Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Anyone pickup a MOPAR warranty for their truck?

I have the Lifetime Warranty on the 1500 which will have to be cancelled.
Seeing as how it isn't a 'lifetime warranty' any longer, I really can't see getting this 'warranty' that overlaps the factory warranty...

Nordic28

Reaction score
I plan on buying the factory extended max care ($200 deductible) warranty to 5 years/ 85k as that will cover me for my ownership duration. I found it for $1,390 on jeepfactorywarranty.com and sometimes they offer $200 off that price. Just waiting for the special. That way the entire truck is covered. Lots of electronics on these!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I plan on buying the factory extended max care ($200 deductible) warranty to 5 years/ 85k as that will cover me for my ownership duration. I found it for $1,390 on jeepfactorywarranty.com and sometimes they offer $200 off that price. Just waiting for the special. That way the entire truck is covered. Lots of electronics on these!

But I believe that time/mileage runs concurrent with the basic factory warranty (3/36) so really you are paying for 2yrs 49K miles.

Nordic28

Reaction score
Correct. I bet that's why the coverage doesn't cost that much

Ramman

Reaction score
Anyone pickup a MOPAR warranty for their truck?

I have the Lifetime Warranty on the 1500 which will have to be cancelled.
Seeing as how it isn't a 'lifetime warranty' any longer, I really can't see getting this 'warranty' that overlaps the factory warranty...
I considered the warranty after I was out of the dealership of course. But I managed to pull a copy of the fine print online. It would appear that if you use your 2500 or 3500+ for anything that the truck is meant to be used for, the warranty wouldn't do you any good. I could be 100% wrong, but the fine print was so specific that normal wear and tear you would expect on a 2500+ seemed to be excluded, so I passed on it.

Like I said, I could be wrong. But I have had bad experiences with any extended warranty from multiple companies at this point in my life. Rather it be campers, boats, or vehicles. It just feels like its a headache that always comes down to who can prove what. My opinion has been firmly cemented these days that those companies wouldn't offer most of them unless they could easily get out of them. Factory warranty issues on prior vehicles have already been a pain.

I'd rather put aside $50 a month for future repairs and never worry about it myself, but if anyone has any other experiences with Mopar extended warranties I'd love to hear about it!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
This is straight from the plan on my 1500...

It seems to me that you can use the truck as it is meant to be used.

NOT ELIGIBLE: The following are not eligible for any Vehicle Protection Plan: Vehicles registered outside of the United States,
Guam and Puerto Rico; motor homes; taxis (including vehicles used to transport passengers in return for payment, i.e. Uber, Lyft);
vehicles converted from two to four-wheel drive; vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe
off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity; vehicles with a
gross weight (G.V.W.) of over 14,000 pounds; vehicles equipped with NorthStar engines; vehicles where the manufacturer warranty
has been voided or restricted by the manufacturer; vehicles that have been declared to be a total loss by any insurance company, are
rebuilt after being declared a total loss, or are issued a title indicating that the vehicle is designated as ‘salvage’, ‘junk’, ‘rebuilt’or
words of similar impact

The following are not eligible for this Vehicle Protection Plan: Limousines; emergency vehicles (ambulance, fire, police pursuit; police
patrol); vehicles used for security patrol; right-hand drive vehicles; vehicles used for postal service; vehicles used for dump truck;
vehicles used for tow service (i.e. tow truck); vehicles equipped with a diesel engine (except vehicles manufactured by FCA US LLC,
Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Volkswagen); vehicles that operate on other than gasoline or diesel fuel systems (i.e.
natural gas, electric); vehicles equipped with engines greater than 8 cylinders; vehicles used for commercial use*; ALL cab and
chassis vehicles; vehicles ordered with box delete option or where the box has been removed; vehicles with dual rear wheels. The
following vehicles are excluded and not covered under the tire and wheel replacement coverage: fleet and commercial vehicles.

*Commercial use includes but not limited to: Delivery, service or repair work, landscaping and grounds maintenance, shuttle service,
snow removal.

Ramman

Reaction score
This is straight from the plan on my 1500...

It seems to me that you can use the truck as it is meant to be used.

NOT ELIGIBLE: The following are not eligible for any Vehicle Protection Plan: Vehicles registered outside of the United States,
Guam and Puerto Rico; motor homes; taxis (including vehicles used to transport passengers in return for payment, i.e. Uber, Lyft);
vehicles converted from two to four-wheel drive; vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe
off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity; vehicles with a
gross weight (G.V.W.) of over 14,000 pounds; vehicles equipped with NorthStar engines; vehicles where the manufacturer warranty
has been voided or restricted by the manufacturer; vehicles that have been declared to be a total loss by any insurance company, are
rebuilt after being declared a total loss, or are issued a title indicating that the vehicle is designated as ‘salvage’, ‘junk’, ‘rebuilt’or
words of similar impact

The following are not eligible for this Vehicle Protection Plan: Limousines; emergency vehicles (ambulance, fire, police pursuit; police
patrol); vehicles used for security patrol; right-hand drive vehicles; vehicles used for postal service; vehicles used for dump truck;
vehicles used for tow service (i.e. tow truck); vehicles equipped with a diesel engine (except vehicles manufactured by FCA US LLC,
Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Volkswagen); vehicles that operate on other than gasoline or diesel fuel systems (i.e.
natural gas, electric); vehicles equipped with engines greater than 8 cylinders; vehicles used for commercial use*; ALL cab and
chassis vehicles; vehicles ordered with box delete option or where the box has been removed; vehicles with dual rear wheels. The
following vehicles are excluded and not covered under the tire and wheel replacement coverage: fleet and commercial vehicles.

*Commercial use includes but not limited to: Delivery, service or repair work, landscaping and grounds maintenance, shuttle service,
snow removal.

"vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe
off-road use"

These were the two items in the fine print that worried me. "vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications" That is a very broad statement for a reason, it's an umbrella term used to deny coverage. Something as little as getting a wider tire could and has before been argued as a deviation from the original manufacture's specifications causing undue stress on major components, leading to the failure in question. "Severe off-road use" is another, everyone's definition is different, but If I work in the construction industry and regularly travel down dirt/muddy roads, is that considered severe?

Those are just an example of some of the things I read that scared me away.

The only reason I say that, is because I've had prior experiences (Not with a MOPAR warranty) but with another company, where an aftermarket cold air intake was the reason my hub was shot *roll eyes*

Maybe I am getting old, and very skeptical, but I would love to hear from anyone who has succesfully used the extended warranty, because honestly it does still interest me. But I've already had a level kit, larger tires, new wheels, and minor trimming done. So I'm guessing I would already be excluded.

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The warranty is through FCA, not some third party so a bit more legit.

FWIW.... now, if the stuff you added damages a warrantied part, then you are out of luck... extended warranty or not.

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part.” The alert outlines key provisions in the law that provides protections to car owners. As defined by the FTC, an “aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer.”

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Won't apply to me but no dual rear wheels?

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Never had trouble with my Jeep warranty and it saw a lot of off roading and highly modified from front to back.

Nordic28

Reaction score
I think it depends largely on the dealership. I've had the dealer do the mods on my past rigs (such as 6" lift) and they warranty things no problem. Also it helps to be friendly and understanding towards your favorite service advisor and they will bend over backwards for you as most people come into the service department pissed. My wife has even given our advisor a gift certificate towards lunch. There's usually a 3-4 week waiting period to get an appointment at our local dealer, yet amazingly we get right in. People don't understand it really helps to grease the wheels, and don't have a sense of entitlement.

Isonn

Reaction score
I have a 2019 4wd with about 12,500 miles on it ( I bought it with cash advice online) - had it since new and plan on keeping the truck for as long as I possibly can. It sounds like purchasing the Max Care warranty is a good idea, and I know forum members recommend calling a specific sales guy to get the best pricing... I do have a few questions before making the call though.

Does the 8 year plan start on the date I buy the plan, or is it 8 years from when the truck was new?

Am I correct in assuming this plan does not cover the emissions systems?

Is there some sort of refund at the end of the warranty term if the warranty was not used?

Any other pros/cons about purchasing the warranty? Stuff I need to be aware of or look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 80

All extended warranties that I have ever seen, or sold, begin on the date of initial warranty registration, i.e. when the truck is first sold. They are concurrent. As far as exclusions, as pointed out, it is best to get a copy and read it for yourself.

Squatch

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t trust the guy selling it to you, they either don’t know or don’t care to take the time to explain everything, and if the day comes that you find out that you were mislead or ill-informed good luck getting reimbursed based on your word and theirs. Read it in its entirety.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t trust the guy selling it to you, they either don’t know or don’t care to take the time to explain everything, and if the day comes that you find out that you were mislead or ill-informed good luck getting reimbursed based on your word and theirs. Read it in its entirety.
I disagree. Every time have inquired about or purchased a MaxCare the "guy selling it" was very knowledgable and helpful. After all, that's their job. You can also go on the web or to some of the internet MaxCare selling sights and you can pull up the MaxCare options, prices and terms and decide what you want before you call the "guy selling it".

As far as your comment " if the day comes that you find out that you were mislead or ill-informed", you get a copy of what you purchased and you can cancel it or change it anytime.

I don't know what experience you've had with purchasing a MaxCare or where you get your bad info. If you say you've neem there done that I would say it's your own fault.

Squatch

Reaction score
I disagree. Every time have inquired about or purchased a MaxCare the "guy selling it" was very knowledgable and helpful. After all, that's their job. You can also go on the web or to some of the internet MaxCare selling sights and you can pull up the MaxCare options, prices and terms and decide what you want before you call the "guy selling it".

As far as your comment " if the day comes that you find out that you were mislead or ill-informed", you get a copy of what you purchased and you can cancel it or change it anytime.

I don't know what experience you've had with purchasing a MaxCare or where you get your bad info. If you say you've neem there done that I would say it's your own fault.
That’s my point exactly, always read before you buy and sign, because if you don’t it is your fault. Just because you’ve had good experiences with trustworthy people doesn’t mean everyone else well. I’m glad it has worked well for you so far.

Wondermutt

Reaction score
I have a 2019 4wd with about 12,500 miles on it - had it since new and plan on keeping the truck for as long as I possibly can. It sounds like purchasing the Max Care warranty is a good idea, and I know forum members recommend calling a specific sales guy to get the best pricing... I do have a few questions before making the call though.

Does the 8 year plan start on the date I buy the plan, or is it 8 years from when the truck was new?

Am I correct in assuming this plan does not cover the emissions systems?

Is there some sort of refund at the end of the warranty term if the warranty was not used?

Any other pros/cons about purchasing the warranty? Stuff I need to be aware of or look out for?

Thanks in advance.
I used Chryslerfactoryplans.com. It starts on the day you purchase the truck and runs concurrently with factory warranty.
It showed up on my account on Mopar.com less than two weeks later.
I believe it covers some but not all of the emissions system.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The MOPAR plan is good.. the fact that it runs concurrently sucks donkey balls... I didn't bother with the the 2500 , but I did get the Lifetime for the 1500 (which was pro-rated when I traded it back in)

Users who are viewing this thread