Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

TxRam

Reaction score
Go key on, engine off. Now that you have lights, you should be able to connect. I don't know why I told you ACC position.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
This thread is amazing. Sorry for bringing it up after a month. But I did have a few questions.

My truck only came with 1 fob and the dealer will be ordering me another Fob.

I am wondering, I am going to call them on Monday and see if they can get me the fob with the tailgate and remote start, and I'd pay the difference between that and my 2 button remote.

Now, they will have to program that remote - and since I "NEED" a second key, I am wondering if I can have them do that for me and add the sales code for the remote start.

I tried to read this thread, but I have two kids bouncing around, TV playing Aladdin for the 34th time this week..

SO am I accurate from what I found:

My 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn has the harness and wire at the hood latch.

I just need the sales code of XBM added - and the remote start will work or will I need something else on top of that?

And the sales code of JKR for the tailgate is not needed, as that seems to work right out of the bag. I also just installed the tailgate damping.

Any help would be helpful. It's awesome to see so many wiring diagrams, pin locations, BCM pins, etc from you guys. Where are you getting that info from???

By the way. I freaking love these trucks!!!!

JoshuaaT

Reaction score
This thread is amazing. Sorry for bringing it up after a month. But I did have a few questions.

I am wondering, I am going to call them on Monday and see if they can get me the fob with the tailgate and remote start, and I'd pay the difference between that and my 2 button remote.

Now, they will have to program that remote - and since I "NEED" a second key, I am wondering if I can have them do that for me and add the sales code for the remote start.

I tried to read this thread, but I have two kids bouncing around, TV playing Aladdin for the 34th time this week..

I just need the sales code of XBM added - and the remote start will work or will I need something else on top of that?

And the sales code of JKR for the tailgate is not needed, as that seems to work right out of the bag. I also just installed the tailgate damping.

Any help would be helpful. It's awesome to see so many wiring diagrams, pin locations, BCM pins, etc from you guys. Where are you getting that info from???

Yes remote start will work by just added the XBM sales code. They could not find the JKR sales code to add, but it worked after they programmed my new remote.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Yep just need the sales code for remote start only the tailgate release code is not needed

kristof

Reaction score

I had a.really hard time explaining to them the gate will work once they program the fob. There was a lot of words exchanged and finally they did program it. They were so shocked it just worked that they call over couple salesman and technicians to tell them about it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had a.really hard time explaining to them the gate will work once they program the fob. There was a lot of words exchanged and finally they did program it. They were so shocked it just worked that they call over couple salesman and technicians to tell them about it.
I had the same issue when i had the dealer enable the remote start they insisted my added switches in the fob would not work (even though i proved the gate release worked) they also said i needed a module and other parts for the remote start to work. In the end i told them they had nothing to lose they were getting paid either way. In the end they were flabbergasted when it worked and they were wrong they were not very happy after i laughed in their faces and said they were crooks for trying to sell stuff that was not needed

subic97

Reaction score
So I finally got another dealer to program the fobs and got my remote start to work. Bonus is the remote tailgate open works to, with nothing extra to do. I did get the auto climate on with remote start to show up on the uconnect 5, does anyone know what setting for the cust. Program 1 should be at? Options on alfaobd are 1&2 option or 2-3 option. Truck is a 2022 3500

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So I finally got another dealer to program the fobs and got my remote start to work. Bonus is the remote tailgate open works to, with nothing extra to do. I did get the auto climate on with remote start to show up on the uconnect 5, does anyone know what setting for the cust. Program 1 should be at? Options on alfaobd are 1&2 option or 2-3 option. Truck is a 2022 3500
It’s 2-3 option. But the setting you’re referring to (auto on driver comfort CSM) is for the heated/ventilated seats and wheel to come on above 77°/below 40°.

subic97

Reaction score
It’s 2-3 option. But the setting you’re referring to (auto on driver comfort CSM) is for the heated/ventilated seats and wheel to come on above 77°/below 40°.
Thanks. I didn’t do anything with the CSM one. The only other setting I turned on was the cust. Program 2 changed that to yes then it showed up on the screen.

Jgouldski

Reaction score

I added this to my 2019 2500 Big Horn and mine did not have the proper hood latch. I had to order the hood latch with hood ajar sensor, then run 2 wires to the harness underneath the fuse box where the wires from the BCM terminate for the hood ajar sensor to operate. You could also run the wires directly to the BCM but I wanted it to be more "factory".

I was thinking of going with the resistor method that has been mentioned in this thread (terminate the BCM wires at a resistor that makes the BCM think that the hood is never ajar), but I just couldn't shake the chance of me or someone else working in there and bumping the remote start while their hands are in there...

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
OK! So bad new is the dealer didn't order me the smart key, so I got the 2nd base unlock/lock key.

However, I do have a buddy of mine that works for a dealership. He said he can program it and has done it for others.

Will a 19-21 key work ? I went to UHS site and they don't list a 5 button available so kind of stuck..

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
However, I did come across this.. But confused by:
"Part operates tailgate open function only"
  • SKU:82216123AB
  • Description:
    Kit includes two fobs. Part operates tailgate open function only. Compatible dampener kit is available, sold separately.
  • Replaces:82216123AA

rayzer12

Reaction score
I hate to beat a dead horse (but its dead). After reading almost this entire post, it appears I need to get this part

82215841AC​

for my 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesman (6.4L) as I don't have the wired hood latch. My questions are the following since I cannot get a great description of that part # from many of the sites.
  1. The picture always shows older style key fobs, can someone confirm they are the newer style (from the description it does seem like they are newer)?
  2. Do the key fobs in this kit come with the tailgate release button? If not is there a known kit number that does have that button as well?
  3. Once I install the latch and attach the cabling (and or have dealer perform) I am good for key fobs to be programmed, and remote start sales code added?
Thank you in advance.

vzar47a

Reaction score
I don't think it was mentioned earlier in the forum - what AWG is the wire for the BCM?

vzar47a

Reaction score
Also, in case anyone has the BCM wire pre installed in C1 pin 11 and you want to avoid dealing with the BCM pins, I found the pin and seal for the grey connector under the fuse box on Mouser, you can buy qty 1 of each.

See Jimmy’s post #288 on page 15 for the details.

Pin on Mouser
Seal on Mouser

ZaTHRaS

Reaction score
To add to my reply above: another option if you don’t have the hood latch and wiring- the hood ajar sensor wire is most likely present at the BCM connector C1 pin 11. You can just ground that wire with a 1k ohm resistor, and the BCM will see the hood as always being closed. Just throwing that out there if one weren’t concerned about installing the correct latch and wiring.
22 Tradesman 2500, no hood switch...So, can I just T-Tap or Posi-Tap to ground with a 1k ohm resistor inline at C1 pin 11 or at pin 9 of the gray connector? Or does this wire need be cut and grounded?

vzar47a

Reaction score
22 Tradesman 2500, no hood switch...So, can I just T-Tap or Posi-Tap to ground with a 1k ohm resistor inline at C1 pin 11 or at pin 9 of the gray connector? Or does this wire need be cut and grounded?
Just connect the wire to ground, no need to remove it from the connector.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread