Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
I’ve seen this done before and it is on my bucket list. What kind of switch are you using to control the lights? I’m looking for some type of mercury switch to turn on the lights when the hood is up.
I ordered this kit from eBay. I was looking at the KC Cyclones but wanted to try something cheaper. So I got these. Then pulled out the holder of the matting in the middle and added a couple rivnuts and wired it into my factory aux switches. I didn't think I needed the alarm style mercury switches. I thought about it and figured I could just put a button and turn them on.

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
I used to get wet. I found that if you put a hose on the drain, open the drain, and then start loosening the filter until you have an air gap, it will allow it to drain the filter better. I no longer get a bath.
What size tubing do you use to drain the filter?

johanh13

Reaction score
Also installed Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps, more pictures in Suspension page post.View attachment 72154View attachment 72155
Very nice! what is your lift in the front? Looks like about an inch between the bump stop and axle? I am planning to install thuren 2" coils in the front and am thinking about these bumpstops too. Did you do the rears as well? From my offroading experience with the 2500 CTD, the front would benefit the most from these bump stops... thanks

batman900

Reaction score
I’m interested in the bump stops as well. Kind of pricey for what they are but we have very bad roads so anything helps.

Edit: Said screw it and ordered. Install looks easy besides getting the fluid film I sprayed all over me.

Last edited:

Scooter29

Reaction score
Very nice! what is your lift in the front? Looks like about an inch between the bump stop and axle? I am planning to install thuren 2" coils in the front and am thinking about these bumpstops too. Did you do the rears as well? From my offroading experience with the 2500 CTD, the front would benefit the most from these bump stops... thanks
I have the the Thuren .5” coils for my 3500 and netted 1” of lift based off center of wheel hub to fender measurement. With the softer coils I can still bottom out the front on hard hits so these soften it up a lot. I don’t have rears yet but I have leafs with the carli add a pack so different setup. But once Thuren releases their new Load Control Boogie bumps for the rear I will be getting them. They already have them for the 2500’s and look awesome.

Scooter29

Reaction score
I’m interested in the bump stops as well. Kind of pricey for what they are but we have very bad roads so anything helps.

Edit: Said screw it and ordered. Install looks easy besides getting the fluid film I sprayed all over me.
I like your decision making ha but ya install is pretty simple, as instructions state that bump stop mounts vary between trucks and there may be some weld slag or imperfections that need little filing to get the bumps to slide on all the way. I didn’t need to file anything, just some taps with a hammer got them in place good.

deanfx

Reaction score

I thought the same, they are pricey. But I am pretty sure its stainless so that made me think the price is justified.

NHOverland

Reaction score
Cool, any trimming on the plastics around the seat or any other mods to make them work?
No trimming necessary. Designed to work with the full trim plastics of the upper models. They only modifications needed are to some aftermarket floor mats.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Added the missing lower glove box light to my 2023 Power Wagon today. The used connector I got off ebay did not work out. It felt like it was damaging the pins in the light assembly when I tried to push it in. The light assemblies are cheap. A new connector is not. So instead I soldered wires to the pins in the light assembly and filled the void around it with glue. BTW I did search again to see if the connector was back behind the glovebox wrapped up someplace. It was not there so I tapped my pigtail into wires already in place going to a Streamlight charger near the other side of the glove box. The factory bulb is not very bright so I do need to find a suitable LED bulb. I tested to make sure it was turning off by placing my phone in the glove box on video. Then closing and opening it to make sure it was working right.

20240425_141420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread