Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I finally go around to installing my Airbag setup i installed the compressor yesterday and did the bags this evening
Over all a nice little 3hr job by the time are the wiring and tubing was ran nicely. I finally used the pass through wiring for my ign power but who the hell though about the location of that gray plug it was the hardest part of the install trying to get my hand in to plug it in

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Has anyone had to do U-joints on their 19+ yet? I can not find any aftermarket replacements and really not looking to spend $270 on stock Mopar ones...
Which u joint? The rear driveshaft are 1550s and the front driveshaft are 1410 based on cross referencing from rock auto. Both standard joints. Front axle are 1555s. Double check but they had all of them in stock

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Which u joint? The rear driveshaft are 1550s and the front driveshaft are 1410 based on cross referencing from rock auto. Both standard joints. Front axle are 1555s. Double check but they had all of them in stock
Its likely the companys have not updated the 2019+ fitment as the front joints are the same as the 13-18 if iirc

phatboy64

Reaction score
Mike,

You'll set caster to one notch back from straight down since you're using drops. The Thuren specs are really the same as Carli or any other proper alignment for these trucks, with 1/16" of toe and 3-4 degrees of caster.

We do recommend those PW isolators with any Ram coil from either Carli or Thuren.

Answer from CJC TECH SUPPORT for a couple of questions I asked. I didn't want to max out the caster either and wanted a little more lift then what leveling springs would provide.
If I am not mistaken, without the radius drop brackets you have to max out the caster adjustment to gat 3 - 4 degrees of caster. What are the PW isolators?

Wholeo

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, without the radius drop brackets you have to max out the caster adjustment to gat 3 - 4 degrees of caster. What are the PW isolators?
From what I have seen on a CJC video, with leveling springs you set the caster adjuster to the 2nd mark towards the back of the truck so yes there is more room for adjustments with the drops only going 1 mark back from center. I can't remember how many total marks there are either way from center. Carli has a tech section on their site addressing coil spring bow and the possibility of a spring popping out when just using 2.5" leveling springs. Carli recommends using Power Wagon isolators because they have more rubber that goes deeper on the outside and inside of the top of the springs. I'm not smart enough to provide a link, but if you look it up it's a interesting read, look for Media then Ram Coil Spring Support.

Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
From what I have seen on a CJC video, with leveling springs you set the caster adjuster to the 2nd mark towards the back of the truck so yes there is more room for adjustments with the drops only going 1 mark back from center. I can't remember how many total marks there are either way from center. Carli has a tech section on their site addressing coil spring bow and the possibility of a spring popping out when just using 2.5" leveling springs. Carli recommends using Power Wagon isolators because they have more rubber that goes deeper on the outside and inside of the top of the springs. I'm not smart enough to provide a link, but if you look it up it's a interesting read, look for Media then Ram Coil Spring Support.
Thanks. I found the article it is very informative. After reading it you would think Carli would include the PW isolators in the 2.5 level kit. It also makes me feel a little better about installing the radius arm drop brackets. It attached a link to the article in case anyone else is interested.

Wholeo

Reaction score
Thanks. I found the article it is very informative. After reading it you would think Carli would include the PW isolators in the 2.5 level kit. It also makes me feel a little better about installing the radius arm drop brackets. It attached a link to the article in case anyone else is interested.

No problem. I got the PW isolators thinking I was going to do leveling springs. Went with the Carli kit for the same reasons as you plus a little more lift since I have a mega cab. I got the PW isolators so I'm going to install them as suggested.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I did on my 2014...I tried multiple aftermarket u-joints and none of them fit. They were all too big at the cross.
The dealer pieces were the only ones that fit.

Been intending to put a set in the recovery job box in the bed, that sucks. Will probably consult with my driveline guy when I get a chance.

Beldin

Reaction score
I finally go around to installing my Airbag setup i installed the compressor yesterday and did the bags this evening
Over all a nice little 3hr job by the time are the wiring and tubing was ran nicely. I finally used the pass through wiring for my ign power but who the hell though about the location of that gray plug it was the hardest part of the install trying to get my hand in to plug it in

I really like having bags on the rear, but I was way too lazy and really do not have facilities to do it myself. What setup did you go with?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I really like having bags on the rear, but I was way too lazy and really do not have facilities to do it myself. What setup did you go with?
I made my own steel cradles instead of the plastic daystar cradles. I went with Pacbrake 7500 bags (very nice quality kit i had the airlifts but returned them) and the airlift 25804 compressor kit.

I didn't take any pictures but heres the cradles before paint i also added a drain hole after mounting so the cradles don't fill with water

Attachments

• 657B1848-96BB-4E10-B5C8-D78E0E4C6469.jpeg
    657B1848-96BB-4E10-B5C8-D78E0E4C6469.jpeg
    451.2 KB · Views: 42
  • F5EA3989-5C10-4CEA-AC33-8B7156281A72.jpeg
    F5EA3989-5C10-4CEA-AC33-8B7156281A72.jpeg
    688.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
I made my own steel cradles instead of the plastic daystar cradles. I went with Pacbrake 7500 bags (very nice quality kit i had the airlifts but returned them) and the airlift 25804 compressor kit.

I didn't take any pictures but heres the cradles before paint lol
I know you've posted this before, but I really dig this idea. I feel like you could prob shave half an inch in travel over the Daystar cradles, and they would for sure be more durable.

Do you have a lathe or did you send this out?

Users who are viewing this thread