Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition LED Tail lights

81Sprint

Reaction score
Does any one know the part numbers for the LED night edition tail lights? found the regular but can't seem to find the night edition ones. Used the search already

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Find a truck with them and post the request with the VIN in this thread:

jeffeggy

Reaction score
Here is what I ordered for adding BSM to my night edition Big Horn, they have the black centers.
Drivers side with 2020+ BSM: 68446841AE
Passenger side with 2020+ BSM: 68446840AE

81Sprint

Reaction score
Here is what I ordered for adding BSM to my night edition Big Horn, they have the black centers.
Drivers side with 2020+ BSM: 68446841AE
Passenger side with 2020+ BSM: 68446840AE
Thanks, but don't need the BSM just need the regular ones. I will try to find the VIN for a non BSM night edition truck

Ruffone

Reaction score
Here use my VIN, I have the night edition without the BSM.

3C6UR5FJ4KG595395

81Sprint

Reaction score
Thanks for the VIN, i was able to get these ordered. Is there any changes that need to be made with ALPHA obd to make these work? I was able to get the LED headlights to work with the other thread but haven't seen anything on the tail lights.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thanks for the VIN, i was able to get these ordered. Is there any changes that need to be made with ALPHA obd to make these work? I was able to get the LED headlights to work with the other thread but haven't seen anything on the tail lights.
Yes, if you currently have incandescent tail lights, you’ll need to make these changes:
CBC Features: LED Reverse Lamps Present- YES
CBC Features: LED Stop Lamps Present- YES
CBC Features: LED Rear Turn Lamps Present- YES
CBC Features: LED Tail Lamps Present- YES
CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout- YES

81Sprint

Reaction score
Yes, if you currently have incandescent tail lights, you’ll need to make these changes:
Thanks!

Remy

Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, what is the reason for these changes I just installed the tail lights yesterday and seems to be working correctly? I will be messing with AlfaOBD so I will make the changes but I am jut curious

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, what is the reason for these changes I just installed the tail lights yesterday and seems to be working correctly? I will be messing with AlfaOBD so I will make the changes but I am jut curious
The LED settings turn off the PWM on those light circuits so in cold weather startups, the duty cycle isn’t low enough that the BCM shuts the circuits off, or they start to flicker, because it is looking for the resistance of halogen bulbs.
The last brake lamp dropout setting is so the turn signal operates correctly with the brake lights. Since the red brake lights are on the same LED array as the amber turn signal lights, right now, when you use the turn signal while braking, it will flash amber-red-amber-red. Changing that setting corrects it so it flashes amber-off-amber-off.

Remy

Reaction score
The LED settings turn off the PWM on those light circuits so in cold weather startups, the duty cycle isn’t low enough that the BCM shuts the circuits off, or they start to flicker, because it is looking for the resistance of halogen bulbs.
The last brake lamp dropout setting is so the turn signal operates correctly with the brake lights. Since the red brake lights are on the same LED array as the amber turn signal lights, right now, when you use the turn signal while braking, it will flash amber-red-amber-red. Changing that setting corrects it so it flashes amber-off-amber-off.

Thank you for such a detailed response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread