Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just ordered a 2022 Ram Power Wagon

PMHQ

Reaction score
Ordered 6/23
Updated 8/6
Still in D status = I have a VIN but nothing more.
I assume a decent backlog of '21 builds are still going through putting '22 production behind but this is just my assumption.
I am in the same boat as you...I am also in D Status with a VIN...No delivery date (Dealer told me 12 weeks which means 20... lol) I am not in a big hurry anyhow, just a little excited..I ordered mine 3 days after the dealer was allowed to build. He did tell me that there was a few people waiting for 21s still, but they just ordered also. I have a feeling that it will be November..... Good luck, bud!

PMHQ

Reaction score
I know that in my 19' 1500 Limited, I have wireless phone charging...I am hoping that the 22 PW has the same...Anyone know for sure? Thank you in advance.

TKulzer

Reaction score
My dealer told me that they have the capacity to order the 2022 now, even though you cannot tell by the RAM website. I was told that the only thing to change was that the UConnect system is upgraded to be fully wireless and now uses TOM TOM for the navigation system which I was told that it is a good improvement. (I have a 2019 1500 Limited and never had any issues).... I was also told that the Level 3 Package is very similar to the 75th Anniversary Edition, except you can't order the Brown Leather Seats.... I ordered mine with EVERY option except that I skipped the Backup Alarm because I do not want to sound like a Backhoe when in reverse and I was told that you cannot turn it off. Also the Beadlock rated wheels are not standard, and I wanted those....They still have not gotten back to me on if they are available, as I would pay a little more for them...(I would actually use them).... All said and done the truck came to 77890 before taxes etc.... (I did get a Family discount as my daughter works for a sister company, but I won't discuss the discount) They told me that the rig would be 8-12 weeks out from being delivered. (I got the Olive Green Pearlcoat).... I asked when the trucks will be available with another engine option and the flat rear floor like the 1500s, and they could not tell me as they do not know when or if the cab is changing).... Thank you for having me here, as it is my first post on the HD site because I just bought, I felt like joining the forum... I am from Nor Cal, but own a home with property not far from Virginia City, Nevada where I will be testing my new rig!
Hey All
Placed my order for the 2022 PW as well, very similar to PMHQ's. The Olive Green Pearlcoat. Can't wait to get behind the wheel. They said 8-12 weeks but I am just hoping to have it by December with all that's going on with the chips. Looking forward to checking everyone's rigs out to get ideas. I am used to driving my Jeep so this will be a nice change (still have the Jeep).

PMHQ

Reaction score
Hey All
Placed my order for the 2022 PW as well, very similar to PMHQ's. The Olive Green Pearlcoat. Can't wait to get behind the wheel. They said 8-12 weeks but I am just hoping to have it by December with all that's going on with the chips. Looking forward to checking everyone's rigs out to get ideas. I am used to driving my Jeep so this will be a nice change (still have the Jeep).
I'm super stoked for anyone that is in our shoes! My dealer called and told me that I am still in D1 Status and they will let me know when it changes...I asked about chip shortages and they told me that we should be ok, especially since there is a certain amount of parts on standby for the 22 models, and we are amongst the first to order, in the same breath he said that later in the year it is possible for the shortages to catch up to us...I hope I get mine before Thanksgiving at least, but I am not too worried about it. I still very much enjoy my 2019 1500 Limited (which is part of my down payment for the PW) I told them that I wanted every option, except for the backup alarm, since this is my bucket list rig and I never will sell it. Only thing I am going to do is immediately throw on a Carli Back Country kit and some 37s...anything else will be an onboard air system and a CB and possibly a HAM set up...I advent totally decided on Coms yet, except definitely a CB to start with. Id also like some (not a ton) of aftermarket lighting. I'm not into the "overloading" moniker, but I want a rig that can do most everything without being laden with trinkets/tents/racks etc.

Ridered67

Reaction score
think the two key items not in the level 3 package is the special color leather seats and the bi-functional led headlights, on the other side of the equation the updated uconnect 5 is probably the most notable change and not having to get the mopar sliders and bead lock wheels
I also ordered a 2022 power wagon and I'm still hopeful that the level 3 package includes the quad beam bi direction headlights with the level 3 package. Reason I'm hopeful is that there is NO headlight description listed anywhere in my level 3 build

TKulzer

Reaction score
Question for all who ordered from the factory: How long did it take to see movement on your order? I know the Dealer told me 8-12 weeks, and I am sure it will take longer than that. When did you start to see any movement on your order or were advised that it started?

liquid.ace

Reaction score
9 days from the time i ordered to when i received an update from dealer stating it was moved to D status.
Exactly 2 months waiting so far and truck is in D status though i have not asked the dealer for about 2 weeks now so it could have changed but not likely.
I too was told 8-12 weeks if not less. I am at week 9 at the moment.
Nervous over the Mopar news of changes being made to 5th gen 1500s, even for those that have already ordered, but have not found anything regarding changes being made to the HDs.
I was reading somewhere about a rumor of Ram not starting the builds on '22 until Aug 9th instead of the previous date of Jul 26th.
I am really hoping to see this truck before the end of Sep for an upcoming trip but will not be surprised if it is pushed as far out as Nov.

TKulzer

Reaction score
9 days from the time i ordered to when i received an update from dealer stating it was moved to D status.
Exactly 2 months waiting so far and truck is in D status though i have not asked the dealer for about 2 weeks now so it could have changed but not likely.
Nervous over the Mopar news of changes being made to 5th gen 1500s, even for those that have already ordered, but have not found anything regarding changes being made to the HDs.
I was reading somewhere about a rumor of Ram not starting the builds on '22 until Aug 9th instead of the previous date of Jul 26th.
I am really hoping to see this truck before the end of Sep for an upcoming trip but will not be surprised if it is pushed as far out as Nov.
Thanks for the reply. I am nervous too but hoping for the best. good luck

TKulzer

Reaction score
Checked in with my Dealer. Was told that it was in D status right now and moving to D1 status next month which should provide a ship date.

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
Checked in with my Dealer. Was told that it was in D status right now and moving to D1 status next month which should provide a ship date.
I ordered my Power Wagon July 17th. I have been in "D'" status with VIN since the 23rd of July. No movement whatsoever and Ram Chat is either a Bot or it is scripted with no information. When I ordered mine, the dealer told me 4-6 months. I'm hopeful that was an under-promise over-deliver ETA but we shall see. Alot of people who ordered '22 2500/3500 haven't seen any movement on their orders except for a few who ordered base tradesman packages.

Loosebolts

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 PW JUNE 17 as of 08/12 I was told the truck passed final inspection. I asked the dealer how much more time to expect they really couldn’t give an estimate, wonder if anyone received any update past this stage? I haven’t seen any 2022 anywhere so my assumption is they have them hostage until the initial 2022 lineup is ready to be released. Odd they haven’t even updated the configurator.

Last edited:

TKulzer

Reaction score
I ordered my Power Wagon July 17th. I have been in "D'" status with VIN since the 23rd of July. No movement whatsoever and Ram Chat is either a Bot or it is scripted with no information. When I ordered mine, the dealer told me 4-6 months. I'm hopeful that was an under-promise over-deliver ETA but we shall see. Alot of people who ordered '22 2500/3500 haven't seen any movement on their orders except for a few who ordered base tradesman packages.
Dam, i was afraid of that. Oh well trying to stay positive and patiently waiting

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
Dam, i was afraid of that. Oh well trying to stay positive and patiently waiting
Thats really all we can do. Not like we have much choice unless we want run of the mill whatever is left on the dealer lots. Either way, I'm excited to get it, when it gets here.

Etoimos

Reaction score
On the 2022 models, is the only way to get bucket seats and the center console via the Level 3 option?

Etoimos

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately that is the only way to get those options.
Thanks for the info, even if it was not what I wanted to hear. lol There are quite a few things in that package that don't actually want. I'll have to try and decide if I don't want those extra things more then I don't want a bench seat up front!

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, even if it was not what I wanted to hear. lol There are quite a few things in that package that don't actually want. I'll have to try and decide if I don't want those extra things more then I don't want a bench seat up front!
Thats the same reason I went with the Level 2 PW. The only real upgraded I wanted was leather seats and the 17 speaker sound system. Everything else to me wasn't worth the $11k upgrade

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
I was wrong. It appears stellantis has updated the site to include the console on the level 2 as an option. Standard on the level 3

tylander

Reaction score
I was wrong. It appears stellantis has updated the site to include the console on the level 2 as an option. Standard on the level 3
You can get the console with Level 2 package, electronic transfer case and +$545 for leather trimmed bucket seats. If you opt for the 8.4" screen you have to get it with Nav.

Users who are viewing this thread