Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
View attachment 71809View attachment 71810View attachment 71811

I installed Morimoto XB hybrid LED headlights.
They were on sale for just over $500 and I couldn't resist. And then the added bonus of being able to trade the factory halogens in for another $200 back made it impossible for me to pass up.
Man that’s nice I’ve thought about them. They look good on your truck. I swapped to night edition halogens but these are on my “maybe one day” list

deanfx

Reaction score

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
Are the blinker/parking lights led or halogen on the morimoto?
These are the hybrid version, which only have 2 led projectors instead of 3 and use regular incandescent bulbs for the turn signals instead of the sequential LEDs on their top of the line model. This version is quite a bit cheaper because of those changes.

I just took the truck for a ride at night, the lighting is a decent improvement from the stock halogens. I'm happy with them.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Finally put some actual weight behind the new tow rig, decided to drag the 5v’r “around the block” for a bit since it’s been sitting a few months. Need to get those first 500 towing miles out of the way before our Memorial Day trip………

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3129.jpeg
    IMG_3129.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 75

Alligator John

Reaction score
Where are you getting power for the streamlight? That looks awesome
I have an auxiliary battery in a nhoverland mount. The streamlight smart charger is wired to a blue stream fuse box on that battery mount. Super handy. I use that flashlight all the time.

whitexc

Reaction score
Finally put some actual weight behind the new tow rig, decided to drag the 5v’r “around the block” for a bit since it’s been sitting a few months. Need to get those first 500 towing miles out of the way before our Memorial Day trip………

Looks great. Anything notably different?

Sent from me

HDChiefs

Reaction score
Nice setup. We love our Reflection and am traveling full time for the next 6-8 months.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Looks great. Anything notably different?

Sent from me
The powertrain on the ‘24 is identical to the ‘21 so performance wise, no, but comfort and geewhizz gadgets are leaps and bounds ahead of my Tradesman ;) The cargo/bed camera makes dropping the GenY on the ball so much easier.

Suspension on the 5v’r needs a little TLC, time to grease the wet bolts and equalizer, sounded like a rickety pile of junk going down the road!

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
These are the hybrid version, which only have 2 led projectors instead of 3 and use regular incandescent bulbs for the turn signals instead of the sequential LEDs on their top of the line model. This version is quite a bit cheaper because of those changes.

I just took the truck for a ride at night, the lighting is a decent improvement from the stock halogens. I'm happy with them.
They look really good. I don't see why a person couldn't put switchbacks in the blinker spots.

deanfx

Reaction score
I have an auxiliary battery in a nhoverland mount. The streamlight smart charger is wired to a blue stream fuse box on that battery mount. Super handy. I use that flashlight all the time.
I kinda want a streamlight now lol

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Lasfit makes some nice Amber LED Bulbs for the Turn Signal Location that work well. I have used then on the Factory Reflector LED Lights and also my Halogen Lights.

LASFIT 7443 LED Bulb CANBUS Ready 7444 T20 Turn Signal Light Front or Rear Blinker Anti Hyper Flash No Load Resistor Need Upgraded Intelligent Temperature Control Version Amber Yellow (2 Pack)​

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Installed a set of power wagon "rock" sliders I got from a local member.

Also picked up the milwakuee m18 tire inflator for road trips and whatnot. Until I can decide if I want to get a on board compressor or not.

Waiting for my Aev Salta's in Onyx Black and Carli track bar + lower steering stabilizer. I had to buy some black oem style lugs too, since I didn't realize the aftermarket spline ones I have on my kmc's won't work.

And waiting for some goodies from NH overland too.

IMG_20240415_195812.jpgIMG_20240415_195811.jpg20240415_195635.jpg

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
They look really good. I don't see why a person couldn't put switchbacks in the blinker spots.
The blinker assembly is pretty much the same as the stock incandescent bulbs, I even had to swap the original bulbs over to the new lights. So I believe it would be possible.

midntrdr

Reaction score
Installed the missing dashboard LED accent lighting in my 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. I read in other posts that if the wiring and plugs are in the dash then the installation is basically a plug and play once you order the LED lights. I checked behind the drivers side vent, and lo and behold, the plug was there so I ordered the three lights. The installation of the light on the left side and above the ignition switch was super easy. The glove box was another story. I read that it’s possible to install the light without taking the upper and lower glove box out. However, after multiple failed attempts, I ended up having to remove the glove boxes to get the light tube installed in the track. It took way longer then I though it would (about 1 1/2 hours) but the end result is they are installed and work fine. It’s the little things that makes me smile.
Do you have a picture of the whole dash with these new lights at night? Is there a thread around with the part numbers?

DWEL

Reaction score
Installed a set of power wagon "rock" sliders I got from a local member.

Also picked up the milwakuee m18 tire inflator for road trips and whatnot. Until I can decide if I want to get a on board compressor or not.

Waiting for my Aev Salta's in Onyx Black and Carli track bar + lower steering stabilizer. I had to buy some black oem style lugs too, since I didn't realize the aftermarket spline ones I have on my kmc's won't work.

And waiting for some goodies from NH overland too.

View attachment 71850View attachment 71851View attachment 71852

They look great Rich. Its Dave (seller) :)

RiverRunner

Reaction score
The powertrain on the ‘24 is identical to the ‘21 so performance wise, no, but comfort and geewhizz gadgets are leaps and bounds ahead of my Tradesman ;) The cargo/bed camera makes dropping the GenY on the ball so much easier.

Suspension on the 5v’r needs a little TLC, time to grease the wet bolts and equalizer, sounded like a rickety pile of junk going down the road!
Took my first trip with the toyhauler a couple of weeks ago with the '24 CTD. I'm coming off an '08 CTD and the difference was night and day. I love that '08, but more power, better brakes and better turbo brake - plus the stereo - made me smile the whole trip!

Hambone11

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the whole dash with these new lights at night? Is there a thread around with the part numbers?
I will try and get a picture of the whole dash at night in the next day or so. The part numbers are as follows:

68312667AC. LED lamp. You need two (2) of these. One for the left side of drivers steering wheel and one above the ignition Switch.
68291948AC. lamp and tube for glove box.
i ordered all three from BAM Warehouse Parts.

I found the thread on 5thGenRams forum https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/laramie-ambient-lighting-question.34331/

Alligator John

Reaction score
I will try and get a picture of the whole dash at night in the next day or so. The part numbers are as follows:

68312667AC. LED lamp. You need two (2) of these. One for the left side of drivers steering wheel and one above the ignition Switch.
68291948AC. lamp and tube for glove box.
i ordered all three from BAM Warehouse Parts.

I found the thread on 5thGenRams forum https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/laramie-ambient-lighting-question.34331/
Thank you. That really helps. I ordered the far drivers side lamp from an ebay seller to test out first. I don't want to order the others until I make sure the connectors for them are present.

Users who are viewing this thread