Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

dogbreath650

Reaction score
How does Maxcare work if you're traveling and break down where there is not a dealer within a reasonable distance. Are you allowed to get it fixed locally and then apply for reimbursement?

mountainears

Reaction score
What is the direct website, I see a lot of different sites and I’m not going to input any info unless it’s the correct site?

I posted earlier in the thread with a screenshot of mine (showing just the pertinent info).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I knew it was correct, but for the members here that doubted it, the info was from the site linked to. The problem I’m having is deleting the 3500 from the apps I currently have.

phatboy64

Reaction score
How does Maxcare work if you're traveling and break down where there is not a dealer within a reasonable distance. Are you allowed to get it fixed locally and then apply for reimbursement?
That is a great question....

mountainears

Reaction score

The answer is online in their FAQ and might be in the contract, I haven’t looked.

From the faq

Yes, but you or the repair facility must contact Mopar Vehicle Protection at 1-800-521-9922 so we can authorize any repairs before they are started and provide you with an authorization number. When the repairs are complete, please submit a reimbursement request with the following information:
A brief note explaining the reimbursement request
The original paid repair invoice. Please keep a copy for your records

The invoice must include the following information:
Customer name and address
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
The authorization number obtained from our office
Repair date
Vehicle mileage at the time of repair
Description of services performed
Labor and parts cost

You may submit your request for reimbursement by:
Sending an email to MVPWarrantyClaim@fcagroup.com OR
Sending a Fax to 1-833-990-0064

RVTRKN

Reaction score
That’s a bit of a hassle, but at dealer it’s strait forward. Now a third party at a dealer can be a hassle, and you have to wait for an agent to confirm like what happened to my buddy.

@JC

Reaction score
Nice. Sounds like they did some magic there.

No magic, it's most likely a Mopar Vehicle Protection Extended plan not Mopar MaxCare plan. They are similar but the MVPE is for vehicles after the original 3/36 has expired and runs from the date/mileage of purchase (up to a total vehicle age of 12 yrs/160k miles) instead from the in-service date/0 miles.

ColoradoCub

Reaction score
I wouldn’t get so hung up on Maxcare being the only option to consider. You can get the added care plus which covers everything that would be an expensive repair for a lot less money than the MAXCARE. You want financial protection on your vehicle when the warranty expires but you shouldnt want to pay anymore than is really necessary for that protection. How much more coverage do you need than this

Attachments

• IMG_1330.png
    IMG_1330.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1331.png
    IMG_1331.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1332.png
    IMG_1332.png
    987.5 KB · Views: 59

2023GregsRam

Reaction score
I wouldn’t get so hung up on Maxcare being the only option to consider. You can get the added care plus which covers everything that would be an expensive repair for a lot less money than the MAXCARE. You want financial protection on your vehicle when the warranty expires but you shouldnt want to pay anymore than is really necessary for that protection. How much more coverage do you need than this
that all depends on what protection you want/need. I am aware of the different service levels.

Eli77657

Reaction score
Do any of these warranties cover the DPF or any of the diesel things that break (or are known to be expensive to fix)

mountainears

Reaction score
My MaxCare warranty shows what is explicitly covered. You can likely assume that if it doesn’t show here then it is not covered. Will let you read for yourself.

Before you buy any you should read it.

6c1449c12db6c79b3cd0006549a67451.png

3c7c1d95b2e57c51cdef77af44a331ec.png

MinimeJer05

Reaction score
Does such a thing exist where you can add a warranty after-the-fact? I bought my truck brand new, but I think the dealer sold me a third-party warranty? I looked on the Mopar link and couldn't find my truck...

Alligator John

Reaction score
Currently who is the go to online for the best price on the mopar warranty for the best price? Zeigler? I am going to add the full maxcare warranty on my power wagon and the wife's new cherokee both this month.

I know... sorry, I could have searched it, but the thread is 24 pages long. TIA

Users who are viewing this thread