Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

unclelala

Reaction score
3 videos I watched say the Advance is better but the McGard is a better bang for the buck. Now if I can just get some cap to fit the bigger McGard I have on mine.

44Dan44

Reaction score
3 videos I watched say the Advance is better but the McGard is a better bang for the buck. Now if I can just get some cap to fit the bigger McGard I have on mine.
I would submit that better is better. Bang for buck vs in some cases a $4,000 wheel and tire package plus the hassle / time /effort to replace. Not the place to skimp if you need such an item.

unclelala

Reaction score
I would submit that better is better. Bang for buck vs in some cases a $4,000 wheel and tire package plus the hassle / time /effort to replace. Not the place to skimp if you need such an item.
I already have the McGard on my truck because my dealer put them on as part of my purchase...so all I have to do is turn them black some how and cross my fingers and hope I only get honest thieves . I'm on a pension so I'm not rolling in dough. I'm going to have to trust my insurance company on this one. :oops:

Last edited:

4FishLimit

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer.

Getting the ‘Uconnect box update’ error, doesn’t seem to affect anything but still annoying considering I’ve only had the truck for a couple weeks.

downsc123

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer.

Getting the ‘Uconnect box update’ error, doesn’t seem to affect anything but still annoying considering I’ve only had the truck for a couple weeks.
Let us know how that goes and what the fix is. I have the same issue but don't trust the dealer to fix it

762fmj

Reaction score
Let us know how that goes and what the fix is. I have the same issue but don't trust the dealer to fix it
I got this message a couple months ago and as part of an ongoing android auto issue I've gotten a new uconnect box and a new radio. Since then I've gotten the message multiple times and my android auto still doesn't work properly. Dealer told me that they were informed it's a known bug that should have an update fix within the next year and that they shouldn't have even gotten approval for the uconnect box in the first place.

arx237

Reaction score
I get this uconnect crap constantly. One update fixed it and the next one brought it back. I have given up on them fixing their stupid security gateway.

Users who are viewing this thread