Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting this done today after postponing the last date. Anything special I should look for when I get the truck back?

Make sure they have the wiring adapter correctly routed and tied up. It's detailed in the dealer service letter.

Also make sure the brackets for the PS lines are attached, one of mine was left off and the nut gone missing.

Work order said they added coolant but mine was low. appears they took off the upper rad hose. My truck has the dual alts and steering overlay.

Elkmeat

Reaction score
Im glad I found this thread. I’ve posted on some other forums hoping to get some recommendations for what Denver area dealership to have perform the Y78 recall. I’ve got a 20’ 3500 HO/Aisin that I picked up about a month ago. Comparing my truck next to an identical model year HO, my cp4 definitely is noisier and has a varying rhythm that the other truck doesn’t exhibit. I’d like to at least start the process of getting it scheduled, but I’m worried about finding a dealer and tech that is going to do nice job on the swap. The varying results from people who have had the recall done and the quality of the work was either good or bad, makes me a little hesitant. I’ve also seen some people that have noticed an improvement afterwards so, I’d like to give myself the best chance I can to get the job done right. Has anyone around Denver had the Y78 recall done, where? What was your experience with the dealership, quality of work, and what did you notice about driving with the new pump, if anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Over the last few days I’ve called 5 different Dealers in the Denver area, everyone has a slightly different, but similar story…. One said they only get allocated one pump kit per 7 days, another said one kit every 14 days, and both said if that stays the same, it would be about a year until they can get mine in and taken care of…. Sheesh. That’s all pretty disappointing to hear. With every dealer in the area is telling me 4-5-10-12 months, I’m wondering if I should broaden my area a little bit and maybe find a shop with less backlog perhaps? I’m just in the dark with who’s word to trust around here, and who to trust with the truck as well.. any advice?

[mod: removed self-quote - it's hard for anyone to reply to that]

Last edited by a moderator:

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
My 19s getting swapped right now! Dropped it off at 9:30, said should be g2g around 4. I'm so stoked! This all kicked off a month after I signed. TY @RamCares for doing this for us! Makes all the times that us Mopar kids got crap in HS worth while. Enjoy your CP4 competing brands..

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 19s getting swapped right now! Dropped it off at 9:30, said should be g2g around 4. I'm so stoked! This all kicked off a month after I signed. TY @RamCares for doing this for us! Makes all the times that us Mopar kids got crap in HS worth while. Enjoy your CP4 competing brands..
Ramcares did not do anything

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ramcares did not do anything

I disagree.

They took many complaints from threads on this site and others and helped bring attention to them which contributed to a resolution. They also tried to keep us appraised of progress up until it became an "investigation" by the NHTSA. In case everyone forgot, they leaked that there was a "service action" in the works long before it came to that.

@RamCares I for one, appreciate what was done, regardless of the effort.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Im glad I found this thread. I’ve posted on some other forums hoping to get some recommendations for what Denver area dealership to have perform the Y78 recall. I’ve got a 20’ 3500 HO/Aisin that I picked up about a month ago. Comparing my truck next to an identical model year HO, my cp4 definitely is noisier and has a varying rhythm that the other truck doesn’t exhibit. I’d like to at least start the process of getting it scheduled, but I’m worried about finding a dealer and tech that is going to do nice job on the swap. The varying results from people who have had the recall done and the quality of the work was either good or bad, makes me a little hesitant. I’ve also seen some people that have noticed an improvement afterwards so, I’d like to give myself the best chance I can to get the job done right. Has anyone around Denver had the Y78 recall done, where? What was your experience with the dealership, quality of work, and what did you notice about driving with the new pump, if anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Over the last few days I’ve called 5 different Dealers in the Denver area, everyone has a slightly different, but similar story…. One said they only get allocated one pump kit per 7 days, another said one kit every 14 days, and both said if that stays the same, it would be about a year until they can get mine in and taken care of…. Sheesh. That’s all pretty disappointing to hear. With every dealer in the area is telling me 4-5-10-12 months, I’m wondering if I should broaden my area a little bit and maybe find a shop with less backlog perhaps? I’m just in the dark with who’s word to trust around here, and who to trust with the truck as well.. any advice?

AN Arapahoe did mine but I was also #3 in line to order/inspect back on May 11 (#2 completed there) and bought my truck from them.

flan

Reaction score
They completed mine today. Due to schedule I couldn’t grab it, but will tomorrow am. I scheduled it on dec 3rd so not horrible turnaround with holidays, etc.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I disagree.

They took many complaints from threads on this site and others and helped bring attention to them which contributed to a resolution. They also tried to keep us appraised of progress up until it became an "investigation" by the NHTSA. In case everyone forgot, they leaked that there was a "service action" in the works long before it came to that.

@RamCares I for one, appreciate what was done, regardless of the effort.
Hello Brutal_HO,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. We are sorry to hear about this experience you're encountering with your vehicle. We are currently working with our suppliers on getting more parts due to shortages. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Should you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares

flan

Reaction score
Hello Brutal_HO,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. We are sorry to hear about this experience you're encountering with your vehicle. We are currently working with our suppliers on getting more parts due to shortages. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Should you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares
That inspires confidence.

crawlex

Reaction score

I am in Denver and got my swap done at Christipher’s Dodge in Golden which is where I bought the truck. I posted pics of the work many pages back.

At the time the dealer had a list you could get on but this situation always seems to be changing so who knows how they do it now.

Regardless I think they did good work. They got the wiring harness right the first time ect. I believe the tech that worked on my truck was a good tech. But it might be luck of the draw.

It has been about 6 months and no issues. I don’t think about it, truck drives the same. I do not have an HO though.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Stopped by my dealership today while coming back from hauling a load of calves to market. I stood at the counter for a few without a soul around and in wander’s the owner so I jumped him. Well not literally but I voiced my displeasure over not hearing back from my December 20th call. After some chitchat and the mandatory 1 pump per dealer per year he goes back into the bowels and then returns to tell me they ordered a pump and it’s been on the shelf since last year. He says come and getter done when it works for you. I thanked him probably 4 times and almost did a heel click on the way out. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread