Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won't unlock after remote start

Reaction score
2020 3500 gas , remote start works fine. Problem is when you try to unlock the door to get in you have to repeatedly push the unlock button. I'm going to have the dealership look at it. Just wondered if any one else has this issue.

[MOD Edit:] FCA Issued TSB 08-052-21 to correct this:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10190730-9999.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
2020 3500 gas , remote start works fine. Problem is when you try to unlock the door to get in you have to repeatedly push the unlock button. I'm going to have the dealership look at it. Just wondered if any one else has this issue.
Mine works fine, just stick my fingers behind the handle, I'm assuming your talking about hitting the unlock button on the fob since thers no unlock button on handle, just lock

Reaction score
Mine works fine, just stick my fingers behind the handle, I'm assuming your talking about hitting the unlock button on the fob since thers no unlock button on handle, just lock
You are correct. Wish it would unlock with the handle, but it's not made that way

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
When I first got the truck, i was doing it wrong because ive never done it and was putting my hand on the handle like I was going to open it but it would not always work. My wife who can figure out anything said just kind of stick your fingers behind handle without grabbing it. Boom, works everytime, just walk up put fingers behind front handle while I'm opening up rear door for groceries . Hopefully your smarter than i was :rolleyes:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is made that way: as rich said just place your hand behind the handle and let it happen(fob needs to be near door)

Not all trucks have passive entry/proximity door handles. Since the OP didn't specify model or related features, it's hard to diagnose.

A weak FOB battery can cause issues, including passive entry problems, but the EVIC should indicate low battery.

kristof

Reaction score
I have same problem. Did you add the remote start yourself? It looks like I have to wait certain amount of time before I'm able to unlock it.

kristof

Reaction score
Have you ever got your fixed? Mine still doing it.

kristof

Reaction score
Called my dealer they want $150 for diagnosis.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Here https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/82215841.html it says "Vehicle must NOT be equipped with the following sales code: JKR (Production Remote Tail Gate Release)." My dealer added the code to my truck once I installed the tailgate assist. Is this is why it's been acting like this?
No. The reason it says that is because the remote start kit comes with fobs that do not have the tailgate release button, so they won’t work for that feature. Can you upload your BCM system ID log here so I can check some things out.

kristof

Reaction score
No. The reason it says that is because the remote start kit comes with fobs that do not have the tailgate release button, so they won’t work for that feature. Can you upload your BCM system ID log here so I can check some things out.
You will have to wait till i get home and install they bypass

kristof

Reaction score
Ok. But I don't have the Bluetooth with me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Android

Connect to the BCM, and click on the battery icon in the lower right. Select read system ID, and let the list fully populate. Select the tools icon on the top of the screen. Select upload to google drive. Sign in (assuming you already have a google drive acct- it’s free). Upload faults and status log. Select body_chrysler_info, and it will automatically upload the file. Open google drive and select that file’s tools, and select share. Choose “viewer” so anybody with the link can view. Paste the link here.

kristof

Reaction score
Connect to the BCM, and click on the battery icon in the lower right. Select read system ID, and let the list fully populate. Select the tools icon on the top of the screen. Select upload to google drive. Sign in (assuming you already have a google drive acct- it’s free). Upload faults and status log. Select body_chrysler_info, and it will automatically upload the file. Open google drive and select that file’s tools, and select share. Choose “viewer” so anybody with the link can view. Paste the link here.
Here you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/17sph9FqJpV35tWr6WcIisYW5tI-SxeZF/view?usp=drivesdk

kristof

Reaction score
Maybe there should be a resistor installed somewhere?
c55aacc729a0ba540a9f7047de615797.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread