Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
That's just another CJDR dealer like Granger.
I did look at Chrysler direct and they were MORE than Granger and Ziegler was MORE than Chrysler direct.... im starting to really look at if it is worth buying CONCURRENT coverage , or wait til the 1st 3 years is almost over..... guess I have a lot of debating and more research to do. I just don't like the idea of paying for 8 years and only really getting 5 years plus the mileage....

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
To clarify, the deductible is applied per event so if you bring it in for 3 different issues at the same time, you will only pay 1 deductible total. If you bring it in 3 days in a row, each time for a new issue, you will pay 3 deductibles.
Ouch..... that sounds HORRIBLE

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Point of reference on the price increases. I got the 8yr/100k $200 ded for $1930 thru Zeigler in Dec ‘21. This was in TX using the PAYINFULL coupon. Just checked and that same plan is now $2165. A 12% increase 15 months later.
Yes ... Ziegler told me $2165 bottom line when he quoted me.

jebruns

Reaction score
I did look at Chrysler direct and they were MORE than Granger and Ziegler was MORE than Chrysler direct.... im starting to really look at if it is worth buying CONCURRENT coverage , or wait til the 1st 3 years is almost over..... guess I have a lot of debating and more research to do. I just don't like the idea of paying for 8 years and only really getting 5 years plus the mileage....
This must be your first extended warranty on a vehicle. That's just the way it works. Even if you buy the same policy when the truck is 3 years old, it will be called an 8 year plan that starts on the day the truck went into service. I don't know, maybe some of the aftermarket ones would actually call it a 5 year policy at that point, but MaxCare won't.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Actually, you're paying for 5 and get 8 years of coverage.

It's just that the the 3/36 bumper to bumper covers first, then 5/100 powertain for diesel covers that part, the extended covers anything not covered by those 2 for the full 8 years. I believe there are some extra spiffs during the 3/36 like loaners and/or rentals for extended repairs.

Drew M

Reaction score
Point of reference on the price increases. I got the 8yr/100k $200 ded for $1930 thru Zeigler in Dec ‘21. This was in TX using the PAYINFULL coupon. Just checked and that same plan is now $2165. A 12% increase 15 months later.
Yeah, but unfortunately it is what it is. It's nothing more than an insurance policy. I can stomach a $200 repair bill better than I can a $2000-$5000 one.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Yeah, but unfortunately it is what it is. It's nothing more than an insurance policy. I can stomach a $200 repair bill better than I can a $2000-$5000 one.
I'm looking at a 6 month wait which means probably another increase in between the wait. One of the warranty salesman said the price goes up twice a year.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Question for those in the know. I am I correct is assuming that the site Jeepfactorywarranty sells the mopar warranty and not a 3rd party?

jebruns

Reaction score
Question for those in the know. I am I correct is assuming that the site Jeepfactorywarranty sells the mopar warranty and not a 3rd party?
It sure appears so. Ask to see a copy of the coverage plan if you are in doubt.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 1500, and it comes, paid by the dealer, lifetime power train warranty, which requires recommended PM’s to be performed. But I requested a MAXCARE plan good for 75K miles. So I’m covered to 104K miles (don’t remember time line). So the 3rd party warranty doesn’t start until the time expires, doubt it’ll expire by mileage. Purchased from a Ram dealer, someone installed air assist springs, they weren’t aware of when they sold it me, more than likely, I doubt it’ll affect my engine transmission and electronics side of the warranty.

mountainears

Reaction score
Stellantis extended warranty runs from the date of in service. For example I took delivery on June 2022 with an 8 year / 85k mile warranty. It expires I. June 2030 at 85k miles. You can verify your warranty online, a screenshot of mine is below.

If you think it runs sequentially you should probably go to the website and double check.

8a457cf3525044949b452ffe949bb914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatboy64

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with buying a maximum care warranty from jeepfactortwarranty.com?
are they ligit

jebruns

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 1500, and it comes, paid by the dealer, lifetime power train warranty, which requires recommended PM’s to be performed. But I requested a MAXCARE plan good for 75K miles. So I’m covered to 104K miles (don’t remember time line). So the 3rd party warranty doesn’t start until the time expires, doubt it’ll expire by mileage. Purchased from a Ram dealer, someone installed air assist springs, they weren’t aware of when they sold it me, more than likely, I doubt it’ll affect my engine transmission and electronics side of the warranty.
Yep, as Mountainears says, you need to check on this. Most likely, the Maxcare only covers you to 75K, not 104K.

And those dealership "lifetime" warranties only add up if you were going to have your service work done at that dealer anyway. I do all my own maintenance, so I've walked away from a couple of those over the years. It would very likely cost me far more than it would pay back, and is probably full of loopholes anyway.

Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
I was quoted $2430.00 for a 5 year 125k 200 deductible maximum care for a 3500…..is that a good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread