Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won't unlock after remote start

CnyRver

Reaction score
If it’s a factory keyless entry that was installed the update should fix the problem.
Yes it had keyless entry and dealer added mopar remote start. Only difference is mine won’t unlock, lock even without remote starting first. I have to push it like 5x times before it works. Most threads I read mention that issue after remote starting. Weird thing is my issue is opposite. I can unlock after remote start.

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Yes it had keyless entry and dealer added mopar remote start. Only difference is mine won’t unlock, lock even without remote starting first. I have to push it like 5x times before it works. Most threads I read mention that issue after remote starting. Weird thing is my issue is opposite. I can unlock after remote start.
We would be happy to look into this further for you, @CnyRver! Please send our team a PM with your VIN so that we may investigate this on your behalf.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

CnyRver

Reaction score
Thanks @Ram Cares. I recently traded my truck in for a new Ram 3500 LB Diesel. Hopefully I don’t have issues with my new truck even though my old truck was only 8 months old.

kristof

Reaction score
Do I need to bring all my FOBs with me when they update the software?

jadmt

Reaction score
Do I need to bring all my FOBs with me when they update the software?
I did. be crazy to get there and have them tell you that they need them. they did tell me to bring mine with me. Mine is still working like it should.

travisb1991

Reaction score
Thank You
Did this software update fix the problem for yours, I’m planning on doing the hood latch wiring etc just like you did but on a 21 tradesman, everything I’ve read points to these problems. Have they been resolved?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Did this software update fix the problem for yours, I’m planning on doing the hood latch wiring etc just like you did but on a 21 tradesman, everything I’ve read points to these problems. Have they been resolved?
I had the latch but added the remote start to my Tman no issues unlocking

kristof

Reaction score
Yes the update resolved the unlock problem.

Users who are viewing this thread