Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Cseybert

Reaction score
Its McKinney Ram in the DFW area's online store.

Currently in stock at time of posting this
So I ordered this last night. Get an email a little while ago saying that this product can only be sold to a ram technician or other.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
So I ordered this last night. Get an email a little while ago saying that this product can only be sold to a ram technician or other.
Hello,

Due to limited supplies on these parts, everything has to be done or order through the dealer. We do apologize for the inconvenience on this.

William
Ram Cares

Cseybert

Reaction score
I was told by not only local
Hello,

Due to limited supplies on these parts, everything has to be done or order through the dealer. We do apologize for the inconvenience on this.

William
Ram Cares
I was told by not only local ram dealers parts departments. They are available, but can only be replaced by ram service. Which I find is insulting to my intelligence, when I have the knowledge and the tools to do it myself and keep my truck from burning up.

Reactions: CFE

renagade69

Reaction score
once that business was posted Ram found out they sold them and stopped them from selling it. Should have offered their info in private only.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The killer bolt is still alive. Some blame the solenoid sticking and now the solid state relay issue

The killer bolt is a completely separate issue.

Which, as has been pointed out several times, a separate issue and thread.

Let's stay on topic here folks.

Reaction score
Which, as has been pointed out several times, a separate issue and thread.

Let's stay on topic here folks.

Will do.
Sorry about that.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Bought the relay yesterday afternoon from Tasca Automotive. No email yet that they are not shipping.
Put in an order for the relay on Saturday received email today they are canceling my order, product is on national back order. Right!!

Bombaman

Reaction score
Hello,

William
Ram Cares
Its LITTERALLY sold by a dealer.

mjlebsa

Reaction score
Getting mine replaced on my 22 next Thursday by a dealership mobile recall technician who’s coming to my house. We’ll see…fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hexplor1

Reaction score
I just got mine replaced at the dealer today on my 22. My diligence finally paid off as I've been calling all of my local Ram dealers every few days. They all said I'd be "on the list", but that didn't happen, of course so you gotta keep calling and hounding them. Parts are available, albeit only from the dealer at this point. I'm in the Northeast. Anyways, just glad to get this one done. :)

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Dealer called today. Scheduled mobile recall tech to come to my house and put into the new relay June 1. Will update after that.

Users who are viewing this thread