Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of Power

FishermanJer

Reaction score
Hello All,

I Have a 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel 6.7L. The other day I was towing my RV up Cabbage Hill in Oregon and when I went to give it more fuel, it felt like i had no power at all. I could put the pedal to the floor and the RPM wouldn't move. I ended up slowing down to around 30 MPH and then it finally caught and took me up the mountain with no problems. Then I was going up another hill and had to put the pedal to the floor. I have traveled with my RV many times over this mountain and have never even come close to putting it to the floor. About a month ago I had the trucks oil changed and fuel filters changed. Not sure what is happening. No Codes... Please help!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What brand fuel filters did you have installed?

How old is the air filter?

FishermanJer

Reaction score
Yes I think so? It has Mopar on it... How do I tell the differences?

FishermanJer

Reaction score
Yes I think so? It has Mopar on it... How do I tell the differences?
Got it from here,

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it from here,

KLM should be good.

Have you scanned for codes? Or just no CEL?

Will_T

Reaction score
Dead pedal syndrome? Sounds like what my 2021 H.O. does at times under rapid acceleration.
Yes, mine too. Gets the heart rate up at those yellow lights where it is safer to go rather than slamming on the brakes. It is a weird feeling to put the pedal to the floor and have nothing happen for a second or two.

FishermanJer

Reaction score
Yes, mine too. Gets the heart rate up at those yellow lights where it is safer to go rather than slamming on the brakes. It is a weird feeling to put the pedal to the floor and have nothing happen for a second or two.
How do I fix it?

Will_T

Reaction score
How do I fix it
I don't think dead pedal can be fixed. Maybe with a Pedal Monster or something? Maybe someone tomorrow will know more. Not sure if that is really what you have though. Your description is a bit different than what I experience as dead pedal. The only time I see it is when I quickly slam the pedal down because I want to speed up fast, like a late yellow light. Never had it just towing uphill. But then I am more gradual with the pedal unlike the late yellow light.

FishermanJer

Reaction score
I don't think dead pedal can be fixed. Maybe with a Pedal Monster or something? Maybe someone tomorrow will know more. Not sure if that is really what you have though. Your description is a bit different than what I experience as dead pedal. The only time I see it is when I quickly slam the pedal down because I want to speed up fast, like a late yellow light. Never had it just towing uphill. But then I am more gradual with the pedal unlike the late yellow light.
Yeah, was weird when I went to push down the pedal more and had nothing. Then on the floor and still nothing. Kinda felt like a dead pedal to be honest.

flan

Reaction score
Did the transmission downshift or was it lugging causing the loss of speed?

flan

Reaction score
Reminds me of my 47RE days when the governor pressure solenoid would go out. It wouldn’t kick down to a lower gear like it should when you get hard into the accelerator pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread