Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Ruffone

Anyone else have metal rusting inside your truck?

My 06’ 2500 seat brackets rusted beyond belief. My current 2019 2500 seat brackets are fine so far with no rust to date.
  2. Ruffone

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

BikePilot, the aluminum definitely has a lot to do with it. Even your trusty Land Rover has it happen, here’s a quick link I found searching for “Land Rover hood flutter”, it took me right to the Land Rover’s owners forum. https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/hood-flutter.40160/ And here’s...
  3. Ruffone

@WildCanuck yes like I mentioned above, there’s a TSB out for it and you adjust the hood stops like is mentioned above and in several other hood posts throughout this site. The only other solution is to get another vehicle without an aluminum hood.
  4. Ruffone

Ford trucks are having the same issue. That’s what happens when you go to thin light weight materials like aluminum. I’ve also read that some car brands have the hood flutter issue as well.
  5. Ruffone

Night Edition LED Tail lights

Here use my VIN, I have the night edition without the BSM. 3C6UR5FJ4KG595395
  6. Ruffone

There’s also a TSB for the fix, the dealer followed it and fixed 90% of the flex on mine. Like was mentioned above, it’s a thin aluminum hood so you’re going to get some flex from it due to pressure differences. The TSB calls for the dealer to use automotive body adhesive and glue the steel...
  7. Ruffone

Hood Paint Issues

@H3LZSN1P3R Now that is the best idea yet, nice.
  8. Ruffone

Aftermarket front parking sensors

@RAM_Dad The aftermarket sensors have been around for a long time. With the aftermarket ones you get a module inside the cab that lights up and beeps. But like with most items these days, people are buying the stock ones and installing them themselves. Here’s a link from our sister site from...
  9. Ruffone

Hood Paint Issues

@Grayson believe me, as soon as I noticed them I went straight to my local dealership. I was surprised at what I was originally told about three weeks ago when I first took it in. The Service Advisor, or what ever their titles are these days, told me that they more than likely will replace the...
  10. Ruffone

Hood Paint Issues

I haven’t seen it on my scuba tanks yet. But no Brewbud, I looked all around all three areas and could not find a break in the paint or any pinholes. The first thing that I thought of was how some members on here are saying that their hoods were filling with water between the inner and the...
  11. Ruffone

Hood Paint Issues

What causes this?
  12. Ruffone

Hood Paint Issues

I just noticed the other day that I am getting bubbling paint on the hood of my 2019 Ram 2500 in 3 separate locations. It looks like what you see when the body panel is rusting under the paint, it’s definitely odd since our hoods are aluminum. Anyone else having this issue?
  13. Ruffone

Steering wheel wear, and/or protection?

idratherplaytennis… I have the same problem with leather steering wheels, within 6 months of having my new vehicles I usually have a hole already wearing in the steering wheels. I did some research and then did a ph test on myself… My ph is slightly on the acidic side which is the prime cause...
  14. Ruffone

5th Gen or 4.5 Gen?

You have the option to get the 50 gallon gas tank now it said.
  15. Ruffone

Anyone know what this plug is for under the drivers seat?

I had the cloth seats in my 2006 2500 and they sucked. I had them treated when I bought the truck new but yet they stained like crazy. I had sweat stains on them from kids in the back seats. I got the leather heated / cooled seats in my 2019 2500 and I love them, I won’t ever go back to the...
  16. Ruffone

5th Gen or 4.5 Gen?

According to this it is the same as the 2019 models with just subtle changes. https://www.hdrams.com/is-the-ram-heavy-duty-a-true-fifth-generation-ram-pickup
  17. Ruffone

Best rain/snow MT or AT? I live in the PNW

You’re going on the assumption that the guy who bought the TF tires replaced a totally worn out set. And then you forgot the fact that both parties paid a third party to mount and balance the tires. It’s gotten so crazy on the internet these days, everyone wants to argue points just for the...
  18. Ruffone

I never said it helped either one of them, I stated that 2 sets of brand new tires were bought for the same truck. So a company made money that it would normally not, slip any brand name in there you want it doesn’t matter. Most normal people don’t buy new tires for a new vehicle that already...
  19. Ruffone

Well you went out and bought a new set of tires after you paid for a new set with your truck did you not? Sure you got some of your money back with your resale, but in the end two new sets of tires were bought for the same new vehicle. And no, I never said it was a conspiracy.
  20. Ruffone

Because of what everyone here on this forum does... They sell these garbage tires to the OEMs and then almost as soon as people buy these trucks they realize how crappy they are and they spend more money on replacing them with better tires. It’s a win win for tire manufacturers.