Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

JRM222500

Reaction score
That looks great!

How has the gas mileage changed and did you weigh the new and old setup by chance?

Thanks
Thanks. Did not weigh before and after. Gas mileage has been 8.2 mpg since I bought it a month ago. The work was complete Friday night so I can’t determine mpg yet. Will update when I drive it this week.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I keep my 2500 at 45psi all around, It’s a good setup for me and allows for a load in the rear without adjustment. Scale weight on my rig is 8220 (4540f/3680r) and my tires are 129load 80psi max @ 4080lb.

I have my tpms set to 45psi and the light comes on closer to 35psi I’m not sure the threshold but I think it’s something like 25% less than whatever it’s set to.
Mines set to 45 - Triggers for under-inflation around 35/36 and won't turn back off until 44. 45 with my current toyos is the same load capacity as the stock 20s at 65 so I'm usually somewhere closer to 40psi all around empty and always ensure I'm aired up to 45 when towing.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Mines set to 45 - Triggers for under-inflation around 35/36 and won't turn back off until 44. 45 with my current toyos is the same load capacity as the stock 20s at 65 so I'm usually somewhere closer to 40psi all around empty and always ensure I'm aired up to 45 when towing.
That’s how mine behaves. Light comes on around 35 but needs to be inflated to the set point ~45 to go back off.

towpig

Reaction score
Added rigid industries hood mounted flood lights on the front and bright source work lights to the magnum rack in the back. I run the amber filters on the front lights in the winter when plowing snow (seems to be easier on the eyes). I have everything wired to the factory aux switches.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    959.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 82

flan

Reaction score
The thread on them got pretty quiet.

I bought a pair, but retuned them. I wasn’t impressed with the image quality.
Thanks for the info. I was looking at their website and are currently out of stock. Look to be about $190 too.

The images in Scott’s pics look pretty good, what exactly turned you off to them?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was looking at their website and are currently out of stock. Look to be about $190 too.

The images in Scott’s pics look pretty good, what exactly turned you off to them?

Less clarity at mid to far distance than the OEM glass. The OEM glass is better for what’s in view. I’d like to find something between the two of them.

It’s too bad Ram is required to have the glass be flat.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Less clarity at mid to far distance than the OEM glass. The OEM glass is better for what’s in view. I’d like to find something between the two of them.

It’s too bad Ram is required to have the glass be flat.

I'd have to agree with that. Empty the suma glass is an upgrade, smaller trailers - fine, but anything longer than ~25 feet and I miss the flat glass. I still have my flat glass stored safely in the garage in-case I need to tow anything longer over longer distances. Currently most of my use is long highway trips or hauling stuff on top of the diamond back so I'm leaving the sumas in for now.

batman900

Reaction score
Installed the CJC front air dam delete & Mopar tailgate cover. CJC plate was a PITA because I had to loosen those 24mm bolts on the brackets they attach to in the rear and WOW they were torqued crazy tight!! Breaker bar and both feet on the tire / axel giving it all I had. Tailgate cover was cake and fits perfect! I was worried since the WeatherTech one was a pos but Mopar got it right.

Attachments

• IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 96

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Finally got the Bds pitman arm off. Tried a few pullers. Broke one, bent another. Sucked it up and bought a tiger tools one. Holy cow, one trigger press on the ol 1/2" Milwaukee and it shot off.

Installed the Thuren track bar bracket and installed a stock pitman arm.

Managed to grab a trans crossmember on marketplace from a 21. Tried to order one from the dealer they wanted 707 bucks for it and no eta. Did order 8 new transfer case studs and nuts and a new output seal.

ordered carli 3.25 front coils, rear shackles and air assist leaf springs/ kit. Ill get the shock package at a later date, along with the radius arms and drop brackets, I'll use the bds ones for now.
1000009722.jpg1000009724.jpg1000009721.jpg

Attachments

• 1000009721.jpg
    1000009721.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Finally got the Bds pitman arm off. Tried a few pullers. Broke one, bent another. Sucked it up and bought a tiger tools one. Holy cow, one trigger press on the ol 1/2" Milwaukee and it shot off.

Installed the Thuren track bar bracket and installed a stock pitman arm.

Managed to grab a trans crossmember on marketplace from a 21. Tried to order one from the dealer they wanted 707 bucks for it and no eta. Did order 8 new transfer case studs and nuts and a new output seal.

ordered carli 3.25 front coils, rear shackles and air assist leaf springs/ kit. Ill get the shock package at a later date, along with the radius arms and drop brackets, I'll use the bds ones for now.
View attachment 67049View attachment 67050View attachment 67051
What’s the reason for the new transmission cross member?

R.Duff7

Reaction score
What’s the reason for the new transmission cross member?
Have to remove the bds one and the shims since it's lowered for their 4" kit, and remove the transfer case indexing kit and output shaft seal/ spacer.

I emailed bds and asked if I needed to or not when I change it to a 3" or lower height and they suggested removing anything bds as it will put the front drive shaft at weird angles.

Diputs

Reaction score
Finally got the remote start added to the tradesman. Had to wire the resistor in and enable via alfaobd. Once it was programmed the 4 ways would flash but wouldn't start. Didn't have any error codes. Decided to drive it for a bit just to make sure everything was good and then tried it again and the remote start worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread