Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

BigRigWrecker

Reaction score
Same thing here, I got the card stating “parts available, scan here to schedule repair”

I thought… this is GREAT, I don’t even need to call the dealer. I used the website to enter my info, select “recall”, enter the recall number I was setting appointment for, it was two weeks out.

Get there today and…” oh… yeah we need to order the parts, but we can fix your tailgate recall” (which I fixed the first week I had the truck after the tailgate flew open the second time while driving).

So like the First Gentleman noted… I took a half a day off of work, drove to dealership, waited about 45 mins, and get to go back in 4 to 6 weeks when the part shows up.

Am I the only person that can’t afford to drive a 90k truck if I spend half my time at the dealership over recalls‍♂️
I had that happen on Thursday and I bought the truck at this dealer. They had the part in inventory and then it magically disappeared. I had an 85 mile drive each way.

techman

Reaction score
I called two weeks ago after I got the "parts available" notice. and the stealer-ship said parts ordered and will call back. Crickets.....

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey, Ram Cares, please take note. I 'Had' an appointment this Tuesday. The dealer is 30 minutes away & I took the day off for this appointment. When I called them to make the recall appointment, they asked for my VIN #. When I gave it to them, they said, 'You're not in our system, so let me get some more information from you'. So at this point, they Should have figured since I'm Not in their system, I didn't buy my truck from them. Anyhow, they took my info and told me a part was available & made the appointment for me on Tuesday to get it fixed. I get there at 10:00am (my appointment time) they came out to my truck to verify the mileage and plugged into my ODB port with some device. The tech verified I was getting recall 13A fixed & the Tailgate Latch recall checked.

I sit in the customer lounge for about 20 minutes, when the tech comes back in. He proceeds to tell me, 'I'm sorry but since the 13A recall is a restricted parts order, we have to fix our inventory 1st, then customers that Bought from us next. Since you didn't buy your truck from us, we can't fix your truck today. In fact, I'm not even sure when we could get your truck fixed at this point. Your best bet would be to call the dealer you purchased from'.

I asked, then why when I called last week & they knew I didn't buy the truck here, did they even give me an appointment? He just apologized & said the person taking my call just looked at my VIN #, the Recall part & since we had the part, they just booked me.

So basically, Ram is letting me continue to drive my 2022 Longhorn Limited that Might catch-fire, because I went to a dealer I didn't buy my truck from. Man I really hope nothing happens before I get my truck fixed because Any lawyer would have a field-day with this case!

Rant over!!!!
I am so sorry to read this! Please send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name so we can look into this further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Bombaman

Reaction score
Mopar Recalls - Parts Available please book with Dealer,
Called local dealer, Stellantis is blocking this recall being fixed for my MY( MY22)

Managed to get the last one (68606435AB) from OEM Mopar Parts Store (Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of McKinney TX) ordered and will be here tommorow. Install myself and make a claim, terribly handled recall @RamCares

BigRigWrecker

Reaction score
I am so sorry to read this! Please send us a PM with your VIN and dealer name so we can look into this further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
What, so @RAM Cares… it’s not SOP to have to go to the dealership 15 times to get our recalls addressed?

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Update: I got my 2022 Longhorn Limited fixed today!. After my ordeal last Tuesday, I called my local, small Ram Dealer. This was right after getting home
from the dealer last Tuesday, that DIDN'T fix my truck because I DIDN'T buy my truck from them. asked this small dealer if they could fix my truck & informed them
what the last dealer told me. They said, "We don't care if you didn't purchase from us, we'll still fix your truck". They had the recall 13A part in-hand and it wasn't
spoken for yet, so they said I could have it. I don't think this dealer even has any HD's on their lot, just a bunch of Jeep's & 1500's. Maybe this helped me. Anyways,
they booked me for today. I dropped the truck off before work & picked it up tonight all fixed. The part # listed on the paperwork is: CSTP13A1AA, Description is listed
as: 13A Relay. The part # on the relay I see is: 68606435 AB I'm Happy to have this done, before leaving this Sunday for a 3-week camping trip, towing my 43' 5th-Wheel.

Much Thanks to Hiller Jeep, Ram of Marion Ma.!

BTW, they also fixed / changed part # 6512544AA, Starter Nut! I remember reading something about this nut having issues. Even though its not on a recall, its nice
to see they checked for Anything my truck might need, while in for service.

Dave...

cummins6.7junk

Reaction score
Grid heater bolt of death has been around a very long time. Pretty much since they put a 6.7L in a truck in 2007.5
I will confirm this as I have a 2022 laramie 2500 with 27k miles on it. I was coasting down a slight hill at 25 mph. Bolt failed dropped in number 6 cylinder now mopar warranty jerking me around saying there are no motors available. sit here and rot with an $85000 piece of garbage and Ram mopar/ corporate not giving a ****

cummins6.7junk

Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
HI Ram cares

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration regarding my recent experience with my 2022 Ram Laramie 2500. My vehicle has a blown Cummins Diesel 6.7 motor due to a known engineering defect with the grid heater bolt. While I appreciate that the motor is still under warranty, the fact that it is not being replaced in a timely manner is causing me significant financial hardship and preventing me from working. As a loyal customer, I am disappointed that I am facing these challenges with a new vehicle. I cannot afford to sit and wait for the issue to be resolved. I am losing valuable income due to this situation and cannot continue to bear the financial burden. I purposely purchased this truck primarily for it’s utility purposes, to help facilitate building a new house, and use for the construction process which I now have to pay for multiple deliveries and or ask for favors from people with older cheaper working trucks….

I never imagined that a new $85,000 truck would be rendered completely inoperable after 27k miles.

I understand that your team is working hard to address the issue as the truck has been at a dealership in Santa Fe for quite some time with no significant movement, but I implore you to expedite the process and provide me with a replacement truck as soon as possible. This would help me to get back to work and regain the financial stability that I have lost as a result of this situation. I want to emphasize that I appreciate your efforts to address the problem, but I urge you to understand the urgency of my situation and the impact it is having on my livelihood. I believe that a prompt resolution to this issue will go a long way towards restoring my faith in your brand and showing that you value your customers and their satisfaction.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon with a response.

2022 RAM 2500 LARAMIE NIGHT CREW CAB 4X4 (VIN 3C6UR5FL3NG126921).

cummins6.7junk

Reaction score
Hearing a grid heater recall coming out this week 2-16-2023. Anyone else hear about this ? Anyone know what they will replace or change ?
My 2022 ram had the grid heater bolt fail and fall in the number 6 cylinder blowing the motor. now mopar west is draggin their feet and saying there are no replacement motors. Now I sit here and wait with a $85k piece of junk. unnaceptable

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
HI Ram cares

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration regarding my recent experience with my 2022 Ram Laramie 2500. My vehicle has a blown Cummins Diesel 6.7 motor due to a known engineering defect with the grid heater bolt. While I appreciate that the motor is still under warranty, the fact that it is not being replaced in a timely manner is causing me significant financial hardship and preventing me from working. As a loyal customer, I am disappointed that I am facing these challenges with a new vehicle. I cannot afford to sit and wait for the issue to be resolved. I am losing valuable income due to this situation and cannot continue to bear the financial burden. I purposely purchased this truck primarily for it’s utility purposes, to help facilitate building a new house, and use for the construction process which I now have to pay for multiple deliveries and or ask for favors from people with older cheaper working trucks….

I never imagined that a new $85,000 truck would be rendered completely inoperable after 27k miles.

I understand that your team is working hard to address the issue as the truck has been at a dealership in Santa Fe for quite some time with no significant movement, but I implore you to expedite the process and provide me with a replacement truck as soon as possible. This would help me to get back to work and regain the financial stability that I have lost as a result of this situation. I want to emphasize that I appreciate your efforts to address the problem, but I urge you to understand the urgency of my situation and the impact it is having on my livelihood. I believe that a prompt resolution to this issue will go a long way towards restoring my faith in your brand and showing that you value your customers and their satisfaction.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon with a response.

2022 RAM 2500 LARAMIE NIGHT CREW CAB 4X4 (VIN 3C6UR5FL3NG126921).
Hello there,

We would love to get you some assistance with this. Would you mind sending us a direct message? We'd love to get a case started for you.

Callie
Ram Cares

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Man, if a bolt failure can happen on a 22 with only 27K miles....crazy. Got to get mine sorted tout suite!

DougB

Reaction score
Was able to get the recall fixed on my 2022 this week.

Originally when I booked the appt ~3 weeks ago to tackle the 3 open recalls (grid htr, trans dipstick, tailgate) they told me the grid htr parts they had were all allocated and I would be added to the list. Same for the trans dipstick. But when they called me yesterday saying it was done, I was told all 3 recalls had been addressed. I'll pick it up at lunch today and will visually verify.

DougB

Reaction score
Was able to get the recall fixed on my 2022 this week.

Originally when I booked the appt ~3 weeks ago to tackle the 3 open recalls (grid htr, trans dipstick, tailgate) they told me the grid htr parts they had were all allocated and I would be added to the list. Same for the trans dipstick. But when they called me yesterday saying it was done, I was told all 3 recalls had been addressed. I'll pick it up at lunch today and will visually verify.
Yep. There is the new relay
7E0BAB85-A4E0-440E-BDA4-9C5CD209068B.jpeg
Part number 68606435AB

Bombaman

Reaction score
Part arrived today, confirmed model number, will swap it out on the weekend. I'll report back if Mopar gives me a re-imbursement/closes off the recall

Bombaman

Reaction score
Easy replacement, photos comparing the original and new SSR. Took photos of old/new installed and have submitted it with my parts invoice for re-imbursement

Attachments

• 20230506_170745 (1).jpg
    20230506_170745 (1).jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230506_170751 (1).jpg
    20230506_170751 (1).jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 63

unclelala

Reaction score
Easy replacement, photos comparing the original and new SSR. Took photos of old/new installed and have submitted it with my parts invoice for re-imbursement
I was expecting them to be quite different looking but they look identical...I wonder whats so different inside.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I had that happen on Thursday and I bought the truck at this dealer. They had the part in inventory and then it magically disappeared. I had an 85 mile drive each way.
SAME thing here, only it was for the transmission recall and they did it to me twice. Basically they said even though I was scheduled, another vehicle that needed the same recall had come in before me so they used the part on them and "sorry" we'll order another batch and let you know.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I was expecting them to be quite different looking but they look identical...I wonder whats so different inside.
I was hoping they would replace them with a mechanical relay. Oh well, they can recall these next year. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread