Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares?

RTillery

Reaction score
I ordered a Bighorn mostly because I wanted the Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, but later, I realized it doesn't come with fender flares. I've been researching and getting mixed messages on what will fit. Mopar doesn't show anything for the 19 HDs yet. Bushwacker told me that they are the same opening as the 18s but their web site doesn't show the 19s. Has anybody else done any searching and found out if the fender openings are the same?

CumminsTwang

Reaction score
I have ordered a set of 2019 Laramie Flares. Didn't really like what was out there for the aftermarket...

Bighorn

Reaction score
I installed a set of the black factory Off Road package Mopar flares for a 2018. They fit nearly perfect and all the holes matched. The front ones needed to have one plastic alignment pin cut off. My truck is all silver so i think the flares look good black274

bobohio

Reaction score
I installed a set of the black factory Off Road package Mopar flares for a 2018. They fit nearly perfect and all the holes matched. The front ones needed to have one plastic alignment pin cut off. My truck is all silver so i think the flares look good blackView attachment 274
Looks awesome!

Bighorn

Reaction score
no, not factory mud flaps. just some cheap generic ones i got at the local auto parts store. With the new tires and wheels, i want to replace them with nicer ones.

RTillery

Reaction score
I installed a set of the black factory Off Road package Mopar flares for a 2018. They fit nearly perfect and all the holes matched. The front ones needed to have one plastic alignment pin cut off. My truck is all silver so i think the flares look good blackView attachment 274
Bighorn, I like your truck. I have a loaded 3500 White Bighorn that just landed in Idaho today. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up for two weeks. I'm planning on OE fender flares but can't find any part numbers for a 2019. I've even been told the older ones won't fit, but you've proved a couple of parts guys wrong. I see the little accent line on the front flare that lined up on the 4th gens but I think it is kind of cool. You wouldn't be able to come up with a part number on your set of flares would you? Thanks Mucho!

Bighorn

Reaction score
Thank you for the complement. The MOPAR part number i purchased for the flares was 82212208AC (RAM Wheel Lip Molding). I bought them from a local dealer, went to install them and relized i had two Left Rear flares (along with the proper fronts). I had to retern them for another set that had the left and right rears. Minor set back.... I had them installed in about 3 hours. I have installed flares before on past trucks, so felt pretty comfortable with it. There was a couple plastic factory little trim pieces i had to remove, but they just snapped off. The flares themselves went on real easy and i really like the look.

RTillery

Reaction score
Thanks Bighorn, I should have my truck before the end of the month and I'm going to order a set of these. I'll also do some kind of mud flap for long term protection. My old 04 had 470,000 miles and still looked good wearing the "road condoms". A little protection early can make a difference in the long run. I've heard aftermarket flares with the rubber moulded strip between the body and flare wears holes in your paint. OEM for me. Have you picked out any mud flaps yet?

ramblinman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been researching this topic after getting my 2019 2500 Bighorn Crew cab in July. They messed up my truck order so I didn't get the offroad package, which might be a good thing, but no flares on my truck either. Round 1 -I order flares from the dealer and they gave me Stampede flares, OEM style, but I had to remove the Ram trim pieces(on the rocker and edge of fender well) to get them to fit so I returned. I didn't get warm and fuzzy on the fit on the fender either. My thought is I wanted flares that integrate with the factory moldings to protect the rockers. FYI I put on universal gatorbacks flaps and really liked them and they will work with flares, fronts need a p./n change if you add flares. Round 2- the dealership really despised me now, so we looked at the 2019 Laramie 3500 flares on the showroom floor and I said, see that's what I want, integrated flares. So they pulled the Laramie VIN and looked up parts for the Laramie and ordered. Order included new trim pieces that integrate with the flares. Got the parts, nope, the flares require you to have holes in your fenders where the plastic nubs on the flares would fasten to the fender hole, essentially a new design for flare mounting, per the accessories guy, who was surprised as well about the new design. So, new flares will not work on trucks without flares (At least Laramie flares), and said holes, from the factory. Round 3- found this new part number from Mopar online part 82215817, problem is no one has any info on exactly what they look like or mount, just a few pics of them on a PW online and on YT. I emailed Mopar online and they had no other info from their Star Parts system. My accessories guy didn't have any new info either. Found cheapest pair in Athens GA Ram dealership $395 plus $25 shipping. Who wants to gamble? For the paint damage issues, guys are putting 3M paint protestor tape around the edge of the flares that sits between the flare rubber gasket and fender, sounds like it works, but need to find tape that is flexible to follow flare contour. I ordered some cheap stuff off Amazon that is good, but would be hard to create a radius to follow the contour, someone recommend this tape instead, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CWZWX2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1, so gonna go that route if I find flares. It appears these flares integrate with trim pieces.1061

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone try to install the new 2019 OEM flares on the MOPAR website? Looking to get theses.

Actually pictured: https://www.ebay.com/i/283604029814...eg_UaYr8RGN41MGxzvtfP9Tdcr60Ki1RoClgsQAvD_BwE

Also want to add OEM Flaps.

ramblinman

Reaction score
I went with the Mopar OEM for 2018, they fit perfectly, but you have to remove the fender and trim portectors, looks like these 2019 flares allow the trim pieces to remain. Check around, I see these new flares for $420 at other sites.

spike2c

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been researching this topic after getting my 2019 2500 Bighorn Crew cab in July. They messed up my truck order so I didn't get the offroad package, which might be a good thing, but no flares on my truck either. Round 1 -I order flares from the dealer and they gave me Stampede flares, OEM style, but I had to remove the Ram trim pieces(on the rocker and edge of fender well) to get them to fit so I returned. I didn't get warm and fuzzy on the fit on the fender either. My thought is I wanted flares that integrate with the factory moldings to protect the rockers. FYI I put on universal gatorbacks flaps and really liked them and they will work with flares, fronts need a p./n change if you add flares. Round 2- the dealership really despised me now, so we looked at the 2019 Laramie 3500 flares on the showroom floor and I said, see that's what I want, integrated flares. So they pulled the Laramie VIN and looked up parts for the Laramie and ordered. Order included new trim pieces that integrate with the flares. Got the parts, nope, the flares require you to have holes in your fenders where the plastic nubs on the flares would fasten to the fender hole, essentially a new design for flare mounting, per the accessories guy, who was surprised as well about the new design. So, new flares will not work on trucks without flares (At least Laramie flares), and said holes, from the factory. Round 3- found this new part number from Mopar online part 82215817, problem is no one has any info on exactly what they look like or mount, just a few pics of them on a PW online and on YT. I emailed Mopar online and they had no other info from their Star Parts system. My accessories guy didn't have any new info either. Found cheapest pair in Athens GA Ram dealership $395 plus $25 shipping. Who wants to gamble? For the paint damage issues, guys are putting 3M paint protestor tape around the edge of the flares that sits between the flare rubber gasket and fender, sounds like it works, but need to find tape that is flexible to follow flare contour. I ordered some cheap stuff off Amazon that is good, but would be hard to create a radius to follow the contour, someone recommend this tape instead, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CWZWX2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1, so gonna go that route if I find flares. It appears these flares integrate with trim pieces.View attachment 1061
did you find flares yet? Pictures?

ramblinman

Reaction score
I did find flares. A guy near me had some of the 2018 flares from Mopar, brand new. I put those on vs the new flares by mopar that have the faux bolts showing. The only issue was the existing trim molding on the back side of front wheel and front and backside of rear wheels had to be removed. Ram changed the wheel well molding from 18 to 19. I tried to modified those new moldings to fit the old flares but was too difficult to get cut correctly, so I just removed the moldings. Other than the moldings, the flares fit great and match the body contours. I also put some paint protection tape under where the flares tape to the fender to avoid the paint wear that many talk bout. This worked good, had a couple of spots were the flare separated from the body when I ran thru car wash first time, but restuck to fender and no issues since, but I didn't wipe down protective tape before flare install on top, I would do that. Just putting pressure a on the flares to restick again worked fine, without a repat issue. I think the way the flares install as you mount first and then pull tape and stick, and the amount of pressure from mount screws plays into this., if you are anal about this stuff like me. So far, no separation and I really like the look and fit.

Attachments

• 20191029_131523.jpg
    20191029_131523.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 472
  • 20191029_131645.jpg
    20191029_131645.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 454
  • 20191029_131657.jpg
    20191029_131657.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 437

Cowboyup1494

Reaction score
So I’m on the hunt for flares as well. I’ve ordered a 2018 set as it seemed like the best option out there since I didn’t want the rivet look of the ONLY style mopar is offering. But I’m having second thoughts now as I’d really like to keep the plastic trim along the bottom, especially with my 8ft box.
Has anyone actually got a set of the new 19 flares? I’d also like to have them painted to match body. C077C103-59DF-4F1D-A1E5-CFBB71590859.jpeg

Reaction score
So I’m on the hunt for flares as well. I’ve ordered a 2018 set as it seemed like the best option out there since I didn’t want the rivet look of the ONLY style mopar is offering. But I’m having second thoughts now as I’d really like to keep the plastic trim along the bottom, especially with my 8ft box.
Has anyone actually got a set of the new 19 flares? I’d also like to have them painted to match body. View attachment 1677
Just got them in from the dealer took a long time for some reason, got the flaps too. Here are some pics. I love them and the fact they bold on so quickly I may take them off annually or even more to clean up anything stuck behind there. Got them for rot protection not really looks but boy they look great.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_081125.jpg
    IMG_20191105_081125.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_20191105_081135.jpg
    IMG_20191105_081135.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20191105_081141.jpg
    IMG_20191105_081141.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 394
  • MVIMG_20191105_081121.jpg
    MVIMG_20191105_081121.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 421
  • MVIMG_20191105_081201.jpg
    MVIMG_20191105_081201.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 421

Cowboyup1494

Reaction score
Just got them in from the dealer took a long time for some reason, got the flaps too. Here are some pics. I love them and the fact they bold on so quickly I may take them off annually or even more to clean up anything stuck behind there. Got them for rot protection not really looks but boy they look great.

that’s for the pics!!Sounds like an easy install, exactly what I’m looking for. I’m still just torn on the “bolt on” look. Why can’t mopar just put out the stock looking oe ones for 19s already!?!

Zrojas

Reaction score
that’s for the pics!!Sounds like an easy install, exactly what I’m looking for. I’m still just torn on the “bolt on” look. Why can’t mopar just put out the stock looking oe ones for 19s already!?!
What do you mean by put out the stock looking ones? You can buy the stock OE flares, they are like $40 a piece.

Right front: 6MS44TZZAC
Left front: 6MS45TZZAC
Right rear: 6MS42TZZAB
Left rear: 6MS43TZZAB

I looked them up for my truck, which is silver, and then using a VIN for a red truck and they were the same part number. I fairly certain you'll have to get them painted to match.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread