Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
You can call but they ask that you send an email to MVP@grangermotors.com to get quotes. You'll likely get a quicker response from Maria via email.

As to the warranty, as long as the plan you buy is Mopar Maximum Care then the warranties are all the same no matter where you purchase, the only real difference you're shopping for is price. That's why you should never pay more for it than the lowest offer available. No matter where you buy it, it will show up in your online Mopar account and be visible tied to your VIN at every dealer in the country.
okay i sent and e-mail for a quote to that e-mail MVP@grangermotors.com. Hopefully they send me a reply tomorrow. thanks. all i have to do now is get the Ziegler quote. (Chrysler Direct quoted me at $2640.00 (100k mile/8 year/ max care/ $100 deductable). i will see if either of the other 2 can beat that. Thanks.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
okay i sent and e-mail for a quote to that e-mail MVP@grangermotors.com. Hopefully they send me a reply tomorrow. thanks. all i have to do now is get the Ziegler quote. (Chrysler Direct quoted me at $2640.00 (100k mile/8 year/ max care/ $100 deductable). i will see if either of the other 2 can beat that. Thanks.
but i can't get my VIN# until the truck comes in so not sure how to tie it to that until i actually drive the truck home. Maybe I should wait till i buy the truck and drive it home before trying to get a quote?

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
That's just another CJDR dealer like Granger.
yes... chrysler warranty direct is the one i got a quote from it was for 100k mile 8 yr, max care with the 100 deductable for $2640. but the truck is going to take about 6 months to get here, (according to the dealer) and that guy said Corporate Chrysler increases pricing about 2x's per year due to inflation.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
he told me that Maximum Care is an extension of the original 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty and covers over 5000 parts on the vehicle. The only parts and labor NOT covered by Maximum Care are: Glass, plastic lenses, and light bulbs The body and paint items, including soft trim Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches Catalytic converter (this is only covered by the emissions warranty) Normal wear items such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, and wipers Battery Hybrid components Beyond that, everything mechanical and electrical on the vehicle is fully covered.
This all sounds reasonable to me, so i will probably go with this one, but if i can get a better price for the same max care 100k mile / 8 year/ 100 deductable/, from either Granger or Ziegler, then i will go with that one. (I just hope the price quote holds up until my truck finally arrives).

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I plan on buying the factory extended max care ($200 deductible) warranty to 5 years/ 85k as that will cover me for my ownership duration. I found it for $1,390 on jeepfactorywarranty.com and sometimes they offer $200 off that price. Just waiting for the special. That way the entire truck is covered. Lots of electronics on these!
i plan on getting the max care 8 year/100k mile coverage/ 200 deductable/ for $2640.00. that is the quote from Chrysler warranty direct , but i am waiting to see if Granger or Ziegler can beat that price for the same max care coverage. the guy told me that Maximum Care is an extension of the original 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty and covers over 5000 parts on the vehicle. The only parts and labor NOT covered by Maximum Care are: Glass, plastic lenses, and light bulbs The body and paint items, including soft trim Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches Catalytic converter (this is only covered by the emissions warranty) Normal wear items such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, and wipers Battery Hybrid components Beyond that, everything mechanical and electrical on the vehicle is fully covered. to me this sounds good, but he also told me that "Corporate Chrysler increases pricing about 2x's per year due to inflation." so i hope the truck gets in before the prices go up again. (he just quoted me today on that price, but my truck is going to take 6 months to arrive according to the dealership).

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
It just does not make economical sense to purchase any extended warranty. For the most part you are betting that there is a good chance that your car will require a repair that will cost in excess of what you put down for the warranty itself, and that is unlikely. If it were likely then the companies wouldn’t sell them because they would lose money. The house always wins as they say. Yes, sometimes you will win out in the equation, but the vast majority would have been better off just putting half the money away for a rainy day. Instead many people pay for these contracts, or worse off finance them and pay way too much for something they don’t need. Any financial advisor would say the same. These plans wouldn’t be sold if they weren’t making money off you, so your best bet is not getting an extended contract.
while i understand what you are saying......... i believe that maxcare will always have great service BECAUSE of all the money they are banking on making with the extended warranty services. That being said, i would rather have piece of mind and be ensured that my EXPENSIVE truck i just invested in will last me as long as possible.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant azz hat asking this question, but im good with it. Doesn't the 3yr bumper to bumper mean (3yrs of coverage from bumper to bumper). Yeah, we all know that tires, wipers, brake pads etc are wearable parts that don't apply to the warranty but all things major are covered, correct. Also to my understanding, ( I know theres disagreement on this portion of coverage), the dpf regen system parts are covered, not including filter and somebody putting the wrong kind of fluid in def or fuel tanks. Basically bar complete stupidity, your covered for the first 3 yrs and what ever mileage wich most don't hit
when i got my extended quote today the guy told me that Maximum Care is an extension of the original 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty and covers over 5000 parts on the vehicle. The only parts and labor NOT covered by Maximum Care are: Glass, plastic lenses, and light bulbs The body and paint items, including soft trim Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches Catalytic converter (this is only covered by the emissions warranty) Normal wear items such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, and wipers Battery Hybrid components Beyond that, everything mechanical and electrical on the vehicle is fully covered. This being said, i would say yes bumper to bumper except those exclusions listed above.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I hate to be the ignorant azz hat asking this question, but im good with it. Doesn't the 3yr bumper to bumper mean (3yrs of coverage from bumper to bumper). Yeah, we all know that tires, wipers, brake pads etc are wearable parts that don't apply to the warranty but all things major are covered, correct. Also to my understanding, ( I know theres disagreement on this portion of coverage), the dpf regen system parts are covered, not including filter and somebody putting the wrong kind of fluid in def or fuel tanks. Basically bar complete stupidity, your covered for the first 3 yrs and what ever mileage wich most don't hit
36k miles is only 12k miles per year. thats lower than the average across the nation, so i think you WILL hit the mileage. (in my humble opinion, offense meant) .

jebruns

Reaction score
i plan on getting the max care 8 year/100k mile coverage/ 200 deductable/ for $2640.00. that is the quote from Chrysler warranty direct , but i am waiting to see if Granger or Ziegler can beat that price for the same max care coverage.
I got that exact coverage for my 22 2500 Ltd Longhorn from Granger last Oct for $2515, FWIW.

the guy told me that Maximum Care is an extension of the original 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty and covers over 5000 parts on the vehicle. The only parts and labor NOT covered by Maximum Care are: Glass, plastic lenses, and light bulbs The body and paint items, including soft trim Snow plows, winches, and trailer hitches Catalytic converter (this is only covered by the emissions warranty) Normal wear items such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, and wipers Battery Hybrid components Beyond that, everything mechanical and electrical on the vehicle is fully covered. to me this sounds good, but he also told me that "Corporate Chrysler increases pricing about 2x's per year due to inflation." so i hope the truck gets in before the prices go up again. (he just quoted me today on that price, but my truck is going to take 6 months to arrive according to the dealership).
Make sure you get a full copy of the coverage contract before paying. There is a lengthy section on exclusions. It is not the same as the 3/36 coverage, as you know. But it does add some nice stuff too. Like 4 or 5 days of rental car when you need to leave your vehicle for service, where there is no coverage for that under the 3/36.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
I got that exact coverage for my 22 2500 Ltd Longhorn from Granger last Oct for $2515, FWIW.

Make sure you get a full copy of the coverage contract before paying. There is a lengthy section on exclusions. It is not the same as the 3/36 coverage, as you know. But it does add some nice stuff too. Like 4 or 5 days of rental car when you need to leave your vehicle for service, where there is no coverage for that under the 3/36.
Yes ... the gentlemen did mention that to me in the chat. Thanks.

@JC

Reaction score
but i can't get my VIN# until the truck comes in so not sure how to tie it to that until i actually drive the truck home. Maybe I should wait till i buy the truck and drive it home before trying to get a quote?
You will not be able to purchase an extended warranty until after you purchase the truck (or during the purchase if you can talk the selling dealer into matching the online quote) even once you do get your VIN. You can get quotes (and use them to negotiate at your selling dealer F&I during close if you want or need to roll the cost into the financing, which I don't recommend) but they may change as STLA does change pricing from time to time (though I've never seen it get cheaper... ;)). The price also goes up at 12k and again at 24k miles as there is a surcharge added to the cost at those mileage points.

If you do chose to purchase MaxCare during your purchase through the local dealer's F&I, make sure you don't let them talk you into more added services or additional cost, more profit is made in F&I than on the dealership floor. You should also know that if you finance MaxCare with the vehicle and sell or trade the vehicle before the policy ends, you will not get the pro-rated refund, it will be sent to your financial institution.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
Wait ... you said that exact coverage for 2500 in October? Maybe the price already went up and hopefully I will be good then.
so it looks like : ( for an 8 year, 100k mile, max care plan, the best price is Granger) i got the quotes sent to me either last night or today. Actually i think granger and ziegler have the same price on the 100 deductable.

rodeoridertaz

Reaction score
i keep looking at the comparisons and the zero deductable is quite a bit more, but not having to pay that everytime you go in..... what do you guys think is best option? zero deductible?, 100 deductible?, 200 deductable?

@JC

Reaction score
To clarify, the deductible is applied per event so if you bring it in for 3 different issues at the same time, you will only pay 1 deductible total. If you bring it in 3 days in a row, each time for a new issue, you will pay 3 deductibles.

Last edited:

Drew M

Reaction score
i keep looking at the comparisons and the zero deductable is quite a bit more, but not having to pay that everytime you go in..... what do you guys think is best option? zero deductible?, 100 deductible?, 200 deductable?
I went with the $200 deductible...

Users who are viewing this thread