water/rust for that buzzing and brake swoosh sound.

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Like, under the dash where I can look up or remove the dash to check? They are claiming everything my truck is doing is normal but mister super mechanics couldn't tell a thing and had to compare it to another unit a 2018...... If it was normal they should have known that on face value not had to check, wasn't convinced. It didn't do this stuff 6000km ago doesn't seem to matter to them.
Did they flash the wrong pump? Not sure how it can be verified, but that's the only thing of. Check under your dash and see if you can find any evidence of water/rust for that buzzing and brake swoosh sound.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had this TSB installed.

I had to show the Service Advisor where on the work order it was. She didn't have a clue. They at first said they couldn't do it "under warranty" for my truck. I pushed back.

I think the shifting is worse. I wouldn't call it harsh, but I also wouldn't call it firm. More "abrupt."

The 1-2 upshift seems to happen immediately off a start. It will be interesting to see what it does towing a load.
The 2-3 lockup seems more pronounced. That shift-lockup(shift) much more noticeable.

Haven't had a chance to evaluate a change in the cold idle roughness yet.

ETA: Happy to update that the shifting has settled down and is better than ever. Still a bit soft on the 1-2 defuel shift, but it hooks up nicely and pulls hard in all gears.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I had to show the Service Advisor where on the work order it was. She didn't have a clue. They at first said they couldn't do it "under warranty" for my truck. I pushed back.

I think the shifting is worse. I wouldn't call it harsh, but I also wouldn't call it firm. More "abrupt."

The 1-2 upshift seems to happen immediately off a start. It will be interesting to see what it does towing a load.
The 2-3 lockup seems more pronounced. That shift-lockup(shift) much more noticeable.

You have the aisin right? The throttle control should be better less throttle lag right? Mine forsure is

OneBadBernie

Reaction score

That is what they did to mine, since they have done it my pump is getting louder and louder, has a stutter and the economy steadily decreasing as well as truck will not hold speed with CC on and requires more throttle or will loose speed on even small hills. They did this due to an error code that a previous dealer told me was due to an aftermarket pcm error code p1400-00, truck shifted better before they preformed the flash was the first thing I noticed and the idle got rougher in the cold

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_182752.jpg
    IMG_20210330_182752.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 60

carlrx7

Reaction score
Like, under the dash where I can look up or remove the dash to check? They are claiming everything my truck is doing is normal but mister super mechanics couldn't tell a thing and had to compare it to another unit a 2018...... If it was normal they should have known that on face value not had to check, wasn't convinced. It didn't do this stuff 6000km ago doesn't seem to matter to them.
For what it's worth, my Cruise control has always been aweful. It's always a day late and a dollar short with the small overpasses. Set cruise to 61, speed goes down to 58 before any boost increase shown on the gauge, then it overruns to 62 on the down side and hard lifts back down to 59, then settles at 60. cars behind me get very pissed.

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Yea like on its own I'd say it's normal but it held speed exactly for the first 6000km, if it weren't for the economy suffering and the pump getting louder and louder I'd probably not have noticed as quickly

camojimmy

Reaction score
That is what they did to mine, since they have done it my pump is getting louder and louder, has a stutter and the economy steadily decreasing as well as truck will not hold speed with CC on and requires more throttle or will loose speed on even small hills. They did this due to an error code that a previous dealer told me was due to an aftermarket pcm error code p1400-00, truck shifted better before they preformed the flash was the first thing I noticed and the idle got rougher in the cold
First Start in the morning "cold start" it sounds alot worse after this update. 2019 HO

Its done it quite a few times now.

Users who are viewing this thread