Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won't unlock after remote start

Bulldog

Reaction score
No there will not be a fix until the second quarter as per the star case mentioned here.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...I don't think they have anyone smart enough to fix it. They've supposedly been working on this issue for 6 months...pathetic!

jadmt

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...I don't think they have anyone smart enough to fix it. They've supposedly been working on this issue for 6 months...pathetic!
I'm not but I am not letting lack of remote start/unlocking deter from enjoying my truck. To be honest if it never got fixed I would be fine with it. One thing I have not tried and don't want to re-read every page here is if you let the truck run until it shuts itself off will the door locks work then?

Reaction score
I'm not but I am not letting lack of remote start/unlocking deter from enjoying my truck. To be honest if it never got fixed I would be fine with it. One thing I have not tried and don't want to re-read every page here is if you let the truck run until it shuts itself off will the door locks work then?
Ironically yes

Bulldog

Reaction score
No there will not be a fix until the second quarter as per the star case mentioned here.

The reason it bothers me so much is I leave my house for work @ 3:30 am & use the remote start 5 or 6 days a week & it has never worked right since day one. I have now had this truck 10 weeks. And to answer your question...if you remote start it & wait for it to stop running the door unlocks with one press off the unlock button.

kristof

Reaction score
After I have installed the passive entry it don't bother me as much. But sometimes whole family get ready to leave and I remote start my truck. Then my wife walk up to it and yell at me to unlock it and I can't. Have to literally walk up to the truck with my keys to unlock it. Every single times she tells me "$40K for a truck and you can't unlock it from the house?"

jadmt

Reaction score
The reason it bothers me so much is I leave my house for work @ 3:30 am & use the remote start 5 or 6 days a week & it has never worked right since day one. I have now had this truck 10 weeks. And to answer your question...if you remote start it & wait for it to stop running the door unlocks with one press off the unlock button.
i would just start it early enough so it shuts off right before I get to it.

jadmt

Reaction score
After I have installed the passive entry it don't bother me as much. But sometimes whole family get ready to leave and I remote start my truck. Then my wife walk up to it and yell at me to unlock it and I can't. Have to literally walk up to the truck with my keys to unlock it. Every single times she tells me "$40K for a truck and you can't unlock it from the house?"
man up and tell her hon if you would have let me spend 60K I could have started it from anywhere in the world....LOL

fatboywilly

Reaction score
Purchased mine in december. Added StartX remote start. Works great but sometimes you have to push the button a few times to get it to unlock. Most of the time it works on first try. Oh well.

jadmt

Reaction score
dealership called this morning to tell me they got the RF hub in and one key fob and have another key fob coming from another dealership and were expecting that on on monday. They still say the star case is not pertaining to me....I guess I will know next week lol.

BrkMstr

Reaction score
Purchased a 2500HD (2 weeks old), traded a 2018 1500 BigHorn, BigHorn factory installed remote worked flawless since purchased. I had the dealership install the factory remote prior to the 2500 delivery (Hemi) - first time used doors would not un-lock I had to use the key - found what others have, multiple taps will open - key will open / engine stops - sometimes it will work first time - does not matter if it is the new key fobs or the ones without remote - all will operate the same / had the same issues, if you allow it to run / time out, the doors will open with remote no issue - called dealer told to bring it in, worked on it for an hour came out and said they just received notification from Mopar, Mopar advised in writing they were aware of the problem and expected a correction, gave me a case number and letter from Mopar that a TSB software update will be released during the 2nd quarter of 2021 - in bold print it states: "Replacement of RFH, Fobik's or any other components WILL NOT resolve this customer concern". The dealer then advised they will stay on them and when resolution is available they will notify us. From what I have read here, Sounds like it may be awhile.....

Bulldog

Reaction score
Purchased a 2500HD (2 weeks old), traded a 2018 1500 BigHorn, BigHorn factory installed remote worked flawless since purchased. I had the dealership install the factory remote prior to the 2500 delivery (Hemi) - first time used doors would not un-lock I had to use the key - found what others have, multiple taps will open - key will open / engine stops - sometimes it will work first time - does not matter if it is the new key fobs or the ones without remote - all will operate the same / had the same issues, if you allow it to run / time out, the doors will open with remote no issue - called dealer told to bring it in, worked on it for an hour came out and said they just received notification from Mopar, Mopar advised in writing they were aware of the problem and expected a correction, gave me a case number and letter from Mopar that a TSB software update will be released during the 2nd quarter of 2021 - in bold print it states: "Replacement of RFH, Fobik's or any other components WILL NOT resolve this customer concern". The dealer then advised they will stay on them and when resolution is available they will notify us. From what I have read here, Sounds like it may be awhile.....you
Welcome to the club...they have been supposedly working on this issue since last October & said they would have a fix by first quarter of 2021. That didn't happen so now they say second quarter of 2021...pathetic! Just imagine how long it would take them to fix a serious issue!

Darkside

Reaction score
Just realized, actually my whole remote is dead after remote start, not just the unlock button, once the truck is started I can’t even hit the start button again to shut it back off. I just happen to be lucky enough to have the passive entry...

kristof

Reaction score
Just realized, actually my whole remote is dead after remote start, not just the unlock button, once the truck is started I can’t even hit the start button again to shut it back off. I just happen to be lucky enough to have the passive entry...
I had to install passive entry in mine just so I could use the remote starter.

r440

Reaction score
so does this happen with All ? or just a select few ?

jadmt

Reaction score
so does this happen with All ? or just a select few ?
buddy bought a power wagon the same time as me and both were built in July of 2020 and his remote start works fine evert time. We both have 8.4 screens. his is level 2 mine level 1.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Can you not just hit the start button 2x to shut it off?

im kinda glad i didnt get the oem remotestart that and the oem fob sucks compared to the 2000’ range my aftermarket 2 way.

Darkside

Reaction score

im kinda glad i didnt get the oem remotestart that and the oem fob sucks compared to the 2000’ range my aftermarket 2 way.
Personally my remote won’t let me do anything after remote start, not sure if anyone else has experienced the same, or maybe they haven’t tried anything but the unlock

jadmt

Reaction score

no once the remote start is activated the fob is dead to the world lol. eventually after it is pushed enough the doors will open but mine will not shut the truck off.

Users who are viewing this thread