Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just ordered a 2022 Ram Power Wagon

PMHQ

Reaction score
My dealer told me that they have the capacity to order the 2022 now, even though you cannot tell by the RAM website. I was told that the only thing to change was that the UConnect system is upgraded to be fully wireless and now uses TOM TOM for the navigation system which I was told that it is a good improvement. (I have a 2019 1500 Limited and never had any issues).... I was also told that the Level 3 Package is very similar to the 75th Anniversary Edition, except you can't order the Brown Leather Seats.... I ordered mine with EVERY option except that I skipped the Backup Alarm because I do not want to sound like a Backhoe when in reverse and I was told that you cannot turn it off. Also the Beadlock rated wheels are not standard, and I wanted those....They still have not gotten back to me on if they are available, as I would pay a little more for them...(I would actually use them).... All said and done the truck came to 77890 before taxes etc.... (I did get a Family discount as my daughter works for a sister company, but I won't discuss the discount) They told me that the rig would be 8-12 weeks out from being delivered. (I got the Olive Green Pearlcoat).... I asked when the trucks will be available with another engine option and the flat rear floor like the 1500s, and they could not tell me as they do not know when or if the cab is changing).... Thank you for having me here, as it is my first post on the HD site because I just bought, I felt like joining the forum... I am from Nor Cal, but own a home with property not far from Virginia City, Nevada where I will be testing my new rig!

Last edited:

PMHQ

Reaction score
I certainly will....I have been wanting a PW for years....My buddy and I have a 1968 PW at my house right now that he is restoring for our desert trips....It is a 318 motor and we need to do the heads on it....

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
On the 2022 was monotone available outside the normal black?

CI6

Reaction score
Do you know what kind of headlights are on the level 3 option? That along with beadlock and steps were the major differences from the 75th edition, wondering if they are an option to add for the 2022 model

PMHQ

Reaction score
Do you know what kind of headlights are on the level 3 option? That along with beadlock and steps were the major differences from the 75th edition, wondering if they are an option to add for the 2022 model
I was told that the beadlocks, steps, and brown interior arent available....I bet you can buy them from MOPAR though...lights im not sure which type...I tjink he told me black trimmed bezels.

el_barto

Reaction score
I was told that the beadlocks, steps, and brown interior arent available....I bet you can buy them from MOPAR though...lights im not sure which type...I tjink he told me black trimmed bezels.
I would assume the steps and wheels will be available in the “power wagon offroad” package, as they are on the 2021 models.

I assume he means the LED projector lights(from the Limited trim trucks), which came on the 75AE, vs the LED reflector type which come standard on the PW. I’m guessing the upgraded lights will be in the Level 3 package.

PMHQ

Reaction score
I have the Configuration Preview...it shows the options and packages I ordered, but doesn't get into much detail...I'll keep you all posted as I know more...

Attachments

• 20210619_162809.jpg
    20210619_162809.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 101

Threeper88

Reaction score
Need to get to the bottom of the headlight question. Reflector or projector for the level 3

PMHQ

Reaction score
I left a message with my salesman and he did not get back to me today. I'm sure he will return the email I sent. I'll fill you in as soon as I find out which. I almost hope that the lights aren't like the ones on my Limited....They mess up peoples eyes coming at me...I almost had someone run into me because of that when I was on a narrow 2 lane road....our mirrors hit a bit and he said that he was blinded and in the middle of hitting his brakes to stop when we hit...no damages luckily.

Threeper88

Reaction score
I was told that the headlights are LED....That is all I know. The bezels and surrounds are black from what he told me of the Level 3 Package....
Well they did indicate in the 75A that the bezels were black, weird they won’t specify.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Looking at my buddies 1500 limited today and comparing it to my 75th.
The rear floor in his is flat. The back seats are completely different. The under seat storage is different. The flat fold out platform is different.
His speaker grills are a different shape and color as well.
Dash and 12" screen are the same. Trim on the dash is different. Mine looks better
His LED projector lights look different than mine.

el_barto

Reaction score
The rear floor in his is flat. The back seats are completely different. The under seat storage is different. The flat fold out platform is different.
Dash and 12" screen are the same. Trim on the dash is different. Mine looks better
1500 is a totally from the HDs now. They do share some similar interior components, but the cab itself is totally different. The front clips are no longer similar and the 6’-4” beds are also different/non-interchangeable now.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, his bed is shorter. I knew that.
Just thought some of the interior would be the same.
I like the 75th better. Seems more classy. His has too much faux wood plastic in it, even though it's a loaded limited night edition.

PMHQ

Reaction score
I currently own a 2019 1500 Limited...It is an awesome truck...Very comfortable and pretty capable...Even has a rear locker that I have used several times...I do like the cab better on my limited..It is bigger than the Power Wagon cab and the flat floor is nice to have!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I currently own a 2019 1500 Limited...It is an awesome truck...Very comfortable and pretty capable...Even has a rear locker that I have used several times...I do like the cab better on my limited..It is bigger than the Power Wagon cab and the flat floor is nice to have!

Yup! I had a 2019 1500 Laramie and miss the cab size and flat floor too. But if you use the PW for PW things you won't be bothered too much ;)

Users who are viewing this thread