Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I asked my Sales Rep and she said "...I think the Parts Manager said it was a fit issue".
Maybe if more people email AMPS and ask for 2023 HD sets, AMP might be more likely to get a set out. I had offered to have a vendor use. my truck as a test platform, but they were adamant about doing it in house.
My POC was:
A.J. P. (Truck Hero)
Technical Service Representative
800-328-9512
sales@amp-research.com

On my way back to Southern Ca where I believe there headquarters is located and I can reach out to AJ and see if he wants to take a look @ 2023. Only thing is I have the Cummins so I am not sure if the difference is in the motors.

Drew M

Reaction score
On my way back to Southern Ca where I believe their headquarters is located and I can reach out to AJ and see if he wants to take a look @ 2023. Only thing is I have the Cummins so I am not sure if the difference is in the motors.
That would be great. It might not help HEMI owners, but it would be a start. I think I read that the Cummins (fuel tank, dampners, and a resonator box?), has some fit issues the HEMI doesn’t. I don’t remember exactly what the issues were. Once I read about some of the issues, I figured I would just need to wait, especially for a clean exact fit.
I truly think AMP wants to get 2023 kits out, but are like us, waiting for Stellantis to get its act together.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
I asked my Sales Rep and she said "...I think the Parts Manager said it was a fit issue".
Maybe if more people email AMPS and ask for 2023 HD sets, AMP might be more likely to get a set out. I had offered to have a vendor use. my truck as a test platform, but they were adamant about doing it in house.
My POC was:
A.J. P. (Truck Hero)
Technical Service Representative
800-328-9512
sales@amp-research.com
They will have to fix it. If you look at AMP steps on their site for 23, there are only like four or five brands of vehicles listed they work on. Then look at the 2022 list and it is like 15 brands...

Drew M

Reaction score
They're probably referring to the active damper device on Hemi trucks. That's in the same place it's been since 2019, it's not something new. The dealer is just being dumb.
I don't mean to be dumb, but what is the "active damper device", and is it on all 2500's?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I don't mean to be dumb, but what is the "active damper device", and is it on all 2500's?
It's a device that counters vibration on Hemi trucks when they're in MDS (cylinder deactivation) mode. It's basically a servo and a weight that vibrates in opposition to the vibration transferred to the frame by the engine.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
That would be great. It might not help HEMI owners, but it would be a start. I think I read that the Cummins (fuel tank, dampners, and a resonator box?), has some fit issues the HEMI doesn’t. I don’t remember exactly what the issues were. Once I read about some of the issues, I figured I would just need to wait, especially for a clean exact fit.
I truly think AMP wants to get 2023 kits out, but are like us, waiting for Stellantis to get its act together.

Good Luck!

Tried calling him today and got roadblocked. He was busy on the other line so I gave the woman who answered the backstory and she seemed puzzled that I would offer up a vehicle. She said they would typically go install on a new vehicle at a dealership. She then tried to put me on hold and ended up hanging up on me. Guess when dealers start getting vehicles in they will update their site.

Drew M

Reaction score
Tried calling him today and got roadblocked. He was busy on the other line so I gave the woman who answered the backstory and she seemed puzzled that I would offer up a vehicle. She said they would typically go install on a new vehicle at a dealership. She then tried to put me on hold and ended up hanging up on me. Guess when dealers start getting vehicles in they will update their site.
I can understand working directly with a dealership, especially for potential warranty issues. I tried to get him to work with a local approved vendor, and was told they prefer their in-house engineers do the work/testing/programing(?).

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Nothing done yet, but parts ordered along with cable and OBD... once everything shows up I'll pick up AlfaOBD

1675979221837.png

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Not today, but this week I did some wheels and tires things. I saw enough vision nemesis wheels on 2500's in parking lots to actually start liking them enough to give Vision a go (usually a Method guy) and the price wasn't bad. I've also always been curious about running a 315/70R18 after having run numerous other ~35 size tires on other vehicles. Saw that the Toyo Open Country M/T variant is advertised as being a 36x13R18 and an E2 65PSI tire so I said lets see how this fits on a stock off-road package. The only suspension mod I have at this point is the Thuren Front Swaybar to make this thing less horrible out in the field.

No trimming was needed, but I did need to pull the small black trim piece behind the liner and zip tie the liner back to the body mount. I've always had to do this when running flaps with larger tires on 4th gen's so nothing new for me. Unlike some other combo's I've run on Rams in the larger side, I didn't need to cut any plastic.... yet. The small bump compliance is loads better on this E2 tire only needing 45PSI to match the 65PSI needed in the factory 20 setup for like for like load ratings. I'm still playing with pressures, but I did use 45 PSI as a starting point. Also installed centramatics at the same time (left weights on the wheels) and wow, smoothest MT experience I've ever had on the highway. I can't believe I didn't get on the hub balancer bandwagon sooner...

Didn't get pics of the liner zip tie work, but did get some comparison shots out at the property against a bone stock lonestar 2500 '22 Off Road Package CTD that was used to pick up the wheels/tires and then in the driveway at my in-town house. The lonestar will get my larmie 20's with 295/65R20's at some point in the future and we'll keep the stock 18"ers from the lonestar as a shared backup full wheel set.

In the future I might find some stainless steel or black lip bolts for the wheels that hold the nylon "protector" rings on to replace the yellow zinc.

Wheels - Vision Nemesis 18x9 +18 Machined Face - P/N 111-8981MF18
Tires - Toyo Open Country M/T LT315/70R18 (36X13.00R18) - Product Code 360560

IMG_1915.jpgIMG_1916.jpgIMG_1918.jpgIMG_1919.jpgIMG_1922.jpg

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
Not today, but this week I did some wheels and tires things. I saw enough vision nemesis wheels on 2500's in parking lots to actually start liking them enough to give Vision a go (usually a Method guy) and the price wasn't bad. I've also always been curious about running a 315/70R18 after having run numerous other ~35 size tires on other vehicles. Saw that the Toyo Open Country M/T variant is advertised as being a 36x13R18 and an E2 65PSI tire so I said lets see how this fits on a stock off-road package. The only suspension mod I have at this point is the Thuren Front Swaybar to make this thing less horrible out in the field.

No trimming was needed, but I did need to pull the small black trim piece behind the liner and zip tie the liner back to the body mount. I've always had to do this when running flaps with larger tires on 4th gen's so nothing new for me. Unlike some other combo's I've run on Rams in the larger side, I didn't need to cut any plastic.... yet. The small bump compliance is loads better on this E2 tire only needing 45PSI to match the 65PSI needed in the factory 20 setup for like for like load ratings. I'm still playing with pressures, but I did use 45 PSI as a starting point. Also installed centramatics at the same time (left weights on the wheels) and wow, smoothest MT experience I've ever had on the highway. I can't believe I didn't get on the hub balancer bandwagon sooner...

Didn't get pics of the liner zip tie work, but did get some comparison shots out at the property against a bone stock lonestar 2500 '22 Off Road Package CTD that was used to pick up the wheels/tires and then in the driveway at my in-town house. The lonestar will get my larmie 20's with 295/65R20's at some point in the future and we'll keep the stock 18"ers from the lonestar as a shared backup full wheel set.

In the future I might find some stainless steel or black lip bolts for the wheels that hold the nylon "protector" rings on to replace the yellow zinc.

Wheels - Vision Nemesis 18x9 +18 Machined Face - P/N 111-8981MF18
Tires - Toyo Open Country M/T LT315/70R18 (36X13.00R18) - Product Code 360560

View attachment 51783View attachment 51784View attachment 51785View attachment 51786View attachment 51787
Those fit your truck perfect, and look great at the same time!

Mikerob14

Reaction score
All done...suspension is up next....
Question. How much do you notice with response and efficiency with this done? I’m looking at doing the full thing from intake box to the heater grid. I’m wondering if without the upgraded intercooler it’s going to lose its total effect because there will be a natural restriction in the system? Looks great btw with that pop of bright red in the bay!

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Question. How much do you notice with response and efficiency with this done? I’m looking at doing the full thing from intake box to the heater grid. I’m wondering if without the upgraded intercooler it’s going to lose its total effect because there will be a natural restriction in the system? Looks great btw with that pop of bright red in the bay!
Full disclosure.... especially for the Banks babies....I put an intake and this horn on a 22 HO and now on this 21 SO...on the HO I feel this and the intake made more of a difference....the HO felt way more sluggish/laggy in stock form than this SO does...there is still a difference with the intake and horn on this SO just not as drastic as with the HO... definitely spools quicker...and also when you push on the go pedal where a stock truck will downshift to get more air it now will just go and not have to downshift....I'm going to add the boost tubes since they seem to get pretty good reviews and it just makes sense since they are larger than the stockers and flow more...I'm not tuned yet....that's in a couple weeks...but if you can feel the difference in stock form I say the mod is worth it....

Users who are viewing this thread