Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

mountainears

Reaction score
Is your truck new or have miles?

I bought mine last year, $100 deductible, 8 yr / 85k for 2650 on a new vehicle.

It wasn’t the best price but close enough that I just let the dealer run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatboy64

Reaction score
Is your truck new or have miles?

I bought mine last year, $100 deductible, 8 yr / 85k for 2650 on a new vehicle.

It wasn’t the best price but close enough that I just let the dealer run with it.

Yes it I new. I need the mileage more then the years…

mountainears

Reaction score
I shopped it online and was prepared with that pricing info when I bought my truck. Showed it to the dealer and they came close enough where I just bought it from them. So in short, bought from dealer.

DougB

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the Mopar site to look up the plan by VIN. I couldn’t find mine so I contacted Zeigler. Turns out, the TX DMV misspelled my wife’s last name on our title paperwork and I never noticed it. Since it didn’t match the extended service plan name, Mopar just canceled the plan without any notice to us or a refund! Zeigler is going to check into it tomorrow.

PSA: Everyone check your VIN on that site to ensure your plan is active!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the Mopar site to look up the plan by VIN. I couldn’t find mine so I contacted Zeigler. Turns out, the TX DMV misspelled my wife’s last name on our title paperwork and I never noticed it. Since it didn’t match the extended service plan name, Mopar just canceled the plan without any notice to us or a refund! Zeigler is going to check into it tomorrow.

PSA: Everyone check your VIN on that site to ensure your plan is active!

First thing I did was download a copy of the plan from the online site to go along with the paperwork.

DougB

Reaction score
First thing I did was download a copy of the plan from the online site to go along with the paperwork.
Zeiglar/Mopar sent me an email copy right away and then a hard copy in the mail shortly afterwards. I have no clue when they executed the cancellation. The plan says there is a $75 admin fee for cancellations and prorated refund. But never heard a peep. Unless all those calls about my vehicle’s extended warranty were actually legit!! :oops: lol

Hopefully, this will be a quick remedy by Zeigler.

jebruns

Reaction score
I was quoted $2430.00 for a 5 year 125k 200 deductible maximum care for a 3500…..is that a good deal?
Who did you get the quote from? If not from Granger, I'd check with them. I don't believe anyone is lower on Ram Maxcare warranties right now. Even if you don't go with Granger, it may give you bargaining power.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Who did you get the quote from? If not from Granger, I'd check with them. I don't believe anyone is lower on Ram Maxcare warranties right now. Even if you don't go with Granger, it may give you bargaining power.
I sent Granger an a few days ago, waiting to get the quote back…

DougB

Reaction score
Zeiglar/Mopar sent me an email copy right away and then a hard copy in the mail shortly afterwards. I have no clue when they executed the cancellation. The plan says there is a $75 admin fee for cancellations and prorated refund. But never heard a peep. Unless all those calls about my vehicle’s extended warranty were actually legit!! :oops: lol

Hopefully, this will be a quick remedy by Zeigler.
All fixed. Whew!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I’ll recheck the contract but it’s in righting to include the ending milage

mountainears

Reaction score
I’ll recheck the contract but it’s in righting to include the ending milage

Looking at my Mopare Maxcare doc it states the following under coverage terms for preowned.

“Pre-Owned Vehicle Plans: Coverage begins on the date you purchase the plan and the mileage on the odometer at time of purchase. Coverage will end
based on the time or mileage interval purchased, whichever occurs first. “

Meaning that if you bought a 75k warranty it will end at 75k.

Now this is for a true Mopar MaxCare document which is how it should look. Otherwise maybe it is a 3rd party and is different?

mountainears

Reaction score
What I was referring to is on page 2.
89a527a07aba4512c04e7a08a7079e08.jpg

jhdram4

Reaction score
My truck should be in within 1-2 weeks so I started looking at warranties. I have used extended warranties multiple times in the past as I keep all my trucks and cars 10 years, and warranties have always paid off for me. I emailed Granger and looked up Ziegler online quote at www.chryslerfactoryplans.com. I am looking at a 8 yr/100K with $200 deductible for Ram 3500 SRW Hemi. Ziegler shows $3220. Granger is $2630. Guess which one I will go with. I will offer that price for the dealer to match when I pick up, but I doubt they will come close.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
My truck should be in within 1-2 weeks so I started looking at warranties. I have used extended warranties multiple times in the past as I keep all my trucks and cars 10 years, and warranties have always paid off for me. I emailed Granger and looked up Ziegler online quote at www.chryslerfactoryplans.com. I am looking at a 8 yr/100K with $200 deductible for Ram 3500 SRW Hemi. Ziegler shows $3220. Granger is $2630. Guess which one I will go with. I will offer that price for the dealer to match when I pick up, but I doubt they will come close.
I just confirmed at my servicing dealer (not the selling dealer) the MaxCare is till 104K miles which is from time of purchase. Also I have 6K miles or 3 mo’s left of the factory bumper to bumper warranty, and the 5yr 60K mile drive train is still valid. So I have 30K or 2 years left on the factory power train warranty. Also it has a dealer paid 3rd party lifetime power train warranty as long as the services are performed by any company or dealer.
Jhdram4:, the exhaust manifold cracking on the Hemi’s has not been addressed with FCA, they only repair when found, after the 5/60 power train warranty your on your own unless you have an extended warranty. Because it’s a problem that can show its ugly head, MaxCare would be more beneficial with this issue, as any FCA dealer will repair with only the deductible costs. The aftermarket warranties can drag out repairs with their reps visiting the dealer for confirmation. My buddy has a 2014 that lost the 68rfe, but was still under the extended aftermarket warranty, and it took a couple of weeks before it was approved. They also wanted the trans rebuilt vrs replaced, and he flipped the extra cost for the replacement that was extra from the deductible.

mountainears

Reaction score
Have you looked up your VIN on the MaxCare site I posted? I’m not sure I’d go off what a dealer says…. I’d base it off the site and what your paperwork says. Now the 3rd party stuff, no idea on that.

jhdram4

Reaction score
I just confirmed at my servicing dealer (not the selling dealer) the MaxCare is till 104K miles which is from time of purchase. Also I have 6K miles or 3 mo’s left of the factory bumper to bumper warranty, and the 5yr 60K mile drive train is still valid. So I have 30K or 2 years left on the factory power train warranty. Also it has a dealer paid 3rd party lifetime power train warranty as long as the services are performed by any company or dealer.
Jhdram4:, the exhaust manifold cracking on the Hemi’s has not been addressed with FCA, they only repair when found, after the 5/60 power train warranty your on your own unless you have an extended warranty. Because it’s a problem that can show its ugly head, MaxCare would be more beneficial with this issue, as any FCA dealer will repair with only the deductible costs. The aftermarket warranties can drag out repairs with their reps visiting the dealer for confirmation. My buddy has a 2014 that lost the 68rfe, but was still under the extended aftermarket warranty, and it took a couple of weeks before it was approved. They also wanted the trans rebuilt vrs replaced, and he flipped the extra cost for the replacement that was extra from the deductible.
Thanks for the info. Both of these should be the Maxcare Mopar warranty and not third party. Following is in the email Granger sent.

MAXIMUM CARE provides for COMPLETE MECHANICAL COMPONENT COVERAGE Beyond the Vehicle's Factory Warranty.

“IF IT’S MECHANICAL ... IT’S COVERED!”

Plan Benefits for Maximum Care Mopar Extended Warranty

A choice of $200/$100/$0 Deductible per repair visit (depending on Plan chosen). Includes all of the following:

$100 “Sign-And-Go” Roadside Assistance

$100 Towing Allowance

$35 First Day Rental

$35/Day Car Rental Allowance

$600 Key Fob Repair/Replacement Coverage

$1,000 Trip Interruption Coverage

$50 Plan Transfer Fee (in most states)

When would the warranty start?

The warranty will start on the in-service date of your vehicle.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
It’s all there in the DC Dealer Connect, due to personal information I won’t post the screenshot I was allowed to take a picture of. I just asked to bring up any history and when she inputted the VIN the info was there. I was surprised that it had already populated our info. All the dates and miles were confirmed per what my contract had.

jebruns

Reaction score
Have you looked up your VIN on the MaxCare site I posted? I’m not sure I’d go off what a dealer says…. I’d base it off the site and what your paperwork says. Now the 3rd party stuff, no idea on that.

Agreed. Not sure what the reluctance is to using the MaxCare site VIN info? That's the only data I'd believe, and I'd darn sure want to know.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
What is the direct website, I see a lot of different sites and I’m not going to input any info unless it’s the correct site?

Users who are viewing this thread