Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck won't unlock after remote start

jadmt

Reaction score
Have you had the new RF hub installed & if so did it cure the remote start issue?
No, I have not yet. I suppose I should give them a call and find out what is going on with the other fob.

Nucknfutz

Reaction score
No, I have not yet. I suppose I should give them a call and find out what is going on with the other fob.
Instead of multiple presses of the button to unlock when the truck is running, I find that pressing and holding the unlock button until it unlocks seems to work pretty much every time. My truck is also a July 2020 truck With level 1, 8.4" Uconnect group. Does anyone here who has this issue have the built in nav or wifi/cellular option or 12" screen? Mine is just the plain 8.4" non Nav. Like the rest of you, I am waiting for Ram to come out with their Q2 Fix......

Last edited:

SmokeShowJoe

Reaction score
that 2020 3500 gas , remote start works fine. Problem is when you try to unlock the door to get in you have to repeatedly push the unlock button. I'm going to have the dealership look at it. Just wondered if any one else has this issue.
700 miles on my 2021 Mega Cab 2500 6.7 Ram and I have the same problem. Mft. Date of 01/2021. I did find a work around that works for me until the software update is released. I can click twice the remote start on my fob then immediately click the unlock button. Its only after the engine starts that my fob stops working. This works for me every time.

jadmt

Reaction score
700 miles on my 2021 Mega Cab 2500 6.7 Ram and I have the same problem. Mft. Date of 01/2021. I did find a work around that works for me until the software update is released. I can click twice the remote start on my fob then immediately click the unlock button. Its only after the engine starts that my fob stops working. This works for me every time.
I tried it and it works for me too. Just have to hit the unlock before the truck actually starts. nice find.

Bulldog

Reaction score
If Ramcares is reading this could you please give us an update on this remote start issue....I know they have supposedly been working on this issue for over 6 months. After 6 months (pathetic) do they even have any idea what is causing this problem?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
If Ramcares is reading this could you please give us an update on this remote start issue....I know they have supposedly been working on this issue for over 6 months. After 6 months (pathetic) do they even have any idea what is causing this problem?
bAuUH8L.jpg

The second quarter JUST started.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

It's been posted multiple times. Please stop harassing ramcares over this issue, it's out of their hands and belongs to engineering which has published a fix forthcoming Q2 2021.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This question was addressed to Ramcares not you.

Jimmy07 is one of the most helpful, knowledgeable, and respected CONTRIBUTING members we have here.

You have done nothing but berate and hurl insults at people in this thread and haven't contributed a single thing elsewhere on the forum. I suggest you stop.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I wish we could take applications before we allow new members to make post.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
HGRAMS, Can we start taking applications before we allow the uneducated new member to make first post.

We were all new once and many a little scrappy at one time.

If a member appears to willfully or maliciously violate site rules, which includes being a troll, etc., please just report the post with a note why you think it should be addressed.

Sometimes, but not always, a member's conduct will be commented on publicly in an attempt to educate all. They can chose to heed the recommendations or not. Choices have consequences.

Xflight29

Reaction score
We were all new once and many a little scrappy at one time.

If a member appears to willfully or maliciously violate site rules, which includes being a troll, etc., please just report the post with a note why you think it should be addressed.

Sometimes, but not always, a member's conduct will be commented on publicly in an attempt to educate all. They can chose to heed the recommendations or not. Choices have consequences.
I hear ya, buts its hard not to hit back at someone after messing with a highly informative member like Jimmy. Jimmy has helped all of us at one time or another.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Hello everyone,
Recently a TSB was released which addresses symptoms similar to what you are describing here. (Attached below.) We recommend scheduling a dealer service at your earliest convenience so that a certified technician can assist in applying the TSB service to your vehicle. Of course, please feel free to loop our team into a PM if you would like additional support throughout your dealer service!
View attachment 14493

Kathryn
Ram Cares

jadmt

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Recently a TSB was released which addresses symptoms similar to what you are describing here. (Attached below.) We recommend scheduling a dealer service at your earliest convenience so that a certified technician can assist in applying the TSB service to your vehicle. Of course, please feel free to loop our team into a PM if you would like additional support throughout your dealer service!
View attachment 14493

Kathryn
Ram Cares
attachment does not open for me. Is it different than the one posted above Star case S2108000009?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
attachment does not open for me. Is it different than the one posted above Star case S2108000009?
Seems like she’s trying to post the TSB (fix procedure) for it. Not opening for me either. A quick search on techauthority, and nothing recent stands out in the released TSBs. @RamCares , can you try attaching that TSB again?

Users who are viewing this thread