Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

scndthief

Reaction score
What’s the wheel width on the 20s?

8” I think but those wheels did not last long. The 35’s did not fill out the wheel wells as much as I wanted so I put 37’s on and ditched the 20’s for 17” saltas.
6d2f7bd108221265f3586f48303e20bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gooutnsurf

Reaction score
8” I think but those wheels did not last long. The 35’s did not fill out the wheel wells as much as I wanted so I put 37’s on and ditched the 20’s for 17” saltas.

Looking good! I’ve been struggling with the 37 setup with AEV vs aftermarket.. I want my setup to be flush with flares and I’m concerned the 8.5” with 37x12.5 will still rest tucked in...

scndthief

Reaction score
Looking good! I’ve been struggling with the 37 setup with AEV vs aftermarket.. I want my setup to be flush with flares and I’m concerned the 8.5” with 37x12.5 will still rest tucked in...

I don’t have that issue with the Falkens, they are almost exactly the same as the flares.
fd24ef813bc91c3921d0cb666464ad91.jpg

stickshifter

Reaction score

Great looking truck! Any regrets going to 37s? How do you feel about the spare on the rear bumper? Did you relocate the backup camera? Thanks!

scndthief

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Any regrets going to 37s? How do you feel about the spare on the rear bumper? Did you relocate the backup camera? Thanks!

The spare is on a RIGd mega swing, I am a huge fan of the carrier I have a fuelpax on there as well. I have no regrets about going to 37’s the truck is simply better than stock. I run about 45 psi on the road and it is smoother and more comfortable.
7e61ec6fe6b6824a7f850f1e9613aa51.jpg

pdavey

Reaction score
In the well known words of Nike. 37s, Just Do It.

I love my 37s

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

stickshifter

Reaction score
The spare is on a RIGd mega swing, I am a huge fan of the carrier I have a fuelpax on there as well. I have no regrets about going to 37’s the truck is simply better than stock. I run about 45 psi on the road and it is smoother and more comfortable.
7e61ec6fe6b6824a7f850f1e9613aa51.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Great set-up for the spare!

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
Look great but looks like you will rub if you go off road. Heck looks like if you crank the wheel in reverse youbwill rub.
The CJC Methods are just like the AEV Ram wheels in that they have the correct width and backspacing to run big tires on these Rams.

Liners were massaged with a heat gun prior to getting 37s. I initially had rubbing on the Rokblok mudflaps when turned and backing out of steep driveways (not pinned back in the wheel well enough) but they have now been taken care of. Zero rubbing as of now, but I still need to drive into the steep ditches out at the farm with sway disco’d and really cross axle the truck. It’s just been to wet with rain, don’t want to tear them up. Rinse and repeat as far as rubbing is concerned.

*** EDIT And it may also just be the angle of the picture that’s making the tire look closer to the wheel wells than it really is.

Last edited:

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
How much trimming are we taking? This is exactly the look I want but don’t want to hack my inner well
Wheels with proper width/backspace and offset are crucial

Like I said, I massaged/shaped my liners prior to getting 37s. This was just at the very bottom of the liners near the pinch weld. When my mudflaps were off, I had zero rubbing daily driving.

Ill DM you a vid.

cwalston

Reaction score
Wheels with proper width/backspace and offset are crucial

Like I said, I massaged/shaped my liners prior to getting 37s. This was just at the very bottom of the liners near the pinch weld. When my mudflaps were off, I had zero rubbing daily driving.

Ill DM you a vid.
I am running the AEV wheels with 37x12.5 Toyo MT's with the Thuren springs and have zero rubbing with no trimming or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread