Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

dave41079

Reaction score
Got my 35X12.5X18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Method 305 NV wheels with a +18 offset on today much better for me
Can you snap a picture of the back of your factory wheels? I'd like to see the mounting surface without having to remove one of mine right now.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Exactly. Ideally one inch, but I'm not sure there's enough depth in those pockets.
I've seen plenty of people cut the studs shorter to clear the wheel hub pockets. I would just make sure to cut them with the lug nut on it. Then after the cut you can back the nut out to clean up the threads.

I'm looking at adding a hub centric spacer to the front to clear 37s. If I don't go with a whole new wheel.

pdavey

Reaction score
Lots of money to build up that platform to perform like a PW

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

el_barto

Reaction score
Lots of money to build up that platform to perform like a PW

I’d imagine the stock JT Rubicon is more capable offroad out of the box than a Power Wagon. And that JT should be WAY more capable than my truck.
But, I think Power Wagon is more comfortable and still able to work hard.
BOTH Power Wagon and JT have their pros and cons.

dave41079

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of people cut the studs shorter to clear the wheel hub pockets. I would just make sure to cut them with the lug nut on it. Then after the cut you can back the nut out to clean up the threads.

I'm looking at adding a hub centric spacer to the front to clear 37s. If I don't go with a whole new wheel.
How large are you thinking on a spacer, and where from?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
How large are you thinking on a spacer, and where from?

I believe you're looking at a 15mm spacer to get the AEV inside clearance on stock PW wheels. I forget the exact specs, but they are on the forum somewhere. At 15mm you won't be able to get spacers with built in studs so you're going to want to use extended length studs. If you want the built in studs you're probably looking 1" (25mm) spacers at a minimum for that.

I wish more auto manufactures used lug bolts instead of lug nuts to mount wheels. I know BMW does and it makes it so much easier to run spacers haha.

It's easy to find reputable manufactures of spacers for car sizes, but I'm too new to the truck world to recommend a brand.

I used these guys in the past and they do truck bolt patterns and custom specs.

Ultimately, I will probably do a whole new wheel setup.

dave41079

Reaction score
I believe you're looking at a 15mm spacer to get the AEV inside clearance on stock PW wheels. I forget the exact specs, but they are on the forum somewhere. At 15mm you won't be able to get spacers with built in studs so you're going to want to use extended length studs. If you want the built in studs you're probably looking 1" (25mm) spacers at a minimum for that.

I wish more auto manufactures used lug bolts instead of lug nuts to mount wheels. I know BMW does and it makes it so much easier to run spacers haha.

It's easy to find reputable manufactures of spacers for car sizes, but I'm too new to the truck world to recommend a brand.

I used these guys in the past and they do truck bolt patterns and custom specs.

Ultimately, I will probably do a whole new wheel setup.
Oh yeah I'm not new to any of this. I've had great results with Motorsport Tech/BORA wheel spacers and adapters in the past. They will make them any size you want, hubcentric to the vehicle, hubcentric to whatever wheel you're using, with or without studs. They do great work and are pretty fast too.

With a 17x8 ET 45.72, to get into the sweet spot that AEV uses, you'd need an 18.72mm spacer. 19mm or 3/4" would be close enough. That will center the tire up exactly where it would be with an AEV wheel that is ET 27. BORA will make a 3/4" adapter with studs hubcentric both ways at $400 for a set. I just don't think there is enough room for the studs in those pockets at that length, and before I cut studs I would probably just get some that were longer and use a basic spacer. I really need to get a wheel off and take a look at it, but I'm 12 days away from achilles surgery with a nice lengthy recovery afterwards so who knows when I'll actually be able to check it out.

USMC18PW

Reaction score
I’d imagine the stock JT Rubicon is more capable offroad out of the box than a Power Wagon. And that JT should be WAY more capable than my truck.
But, I think Power Wagon is more comfortable and still able to work hard.
BOTH Power Wagon and JT have their pros and cons.
Subjective! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread