Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

CdnHO

Reaction score
I assume the replacement relay is still a solid state device.

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Got my appointment for next Tuesday, to get it fixed!
Really wanted this completed before going on a 1-month camping trip, towing my 42' 5th-Wheel!

Dave...

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my appointment for next Tuesday, to get it fixed!
Really wanted this completed before going on a 1-month camping trip, towing my 42' 5th-Wheel!

Dave...

It will be nice to have it fixed, but my understanding is that driving or parked has the same probability of a fire, meaning the relay doesn’t have to be closed to fail.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
CSTP13A1AA was ordered per the recall for my '21...and 68606435AB is what arrived and was installed View attachment 55460
What am I missing here guys? This is what I suspected. The replacement part is 68606435AB, available for purchase on the internet at multiple vendors for between $82 - $100. This part is the same for 2021s to 2023s. However, at the dealer, 68606435AB comes in a box labeled CSTP13A1AA. Look at the picture in post #159 on page 8. We a being held hostage by the requirement that we have to have the “special” part number, installed by the dealer, to have the recall cleared when we could buy the part online, install it ourselves, and get reimbursement if we want to bother. The statement that a fix for 2022s was not yet available was BS. I don’t have a big issue with the whole recall occurence. Stuff happens and there is so much technology and so many moving parts on these trucks, I am bit surprised it doesn’t happen more often. It’s the misinformation and BS to control us that gets to me. If I’ve gotten something wrong here, please let me know.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I believe in this instance, they have to let the dealers make money somehow, and they write it off as a loss on taxes at the end of the year.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I just called all local ram dealers part is not available to public. It has to be done through star. In other words, it has to be done through the dealer.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
What am I missing here guys? This is what I suspected. The replacement part is 68606435AB, available for purchase on the internet at multiple vendors for between $82 - $100. This part is the same for 2021s to 2023s. However, at the dealer, 68606435AB comes in a box labeled CSTP13A1AA. Look at the picture in post #159 on page 8. We a being held hostage by the requirement that we have to have the “special” part number, installed by the dealer, to have the recall cleared when we could buy the part online, install it ourselves, and get reimbursement if we want to bother. The statement that a fix for 2022s was not yet available was BS. I don’t have a big issue with the whole recall occurence. Stuff happens and there is so much technology and so many moving parts on these trucks, I am bit surprised it doesn’t happen more often. It’s the misinformation and BS to control us that gets to me. If I’ve gotten something wrong here, please let me know.
Go to any mopar parts site that says it’s available to purchase, put it in your cart and order it, and see what happens. I bet the order gets kicked in about a day or two.

Ostracize

Reaction score
My guess is that dealers are directed to order CSTP13A1AA given that 13A is the recall and this is used to track the distribution of the parts related to the recall by FCA.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Just called four of the main online Mopar parts guys they will not sell it either.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Just called four of the main online Mopar parts guys they will not sell it either.

Due to limited supplies on this, some dealers are not selling these part. These parts are currently reserve for the dealer's customers and vehicles on their lot at the moment. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Interesting but, I guess, not a big surprise. There might be a supply limitation but I still don't buy that "a fix for 2022 is not yet available". It was available, just not prioritized.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Interesting but, I guess, not a big surprise. There might be a supply limitation but I still don't buy that "a fix for 2022 is not yet available". It was available, just not prioritized.
Correct, prioritized because of the short supply of them right now.
Also, all of the mopar parts sites online that you go to are actually just various dealership parts departments throughout the country that have set up websites to sell parts.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, prioritized because of the short supply of them right now.
Also, all of the mopar parts sites online that you go to are actually just various dealership parts departments throughout the country that have set up websites to sell parts.

Pretty much a thing across most industries. A parts aggregator with regional distro/logistics warehouse centers (like ProLogis and others) runs all the part websites for the "customer" and ships the products to the consumer.

There's a reason so many sites in similar industries have the same look and feel.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is that dealers are directed to order CSTP13A1AA given that 13A is the recall and this is used to track the distribution of the parts related to the recall by FCA.

Yes, as jimmy has explained in other instances, a unique dealer only "recall " part number is assigned. In some cases, like the Y78 HPFP recall, it consisted of a kit of multiple parts that the retail customer could not order/purchase using the same kit part number.

1981d50

Reaction score
picked up my sales hold 22 yesterday, still has the short dipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread