Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by diesel_driver_3500

1. D

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Here's what I made. Absolutely clean filter replacement, without a single drop escaping!
  2. D

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I bet he is going to modify it to make transmission servicing easier. I am currently looking for a used one as well for that same purpose.
  3. D

Bank's Monster Ram Air install on MY23 Rebel

It looks like you were able to remove the intake plate without completely removing the fuel rail. Did you have to loosen the #5 and #6 fuel lines to swap the plate out?
  4. D

Loss of Power

I believe that the fix is the Banks Pedal Monster. My truck does not suffer from this very often, and now that I am aware of the issue, I try to drive accordingly. If it starts to happen more often, then i will install the Pedal Monster.
  5. D

Loss of Power

Dead pedal syndrome? Sounds like what my 2021 H.O. does at times under rapid acceleration.
  6. D

Blue Def Usage 2021 Ram 2500

I have a 2021 3500, HO, shortbed 4x4. Everything is stock, including the tires. I have 18,000 miles on it and track all my fuel and DEF usage using exact quantities. My average DEF usage over the 18,000 miles 480 MPG. The breakdown between towing a 5th wheel and running empty is 600 MPG when...
  7. D

Water in fuel issue

Couldn't you test the water that was drained from the filters, using a DEF refractometer, and verify that it is or is not DEF? That should at least give you a path to follow.
  8. D

Grid Heater Disconnect Codes

The bolt actually melts. I don't think grade would matter much. A nylock nut would melt and loosen very quickly. My grid heater relay was disconnected after about 8000 miles and 5-1/2 months of use. The "jiggle" test shows that it never loosened up during use. I doubt that simple vibration will...
  9. D

There is no way to remove the bolt without dissembling everything. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to remove the intake plate without removing the fuel rail and lines. If so, I'm going to install the Banks system. I don't see that as a perfect solution, but it is much better then the...
  10. D

The engine does need to be shut down before clearing the codes.
  11. D

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

I have a hammer! LOL
  12. D

I have only had a code set once for the disconnected relay. I simply cleared it with my iDash while the relay was still disconnected. Quick and easy. My relay has been disconnected since the first recall was announced for my 2021. I have always used the double tap method for starting and when...
  13. D

Guaranteed "No Mess" Rear Fuel Filter Removal Tool

I have always disliked changing the front filters. Even my 2004 gave me fits. Seems the engineers always have to route a wire harness or something close to the filter housing tops, just to make things difficult. My 2021, because of how much taller it is, is every bit as challenging.
  14. D

Truck bed crane for cargo (update 3/4/23)

Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GLW5AszWg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DA0GMPqQ8 I follow this guys YouTube channel. He is a machinist in Florida and owns a couple of "hobby" machine shops. He has almost 600,000 subscribers and does some cool work. These seven videos...
  15. D

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

I can second the sudden code set while the relay has been disconnected. On my 2021, I disconnected the relay when the first recall was announced. I have had zero issues until last week. I started it up using the double tap method, and it set a code. I don't recall the code number, but it was...