Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have metal rusting inside your truck?

MPWolf

Reaction score
I have a 2020 3500 ram longhorn dually. I took it in for its first detail and when I was cleaning under seat I noticed the rails that hold the seat slide was rusted. It’s rusted on both sides.
I took it to dealership and he said he had never seen that before. However he said they couldn’t do anything about it.
Now I might be crazy but I kinda think this is a manufacturer issue. The truck should not be rusting on the side side

Anyone else have this issue?

And no I have never spilled or sprayed anything. I also live 30 miles from a beach

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I don't think i have had a truck that did not rust the seat brackets but the winter salt from boots and moisture does that here. My 19 has not started to rust but its a matter of time when the salt penetrates the paint

Ruffone

Reaction score
My 06’ 2500 seat brackets rusted beyond belief. My current 2019 2500 seat brackets are fine so far with no rust to date.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Yup. My 2014 started right where they are bolted to the floor….

Users who are viewing this thread