Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

mountainears

Reaction score
So are you saying I should wait till the 3yrs is almost over?

Some folks do that. I’m not certain but I do believe the price changes as time goes on, mileage increases. And while it runs concurrently I also believe it adds things that the standard warranty does not have. Again, not positive.

When I bought mine I gave the local dealer a chance to get close to the internet price, they did so I just bought from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So are you saying I should wait till the 3yrs is almost over?
It doesn't matter... the MOPAR warranty starts the day you 'buy' the truck...
It doesn't start after the Basic Warranty, it runs concurrently.

In the example above, the 7years/85,000 is actually 4yrs/49K miles because *both* are running at the same time.

mountainears

Reaction score
It does matter. The price changes depending on age and mileage. I just can’t remember if that favors the buyer or the seller :)

Razzman

Reaction score
Bought the 8/85 MaxCare Plus from Granger last month for $1,670.00 and it was considerably less than Zeigler. Best deal I could find anywhere, local dealer wanted $4,200.00 for the same; uh no.

mountainears

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. What deductible level are you at for that 8 year?

mountainears

Reaction score
I have the $100 but paid $2300. Guessing it still would have been cheaper at grainger but possibly not a huge diff.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Another option to purchase (look at) to compare to Ziegler and Granger is Chrysler Warranty Direct. Usually in past cheaper than Ziegler on most plans. Never heard of Granger until this thread, so they may be competitive with them also. Just do your research and compare. Most local dealer will not match the above dealer cost pricing or below.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Bought the 8/85 MaxCare Plus from Granger last month for $1,670.00 and it was considerably less than Zeigler. Best deal I could find anywhere, local dealer wanted $4,200.00 for the same; uh no.
Is granger factory backed as well? That does sound like a good deal. What is the contact information for this granger one?

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Te
Is granger factory backed as well? That does sound like a good deal. What is the contact information for this granger one?
Technically I think I have to wait till my truck gets in so I know the vin# before I can contact any of them . I tried the site but it asks for the vin# and mileage.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Maximum Care 8 Years / 125,000 Miles
$200 Deductible
Pay in Full: $3,185.00
Finance for $108.00 / month. This is that Mopar Chrysler site you sent. How did you find that other price?

Tater86

Reaction score
Maximum Care 8 Years / 125,000 Miles
$200 Deductible
Pay in Full: $3,185.00
Finance for $108.00 / month. This is that Mopar Chrysler site you sent. How did you find that other price?
Check out this thread below. Granger is a dealership that offers Mopar plans $50 above cost.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
okay the quote i got today from chrysler Warranty direct today is the 100k mile/ 8 yr, max care with the 100 deductable for $2640.00. He says that Corporate Chrysler increases pricing about 2x's per year due to inflation. does that sound right to any of you? I tried getting on the granger and the Ziegler sites but that was proven to be more difficult to get a quote to me.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
FIGURE
okay the quote i got today from chrysler Warranty direct today is the 100k mile/ 8 yr, max care with the 100 deductable for $2640.00. He says that Corporate Chrysler increases pricing about 2x's per year due to inflation. does that sound right to any of you? I tried getting on the granger and the Ziegler sites but that was proven to be more difficult to get a quote to me.
S... it kept sending me to GRAINGER instead of GRANGER.... i'm an idiot for missing that. i'll look tomorrow.

Drew M

Reaction score
FIGURE

S... it kept sending me to GRAINGER instead of GRANGER.... i'm an idiot for missing that. i'll look tomorrow.
Call their Finance dept. Catelyn is who I worked with. If you don’t get through or need to leave a voice mail, follow up with an email. There is also a Zach from Granger, who posts about $50 over cost.

@JC

Reaction score
You can call but they ask that you send an email to MVP@grangermotors.com to get quotes. You'll likely get a quicker response from Maria via email.

As to the warranty, as long as the plan you buy is Mopar Maximum Care then the warranties are all the same no matter where you purchase, the only real difference you're shopping for is price. That's why you should never pay more for it than the lowest offer available. No matter where you buy it, it will show up in your online Mopar account and be visible tied to your VIN at every dealer in the country.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Another option to purchase (look at) to compare to Ziegler and Granger is Chrysler Warranty Direct. Usually in past cheaper than Ziegler on most plans. Never heard of Granger until this thread, so they may be competitive with them also. Just do your research and compare. Most local dealer will not match the above dealer cost pricing or below.

That's just another CJDR dealer like Granger.

Users who are viewing this thread