Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just ordered a 2022 Ram Power Wagon

liquid.ace

Reaction score
I hope that the truck sounds as good as the trucks in the videos! I have a huge home theater system and play the exhaust notes loudly to wake up my wife and tell her "guess what I hear" ....she hates me...LOL
Awesome!

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I ended up trying out converting to a dual magnaflow w/ 2.5” pipe having it dumped right behind the the rear wheels on each side. Sounds great, a little louder in the cable when just accelerating then the wife likes so i might go get it toned down a little. Maybe one do I’ll try to get a video of it.

Driving down the highway I barely hear it, but when going 70 and start going up hill it wants to shift down to 7th w/ 37” tires and that is noticeable (again WAF is low on this point) . Might try going into the Tazer and see if I can adjust the transmission or engine ”tune” to reduce this also.

PMHQ

Reaction score
I ended up trying out converting to a dual magnaflow w/ 2.5” pipe having it dumped right behind the the rear wheels on each side. Sounds great, a little louder in the cable when just accelerating then the wife likes so i might go get it toned down a little. Maybe one do I’ll try to get a video of it.

Driving down the highway I barely hear it, but when going 70 and start going up hill it wants to shift down to 7th w/ 37” tires and that is noticeable (again WAF is low on this point) . Might try going into the Tazer and see if I can adjust the transmission or engine ”tune” to reduce this also.
I'd love to see pics on how the pipe was ran...out of curiosity...I know if you dump the exhaust under a vehicle it gets a little "boomy" because of the reverberation....My 67 Chenille was super loud when I put the exhaust dumped after the rear axle.....Same with my old pickup....I will not be doing that with the PW and I do not want the exhaust where it will get pinched against the body of the truck if I hit the pipes....

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I beleive level 3 is close to a 75th in looks.

As for exhaust, I just cut off the resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe and nice black tip. Sounds good, low rumble, no drone, looks better than stock with the ugly resonator.
20210618_084941.jpg20210623_181735.jpg20210623_152650.jpg

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Congrats!
Only 6 months!
I ordered mine at the beginning of December

Users who are viewing this thread