Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Maintenance day. 12,775 miles on this interval. The usual work up plus a 30k drain and fill on the Aisin. Pulled an engine oil sample to send out for analysis. I bought all my filters through my local international trucks dealer. They had pretty good pricing and they’re only a mile from my house. First time trying the Baldwin PF46152 instead of the Mopar 68436631AA. Looks like they’re the same filter as best I can tell. IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpegIMG_3846.jpegIMG_3845.jpeg

wrvond

Reaction score
Had a set of running boards installed:

Screenshot 2023-10-02 084639.jpg

Then I installed a Curt Q20 slider hitch:

Screenshot 2023-10-02 084250.jpg

I used a Curt A26 in my F350 DRW for many years and it was a noisy son of a gun so I went for the quiet version of the new hitch, however, it may be wasted effort with the roller section - seems to me it is going to be just as noisy as before (looking at how it is put together). I'll know when I actually tow with it, of course. The Q20 does have the head mounted on a spherical axial bearing that allows 360° pivot rather than the standard front-to-back and side-to-side tilting.

4FishLimit

Reaction score
Let us know how that goes and what the fix is. I have the same issue but don't trust the dealer to fix it

Well the fix was….another trip to the dealer.

They didn’t/couldn’t get the message to pop up while it was in the shop. Nothing stored in terms of errors that they could pull with a scanner.

Naturally my second time shutting the truck down after leaving the dealer guess what pops up?

:rolleyes:

Not a huge deal, but annoying to say the least. I’ve been getting the message all weekend so I’ll probably stop by the dealer this evening or tomorrow after work and attempt to perform the update in front of them to show the issue.

downsc123

Reaction score
Well the fix was….another trip to the dealer.

They didn’t/couldn’t get the message to pop up while it was in the shop. Nothing stored in terms of errors that they could pull with a scanner.

Naturally my second time shutting the truck down after leaving the dealer guess what pops up?

:rolleyes:

Not a huge deal, but annoying to say the least. I’ve been getting the message all weekend so I’ll probably stop by the dealer this evening or tomorrow after work and attempt to perform the update in front of them to show the issue.
thanks for the update - mine as well was fixed for a period of time but the latest software push brought it back - get the annoying error every time I drive it - I thought the dealer had a fix and didn't need to see it - but it they need to see it, maybe grab a picture of it

buzzuti

Reaction score
Well, that a rap on round one of the build.

Flew up to Ohio on Friday to pick her up.
Spent some quality time with the folks who helped make it a reality, Reiselt's Machine Works, fantastic people! Highly recommend!

2023 Ram 5500 Laramie CC 4WD 84" CA
11'4" CM AL RD Bed - Bullet Lined
4 Custom Iconic Boxes - Bullet lined
7-way installed on headache rack (for a camper)
Anderson connector on headache rack (DC-DC charging, etc)
Powder Coated Wheels (hub caps Bullet lined)
Brand Motion FullVue Digital Rearview mirror (camera mounted on headache rack, aux camera for the camper)
Blacked out grill, PPF
5500 Heavy Duty back Bullet lined

Truck is a huge upgrade from our 2022 3500 Laramie CC DRW 4WD HO.
She is a beast! IMO, ride quality (after 1300 miles of driving back to Texas) isn't that different from our 3500.
She rides very planted.
We loaded our Arctic Fox 1150 (approx. 4500 lbs) and she only squatted a little over 1"...

Getting some additional work done for mounting our camper, but phase one is essentially completed!

IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_3374.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG

buzzuti

Reaction score
Gorgeous and well setup!!

Is the Anderson DC-DC connector live or on an aux switch?
Thanks! Pretty psyched with how it turned out!

Currently live at the moment.
DC-DC chargers will eventually be install on the camper, and at that point I have a few decisions to make.
As it stands for the moment, it is direct to the battery.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that a rap on round one of the build.
2023 Ram 5500 Laramie CC 4WD 84" CA
Brand Motion FullVue Digital Rearview mirror (camera mounted on headache rack, aux camera for the camper)

Truck is a huge upgrade from our 2022 3500 Laramie CC DRW 4WD HO.
She is a beast! IMO, ride quality (after 1300 miles of driving back to Texas) isn't that different from our 3500.
She rides very planted.
We loaded our Arctic Fox 1150 (approx. 4500 lbs) and she only squatted a little over 1"...

Getting some additional work done for mounting our camper, but phase one is essentially completed!

I'm pretty sure I need this. What model and did it include the AUX (trailer cam?)

Sounds like the current (fakra/coax) CHMSL camera doesn't work with this?

If you have all the ACC/FCW, was there any issue mounting the rearview? Be interested to see a writeup just for this if you haven't already.

buzzuti

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I need this. What model and did it include the AUX (trailer cam?)

Sounds like the current (fakra/coax) CHMSL camera doesn't work with this?

If you have all the ACC/FCW, was there any issue mounting the rearview? Be interested to see a writeup just for this if you haven't already.

I'll for sure get the details put together for ya! (parts and all)

The Brandmotion external camper camera is in fact wireless.
Versus their primary Brandmotion camera mounted on the headache rack which is wired. (mirror has multiple channels)
There is a wireless adapter inline for the mirror for the external camera on the camper, but all the wiring for that wireless camera is in place.
Bolting on that wireless camera this weekend.

I do have the CHMSL OEM integrated camera. I can see through the headache rack to the bed really well, minimal obstructions.
I also have an OEM camera mounted on the back out the CM bed, just above license plate, which works out great. (this is basically the camera on the tailgate of the 2500/3500s)
These are both the integrated Ram camera systems.

Jury is still out at the moment honestly on the Brandmotion mirror.
Dealing with some glare issues during the day, but getting that worked out.
Will follow up!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll for sure get the details put together for ya! (parts and all)

The Brandmotion external camper camera is in fact wireless.
Versus their primary Brandmotion camera mounted on the headache rack which is wired. (mirror has multiple channels)
There is a wireless adapter inline for the mirror for the external camera on the camper, but all the wiring for that wireless camera is in place.
Bolting on that wireless camera this weekend.

I do have the CHMSL OEM integrated camera. I can see through the headache rack to the bed really well, minimal obstructions.
I also have an OEM camera mounted on the back out the CM bed, just above license plate, which works out great. (this is basically the camera on the tailgate of the 2500/3500s)
These are both the integrated Ram camera systems.

Jury is still out at the moment honestly on the Brandmotion mirror.
Dealing with some glare issues during the day, but getting that worked out.
Will follow up!

Thanks,

I'm also going to follow up with @Jimmy07 on the pre-23(?) OEM DRVM w/trailer option if that ever came to fruition. Of course, I didn't save the link to the website so I'll have to go looking around in the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread