Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Blackfin

Reaction score
That looks really good! Creative mod there. Really changes the look for the better.
Thanks! I was surprised how easy it was to do. Not sure how well it will hold up, saw mixed experiences from other posts. Will try to post back in a few months with an update. With all of the outstanding attention to detail Ram puts on these trucks, especially the interior, it just seems like such a glaring oversight.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Ya that resonator looks like the truck ran over something and ‘’got stuck-up in you’re undercarriage’’........line from the best movie of all time DUKES OF HAZARD!!

dmk9

Reaction score
Added a hidden winch . Custom built the winch plate for my 2019 1500 5th gen. Upgraded to a 2500 and modified. Just finished today
I'm very interested in doing this... care to elaborate at all? How did you make the bracket?
I have been thinking about buying the power wagon parts and putting those on.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
I'm very interested in doing this... care to elaborate at all? How did you make the bracket?
I have been thinking about buying the power wagon parts and putting those on.

I wouldn’t recommend the route of the PW if you aren’t married to it. It’s an elegant solution for what it is but limited in how it’s set up. Essentially the PW winch is mounted on its side and clocked to pull from the bottom. Mounting upright is less work to set up.

OA

IronByron

Reaction score
I added this to my 2019 2500 6.7 Cummins with the off-road package (anti-slip diff). I think the power wagons and gassers come with them. The diesels don’t seem to and I don’t know why. I was getting bad shudder/hopping when in dirt or slick stuff. This seems to have helped from what I can tell (I have only been in some mild loose gravel so far, more testing to come). Rear end feels more planted for sure in my opinion. It was around $225 from Geno’s (that was the cheapest I could find it)

Power Hop kit:
380559ba1e785834a8c36af3387983f5.jpg

69df2408c50c8c8072ae02260309c35f.jpg

Last edited:

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Yeah not meant for leaf spring setups. It’s to help with the soft top end on coil spring rear ends. Meaning the coils don’t stiffen until they compress, allowing the wheels to hop up when the anti-spin kicks in looking for grip.
Well isn’t that a kicker ....shock. :p Looks good and please keep updating on your findings. Especially interested in how different it handles on gravel/ potholes/ Washboard etc.

Squatch

Reaction score
Yeah not meant for leaf spring setups. It’s to help with the soft top end on coil spring rear ends. Meaning the coils don’t stiffen until they compress, allowing the wheels to hop up when the anti-spin kicks in looking for grip.
Well ****, while we are at it, is there something you guys recommend for a similar hopping issue on gravel roads with leaf springs, I found putting it in 4 wheel drive takes care of most of it, but wouldn’t mind something bolt on to stop the hop.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Leaf spring trucks have a half spring with a think snubber in the front that's there to control axle wrap.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
You guys have helped me get off the fence and decide to pull the trigger...yesterday I ordered an Air Lift 5000 ultimate plus. I have an appointment with the truck shop, Trick Trucks, to have it installed Tuesday. The shop does a lot of suspension work and have all the necessary tools to make short work of it and I trust them to do it right. The guys at the shop recommended I wait to and decide later if I wanted to add the compressor. They said it would be an easy upgrade if I wanted it. I went with Brutal's advice on getting the stainless steel model, including braided stainless lines. Going to have each bag plumbed separately for flexibility. The shop recommended installing the fill valves into the license plate bolt holder. I’ll post some pics here once the job is complete.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Not too loud, barely heard from the cab. It only runs for a few seconds.
Sorry for all the questions. Do the bags ever leak air and need to be re-inflated while in use? If so, does the system keep them inflated to the chosen setting automatically? If I didn’t have on board air, would I need to closely monitor pressure and keep them inflated?

orlando bull

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions. Do the bags ever leak air and need to be re-inflated while in use? If so, does the system keep them inflated to the chosen setting automatically? If I didn’t have on board air, would I need to closely monitor pressure and keep them inflated?
No problem, all questions I considered as well.

The compressor does keep them to the correct level.

They shouldn't leak, however, weather changes could impact them just as it can with your tires. You're supposed to keep 5psi in them, so, I didn't want to have to fuss with checking them and dealing with it. That's the main reason I went on board. I'll run about 8 psi empty, and whatever I need towing, don't need to change frequently, just didn't want to worry about it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
15 years with the plastic lines and I never had a problem. I did have to tweak the stainless a few times to get them to seal up. They were good after that.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
No problem, all questions I considered as well.

The compressor does keep them to the correct level.

They shouldn't leak, however, weather changes could impact them just as it can with your tires. You're supposed to keep 5psi in them, so, I didn't want to have to fuss with checking them and dealing with it. That's the main reason I went on board. I'll run about 8 psi empty, and whatever I need towing, don't need to change frequently, just didn't want to worry about it.
Well I think I’m sold on the airlift 5,000 lb bags and the wireless kit you recommended. I appreciate all the info!

Users who are viewing this thread