Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket front parking sensors

stepbill

Reaction score
I have the rear parking sensors but not the front and my wife has a hard time parking the truck as the front end is a lot higher and she can not judge distance real well. Was wondering if anyone has installed aftermarket sensors and if so, which ones and where did you place the sensors?

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I have the rear parking sensors but not the front and my wife has a hard time parking the truck as the front end is a lot higher and she can not judge distance real well. Was wondering if anyone has installed aftermarket sensors and if so, which ones and where did you place the sensors?
Pool noodle mounted to the front bumper :p

I have never looked at aftermarket sensors, didn’t even know they were a thing. I assume they pair with some remote device that sits in the cab to alert the driver. Maybe someone else has more experience.

Maybe you could retrofit the factory sensors?

Ruffone

Reaction score
@RAM_Dad The aftermarket sensors have been around for a long time. With the aftermarket ones you get a module inside the cab that lights up and beeps. But like with most items these days, people are buying the stock ones and installing them themselves. Here’s a link from our sister site from back in 2019 where they discuss resolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread