Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares?

Chris1911

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of the Mopar OEM pocket style flares for the 2019’s, paint matched. Just got them installed today.....

I just got those for mine. They are textured. Did you leave the texture in yours, or did they smooth them out? Looks smooth in the pics.

Tall Paul

Reaction score
Hey I just thought I would put out there What I did. I have a ‘19 Tradesman that I put oem flares on. As said above they are designed to be used with clips that go through the holes in the fenders. I reversed all the clips so the flat side was against the body and used 3M’s double sided tape on the clips to stick them to the body. They all seemed to stick well. I then cut down the original plastic guards on the bottom to fit around the flares. A pain but they’re on there.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Hey I just thought I would put out there What I did. I have a ‘19 Tradesman that I put oem flares on. As said above they are designed to be used with clips that go through the holes in the fenders. I reversed all the clips so the flat side was against the body and used 3M’s double sided tape on the clips to stick them to the body. They all seemed to stick well. I then cut down the original plastic guards on the bottom to fit around the flares. A pain but they’re on there.

Any chance you can get so close up photos.

BUzzard

Reaction score
BB4AE451-7D2F-44C8-B679-37BD24E77609.jpeg87EFDB01-CEBB-4C32-BA05-FFCB361859E0.jpeg.984C7032-1D6A-4F84-82E0-478AD254BD16.jpeg
I went with the Bushwacker flares and used black bolts instead of the stainless ones that came with the kit. The flares are the factory satin finish. I like the look so I probably won’t ever paint them....

Reaction score
Tell me more about these modifications
They have a couple pins that go in holes in the face of the fender, those are just to align the flare, so I cut those off. Then there are multiple clips that can easily be removed, these are what are suppose to hold the outer edge to the fender face.
I take my flares off quite frequently to clean behind them so I didn't 3M them to the face, but you could do that if you wanted to stop some of the dirt from getting in there. I also have bed liner behind them so I'm not worried about them scratching anything, but you might want to put something between them and your paint.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
They have a couple pins that go in holes in the face of the fender, those are just to align the flare, so I cut those off. Then there are multiple clips that can easily be removed, these are what are suppose to hold the outer edge to the fender face.
I take my flares off quite frequently to clean behind them so I didn't 3M them to the face, but you could do that if you wanted to stop some of the dirt from getting in there. I also have bed liner behind them so I'm not worried about them scratching anything, but you might want to put something between them and your paint.
Interesting. So the way I understand it is... Your flares are held in by the wheel well clips and the top edge along the fender face is loose. If this is true, is there a gap and do they flutter or rattle?

Reaction score
Interesting. So the way I understand it is... Your flares are held in by the wheel well clips and the top edge along the fender face is loose. If this is true, is there a gap and do they flutter or rattle?
Yes, that's how the flares on the 10-18 trucks were done as well, in later years they started to 3M the outer edges. And no, there is no gap, when I put the bolts in I made sure it was nice and tight against the face of the fender.

TophandRam

Reaction score
They need the holes as well.
If anyone is interested the part numbers for the four power wagon flares are
6MS35GXHAC
6MS34GXHAC
6MS36GXHAB
6MS37GXHAB
I just ordered these from (www.mymoparparts.com) for my 2019 with shipping $169.. thanks for the info I will follow the same approach Canadian Mopar did, definitely cheaper and its a factory part than some of the knock offs on ebay or Amazon.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I just ordered these from (www.mymoparparts.com) for my 2019 with shipping $169.. thanks for the info I will follow the same approach Canadian Mopar did, definitely cheaper and its a factory part than some of the knock offs on ebay or Amazon.

Do you know if those are the paintable or the black textured? EDIT: Disregard, I found a reference. They are the primed ones not the black.

Reaction score
Do you know if those are the paintable or the black textured? EDIT: Disregard, I found a reference. They are the primed ones not the black.
The power wagon ones with the indent on the top are black textured, not sure about the regular "Laramie" style ones.

Capital E

Reaction score
I ordered some Laramie ones. I'll take some pics when they show up. Haven't decided yet if I will leave them black or paint match them with the truck.

TophandRam

Reaction score
An update on the new fender flares, I had ordered a set of 2019/20 Power Wagon oem fender flares about $165 including shipping.
These are nice, wider than the stock oem painted type flares,
Since my truck didnt come with these and on the new body style the fenders have holes to clip these in, I used a set of diagonal cutters and cut off all the push in clips and a few molded parts designed to align the fenders.
Added a piece of 3m double sided molding tape on each white clip . I had to remove all the inner fender bolts 8mm socket I think, removed the lower moldings.
Bolted each one and pushed the upper fender so the tape sticks. They fit great , on the rear fenders you will need to add a two screws a few flat washers and nut since the flares have these holes and truck already has the holes..
Beginning to end about 2 hours to install, it was hot and i went slow, I think they look great and will help out when I level the truck and go to 35x12.50's

Attachments

• 20200703_164002.jpg
    20200703_164002.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 20200703_164020.jpg
    20200703_164020.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 313

Squatch

Reaction score
Part number for the flares are: 50930-02
Part number for the bolts are: 100034-01
I jumped on amazon today and there was a $75 off coupon with it. Got the black bolts and the flares for 415 bucks all said and done.

dean.fritz10

Reaction score
Is the rear flares for the dually same as the fleetsides?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread