Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Diputs

Reaction score
No thread really, just came up in one someone said they couldn't pull the PIN.

If you can use AlfaOBD without bricking your truck, you can surely do this simple procedure.

1. Make sure you have a good internet/data connection on your phone/tablet
  2. Pull the PIN
  3. Program the FOB(s)
Only thing I noticed on these FOB is they don't have the embossed RAM on the Panic button for obvious copyright reasons, and for me at least, no Limited branding on the back side.

My son currently works for a Mopar dealership, so the key blanks will get cut for free soon.
I took the back off my factory key and transferred it to the new one. Now it's atleast half branded.

I did notice you can't swap the actual key. It won't latch in the new fob.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The ebay keyblank is a very tight fit, but does insert into the OEM FOB and lock. The overall thickness is slightly more and the thickness where the key is cut (step offset) is 1.00mm vs .94mm OEM.

The OEM key will not insert all the way into the ebay FOB due to a lip around the perimeter of the open end of the FOB, and the OEM key recess isn't as deep.

ebay FOB (left): 0.98mm lip
1696380475797.jpeg

ebay blank: 1.19mm depth
1696380311003.jpeg

OEM blank: .49mm depth

1696380342940.png

deanfx

Reaction score
I had to get the FOB and key from two different dealers near my home town. They cut the key but had to email someone to get the pin for that or some number. I really didn't understand who the guy was emailing. But it was pretty fast. Just needed my VIN.

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Skar35.jpg
Skar Audio 3.5in in the dash, installed 6x9s in the back (regular cab), they appear to touch the wall, I knew I'd need spacers for the doors, I think I'll go ahead and do a 1/4 or maybe 1/2 spacer on the back also. Rear speakers have all the bass cut out of them by the radio, so I'm curious to see what it's like with all 6 speakers replaced, I do like the sound of the dash speakers and what I can tell of the rears.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Installed a Weboost Drive Reach OTR Fleet Edition using one of those tailgate antenna mounts. Went for max height since f-it I already don't fit in any parking garages and for whatever reason Verizon coverage has gone to hell in some of the more rural parts around me. Didn't take any interior pics, but the booster itself is mounted under the rear middle seat so totally hidden and the interior antenna is mounted where the ram wireless charger would be on the backside of the console (pulled the console out a few inches to stick it in there) so that's also totally hidden. Just fiddling around it boosts the signal substantially at my in town house, but the real test will be the next time I go out to the property. I used the upfitter harness with the pink/orange 12V ignition wire to power it so there was no hacking of any factory wires.

The external antenna wire is fastened to the inside of the bedrail using SS self tapers and SS insulated wire clamps, fed out the grommet at the bulkhead and then into the grommet the trailer backup camera wiring uses in the rear wall. Its completely out of the way and I can still put all the random crap in the bed I put back there without worrying about it getting snagged. It's also safely clear of the tailgate and the diamondback seal seals over it just fine.

signal-2023-10-03-125241_003.jpegsignal-2023-10-03-125241_002.jpeg

Buckrub

Reaction score
Not sure this is right spot. Move if necessary. New here.
2023 Bighorn (Longhorn) Cummins H.O. w/ Aisin. Level 1 trim however. So, I trimmed it up! Just got it back:
Spray in liner
TrailerSaver BD5D 5th wheel hitch
Under rail lights with switch
tailgate hydraulic release actuator
AirRide air bags with onboard compressor and remote
Removed cloth seat covers and added aftermarket leather
Retrax Pro bed cover

Need to find decent hood deflector.
Not showoff, mostly all functional stuff.

Darkside

Reaction score

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Wrapped up my ProMod Bumper Install. To note I would not recommend it, but I got it like 40% price so eh I took the gamble. It's a f-ing IKEA bumper for sure so putting it together just sucks and you need ample patience as well as plenty of swearing. I do like the look and later on I might get something from Chassis Unlimited now that I know I like this look on my truck. It is at-least decently thick plate steel if you compare it to the OE bumper so it'll give me the level of protection I'm after these days, if not again I'll get something sexier from Chassis Unlimited. The skid plate protects the intercooler quite well and it'll do the job keeping rocks/gravel/etc from dinging it up which is really what I was after.

For lights I did the following :
Fogs: DD SS3 Sport Amber SAE Fog Pattern - They're aimed to match the super wide spread of the OE LED fogs and I went sport for two reasons. The sports do not de-rate over time (heat output) and lower power draw being that I'm powering them off the stock fog-light wiring.
Lightbar: 30" Rough Country Spectrum Series - I really couldn't justify something from BD and the price was right on the RC bar. The spectrum series design is very similar to the OE LED reflectors so far as the optics so it matches the truck really well and gives me plenty of extra light for back county road stuff. I have it relayed off the high-beams and powered by an aux switch so if the aux switch is on and I turn on the highs it will engage. I also fused the high beam tap I use to trigger the relay at 1amp to protect the BCM.

I still need to install my SDHQ A Pillar mounts and the white SS3/SSC1 combo I put together for SS3 SAE Driving lights and the small SSC1 floods for work/scene/camping lights. I might get that done tomorrow. The SS3 Driving lights will also be relayed off the highbeams and powered by an aux switch like the lightbar for ease of use on dark backroads. Really been missing the lighting I had on my 4th gen when I'm out in the sticks at night or we go camping so I'm happy to be almost done. All of my DD cubes are also amber backlit so I'll get that wiring finished once I get the A pillar pods on it. Going to prolly do an add-a-circuit from the cab lights if they work the same way they did on the 4th gen, if not I'll trigger a relay using the parking lamp circuit.

signal-2023-10-07-143154_002.jpeg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Wrapped up my ProMod Bumper Install. To note I would not recommend it, but I got it like 40% price so eh I took the gamble. It's a f-ing IKEA bumper for sure so putting it together just sucks and you need ample patience as well as plenty of swearing. I do like the look and later on I might get something from Chassis Unlimited now that I know I like this look on my truck. It is at-least decently thick plate steel if you compare it to the OE bumper so it'll give me the level of protection I'm after these days, if not again I'll get something sexier from Chassis Unlimited. The skid plate protects the intercooler quite well and it'll do the job keeping rocks/gravel/etc from dinging it up which is really what I was after.

For lights I did the following :
Fogs: DD SS3 Sport Amber SAE Fog Pattern - They're aimed to match the super wide spread of the OE LED fogs and I went sport for two reasons. The sports do not de-rate over time (heat output) and lower power draw being that I'm powering them off the stock fog-light wiring.
Lightbar: 30" Rough Country Spectrum Series - I really couldn't justify something from BD and the price was right on the RC bar. The spectrum series design is very similar to the OE LED reflectors so far as the optics so it matches the truck really well and gives me plenty of extra light for back county road stuff. I have it relayed off the high-beams and powered by an aux switch so if the aux switch is on and I turn on the highs it will engage. I also fused the high beam tap I use to trigger the relay at 1amp to protect the BCM.

I still need to install my SDHQ A Pillar mounts and the white SS3/SSC1 combo I put together for SS3 SAE Driving lights and the small SSC1 floods for work/scene/camping lights. I might get that done tomorrow. The SS3 Driving lights will also be relayed off the highbeams and powered by an aux switch like the lightbar for ease of use on dark backroads. Really been missing the lighting I had on my 4th gen when I'm out in the sticks at night or we go camping so I'm happy to be almost done. All of my DD cubes are also amber backlit so I'll get that wiring finished once I get the A pillar pods on it. Going to prolly do an add-a-circuit from the cab lights if they work the same way they did on the 4th gen, if not I'll trigger a relay using the parking lamp circuit.

View attachment 63497
It looks great.

Can you post a picture of it from the side that shows how much it sticks out in front.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
It looks great.

Can you post a picture of it from the side that shows how much it sticks out in front.
Here you go. It's not too bad, just enough for the lightbar. The downside is that aiming the light bar is a major PIA. You've got to contort your arm in there and you need a smaller allen wrench or hex socket/bit with a high tooth count ratchet.

1696780490296.png

Users who are viewing this thread