Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Lawdog3500

Reaction score
I just received another recall letter telling me to get it done. Yeah, right. Still waiting for my dealer to get me in. Interestingly, when I called the "FCA Recall Assistance Center," their automated message said parts are not yet available for the 2019. Weird. TIme to pester the dealer again. Merry Christmas all.

Johnco

Reaction score
Just got the same letter, called the service manager at my dealership (McPeek in Anaheim) and they scheduled me for an install 7 days later. I have been bugging them on a regular basis for several months and recently had to have the low pressure pump in the fuel tank replaced when it stopped registering fuel level (the pump and sending unit are all in one piece). I made the request again when that happened and the service manager said he would put me on the list for the recall. To my surprise I got a call back and was told the part would be in on Saturday and they could take care of the install on Monday (today). Went off without a hitch along with the tailgate recall and I was out of there by 2:00 the same day. My 19 had all the recalls and flashes performed and that seemed to make no difference to having the install done. Truck runs great and I'm happy not to have to worry every trip I take (even though the incidence rate is relatively low). Will say the re-routing of the power steering lines leaves a bit of mess to attend to but a small price to pay for the peace of mind running a CP3 brings. My old 2007 went 356,000 miles without a hitch and I'd still be driving it if it hadn't been take out by a distracted driver. Point of this post is that parts are out there and software issues were not apparent with my experience.
Hope is out there...

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
So my regular dealer in my city has been giving me the runaround or at least that's what I think. They are polite about it at least . I stress to them I just want a date. Give me a date or anticipation date on when we can get this installed. The fact that they won't makes me feel like I'm really not on the "the list". If I was on "the list" one would think you could easily figure out, based on parts, when you could get me in. So I called a smaller dealer outside of the city. Explained it all to this guy. He says "Hold on one second". Come back on and tells me to bring it in early Friday to get my Y78 recall done. Get this.....guy says they can do it in 4 to 5 hours. I don't know what to think. I'm in disbelief. I even made sure with the guy. "You sure man...the cp4 ...4 hours???? .He says he is positive. What should I do? I'm almost reluctant to take it since I feel there is no way 4 hours could be completed and maybe this guy is confused. What would y'all do?

flan

Reaction score
Others have reported that to be about right. In and out in less than a day for a tech who’s done a few is no big deal.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So my regular dealer in my city has been giving me the runaround or at least that's what I think. They are polite about it at least . I stress to them I just want a date. Give me a date or anticipation date on when we can get this installed. The fact that they won't makes me feel like I'm really not on the "the list". If I was on "the list" one would think you could easily figure out, based on parts, when you could get me in. So I called a smaller dealer outside of the city. Explained it all to this guy. He says "Hold on one second". Come back on and tells me to bring it in early Friday to get my Y78 recall done. Get this.....guy says they can do it in 4 to 5 hours. I don't know what to think. I'm in disbelief. I even made sure with the guy. "You sure man...the cp4 ...4 hours???? .He says he is positive. What should I do? I'm almost reluctant to take it since I feel there is no way 4 hours could be completed and maybe this guy is confused. What would y'all do?
Book time is 4hrs not bad to do

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Soo called up my local dealership and talked to the old gal at the front desk. She told me the service desk monkeys were on the phone and they were running full boar because of the -35C weaether. She said that there was no way they could squeeze me in right away and then Christmas was a commin. I said lady I’ve been waiting for 10 months I’m obviously not in a rush. I told her I just wanted to talk to the monkey desk and try to find out what the dealeo was. So a couple hours later the (green) fairly clueless dude calls back and says shouldn’t be a big deal and by the way there’s a 4th recall also. I say great but don’t really care if I have to duct tape my tailgate shut I want the pump! He says I will go straight over to parts (literally 4’away) and get the ball a rolling and call ya back with a date. All afternoon all I got from my phone was crickets. :rolleyes:

jbncccb

Reaction score
Picked my 2019 up today. Dealer had it one full day. Even sent a video with the truck running with technician commenting on work performed. CP3 installed and new column shifter installed per the TSB. Merry Christmas to me. Good luck guys. First drive seemed normal to me. They even washed it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Bocephus

Reaction score
Is
Picked my 2019 up today. Dealer had it one full day. Even sent a video with the truck running with technician commenting on work performed. CP3 installed and new column shifter installed per the TSB. Merry Christmas to me. Good luck guys. First drive seemed normal to me. They even washed it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Is your truck stock or tuned and Canada or usa?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Getting this done today after postponing the last date. Anything special I should look for when I get the truck back?
Many reported oil leaks around the HPFP area, I think I recall reading about a fuel leak too... just check under the hood make sure everything is tight and alright

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Power steering leaks, oil leak, fuel leak are the big 3 to check for the rest should be good

Users who are viewing this thread