Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won't unlock after remote start

jadmt

Reaction score
got an appointment for Friday at 7am hopefully this will fix the issue. Something that is strange is the service writer said my vin does not fall under either the star case or the tsb. Mine was built july 20. looking at the tsb it says equipped with remote proximity entry mine has factory remote start (part of the power wagon package) but I do not have proximity keyless entry.

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
It worked....so far so good. The Service writer did say my truck already was showing it had the update in the computer which he said was odd, seems odd being it just came out and my truck was built july 2020.. He said they went ahead reloaded it again and the remote start/door unlocks started working properly. He also said they still show that the RFH module was not reading...he said they couldn't explain it but it is working like it supposed to. He did say he would not be surprised if it started acting up again because of the RFH not reading error they are getting. I would think it is odd that the tsb was for sales code GXD (remote proximity keyless entry) which mine does not have. my sales code for door locks is GXM (remote keyless entry). crossing my fingers that it will stay working but so far so good.

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
Mine is still working like it should...anyone else get the software update?

boydefecto

Reaction score
I was
Mine is still working like it should...anyone else get the software update?
I was hoping to hear others getting the update and see if it is truly fixed as well. Fingers crossed.

boydefecto

Reaction score
I take my truck in next week to have the remote start looked at and a couple other issues. Hopefully this is the end all fix. Haha.

jadmt

Reaction score
ask your dealer to look up TSB 08-052-21 mine is still working like it was designed to work.

Darkside

Reaction score
I called my local dealer & they had no idea what update I'm talking about.
My dealer had no clue either, I printed it and handed to them, they actually attached it to my work order for the oil change. Everything is working how it should now!!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I take my truck in next week to have the remote start looked at and a couple other issues. Hopefully this is the end all fix. Haha.
Hey there--

Feel free to send us a private message and let us know how your dealer visit went! Otherwise, please know that our inbox is always open if you ever need any additional support.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

boydefecto

Reaction score
They performed the work yesterday. It seems that remote start works properly now. I have 2 pending issues still, but they are working on them.

mcarey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this TSB would need to be performed on a truck that hasn't been shipped to the dealer yet, or should I be good when I receive my truck in the next month or so?

jadmt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this TSB would need to be performed on a truck that hasn't been shipped to the dealer yet, or should I be good when I receive my truck in the next month or so?
I would try your remote start before you leave the lot..but you would thing it would have the latest updates but why chance it.

mcarey

Reaction score
I would try your remote start before you leave the lot..but you would thing it would have the latest updates but why chance it.
lol, solid idea. I'll have to try to remember that!

kristof

Reaction score
I would think the same. But from my experience with dealer I would check it before you leave.

CnyRver

Reaction score
I have an issue just trying to unlock, lock or remote start on my 2020 2500 tradesman. My remote start was added by the dealer at purchase. Just had the remote key fob replaced. Have to keep pushing unlock or lock to get it to work. Does anyone know if this update will fix that?

Darkside

Reaction score
I have an issue just trying to unlock, lock or remote start on my 2020 2500 tradesman. My remote start was added by the dealer at purchase. Just had the remote key fob replaced. Have to keep pushing unlock or lock to get it to work. Does anyone know if this update will fix that?
If it’s a factory keyless entry that was installed the update should fix the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread