Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RAM Owner PDI Checklist and FAQ

arx237

Reaction score
My apologies for going off topic thought it was art of the check list
Yes its included in the checklist but there are a couple dedicated threads on the ole tire pressure topic that may yield better results for you than rehashing them here.

Last edited:

arx237

Reaction score
Anyone know if the front license plate bracket is included with all trucks? My EL has it listed as delete so I am unsure if I should expect it placed in the vehicle.

Are mudflaps typically installed on all DRW's? Or is that a state specific requirement?

Where is the def level indicated?

Last edited:

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Yes its included in the checklist but there are a couple dedicated threads on the ole tire pressure topic that may yield better results for you than rehashing them here.

Thank you appreciated

snlsmith

Reaction score
Anyone know if the front license plate bracket is included with all trucks? My EL has it listed as delete so I am unsure if I should expect it placed in the vehicle.

Are mudflaps typically installed on all DRW's? Or is that a state specific requirement?

Where is the def level indicated?
I think the mud flaps are per state, as some states require them (TX being one, so dealer installed them).

There is a gauge on the bottom-left are of the dash that shows DEF level

arx237

Reaction score
Updated a few things on the checklist/guide.

1. Are there any Power Wagon specific things or items that it would be helpful to know?
2. New diesel owners things that would be helpful to know?

snlsmith

Reaction score
This may be trim level dependent and don't recall it on the list, but my truck had the electric pedal adjustment.

Again maybe trim dependent, mine has the exhaust brake adjustment that could use to be checked to make the it can be adjusted.

arx237

Reaction score
This may be trim level dependent and don't recall it on the list, but my truck had the electric pedal adjustment.

Again maybe trim dependent, mine has the exhaust brake adjustment that could use to be checked to make the it can be adjusted.
Thanks

Pedal adjust is already there and I will add exh brake.

G’Dave

Reaction score
?

I have a truck ordered through MD in Louisiana. This is a “no front license plate” state.
The front plate is automatically deleted unless you tell the dealer that you want it.

I have to get one for Missouri. They are free when ordering, but the dealer will charge you for it (about $30 in my case) if not “ordered” with the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arx237

Reaction score
I have a truck ordered through MD in Louisiana. This is a “no front license plate” state.
The front plate is automatically deleted unless you tell the dealer that you want it.

I have to get one for Missouri. They are free when ordering, but the dealer will charge you for it (about $30 in my case) if not “ordered” with the truck

Thank you for clarifying

mcarey

Reaction score
Updated a few things on the checklist/guide.

1. Are there any Power Wagon specific things or items that it would be helpful to know?
Winch set up, and that you have the controller, would be the only PW specific things I can think of. Unless you want to test locker functionality as well.

arx237

Reaction score
Winch set up, and that you have the controller, would be the only PW specific things I can think of. Unless you want to test locker functionality as well.
thanks will update. do you have a part number for controller by chance?

gator6

Reaction score

Don’t those still have electric sway bar disconnect?

mcarey

Reaction score
Don’t those still have electric sway bar disconnect?

Yep, could probably go about trying to see if that too works if one sees fit.

arx237

Reaction score
Added. If its like my Rubicon its really easy to check.

RLMandich

Reaction score
Something to check if you have the 5th wheel prep:

I found the mount points on the frame were not centered in the holes of the bed. Basically, the bed needs to move about a 1/2 inch forward on the frame rails. It should be a fairly simple process to loosen the 8 bolts underneath, then muscle the bed into a better position, then retighten everything. I'm letting the dealer take care of it next week.

Attachments

• Puck alignment.jpg
    Puck alignment.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

arx237

Reaction score
Something to check if you have the 5th wheel prep:

I found the mount points on the frame were not centered in the holes of the bed. Basically, the bed needs to move about a 1/2 inch forward on the frame rails. It should be a fairly simple process to loosen the 8 bolts underneath, then muscle the bed into a better position, then retighten everything. I'm letting the dealer take care of it next week.
I will add that thanks

Is your bed currently misaligned with the cab too?

RLMandich

Reaction score
I will add that thanks

Is your bed currently misaligned with the cab too?
Bed vs cab is mainly the forward/back axis that needs to adjust. Also looks a little bit to the left.

This is also seen at the gap between the bed and cab. The rubber piece has some space on the left side that probably shouldn’t be there.

Attachments

• 0F9607CB-E2CE-402F-8F76-FBD581D1CBBD.jpeg
    0F9607CB-E2CE-402F-8F76-FBD581D1CBBD.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 59495B74-D0DB-4810-B291-A98933D8475E.jpeg
    59495B74-D0DB-4810-B291-A98933D8475E.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 1A4EF618-EB18-497B-8785-B71CE1BAAFB0.jpeg
    1A4EF618-EB18-497B-8785-B71CE1BAAFB0.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0210C317-6A3D-4928-8156-FE81CE07786E.jpeg
    0210C317-6A3D-4928-8156-FE81CE07786E.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 35

arx237

Reaction score
Bed vs cab is mainly the forward/back axis that needs to adjust. Also looks a little bit to the left.

This is also seen at the gap between the bed and cab. The rubber piece has some space on the left side that probably shouldn’t be there.
Awesome, all good to know info thanks!

gator6

Reaction score

I need to inspect this, buddy has a lift if it’s an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread