Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

Which additive do you use? (those mixing select all that apply)

• Total voters

MikeXM

Reaction score
Funny that me putting this crap in probably won't do anything and I'll still lose the pump at 8k and some other guy that never changes filters and buys the cheapest diesel he can find will go to 300k.
Yes, that's pretty much how it works. Lol

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The 12.5% power gain is probably documented somewhere in case they are brought to court on this claim. But it must be in a very specific scenario, where everything was badly aligned until they added the fuel additive. In real life, the gain must but low but still there.

I don't think anyone really expect a significant power increase or reduction in fuel or regen cycles. But, a bit of everything and mostly pump savings properties.

At least, that is how I see it.
Edt is a very good multi vitamin and lx4 is the secret lubritive elixir sauce. Technically speaking

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I am good with the stock power and mpg. All I want is protection and cleanliness.

All the other claims make it look like the marketing you see on man in a can (weight gainer) or As Seen On TV garbage.

They probably gain more customers with wild claims than they lose on skeptical car guys like me.

I've seen Power Service is recommended by Cummins but its all surely a paid endorsement deal. Like Turbo Tax being the official tax prep of the NFL even though they're all using independent tax professionals. On some of the wear scar tests I've seen, they offer far lower protection than all the others.

zhauler

Reaction score
I am good with the stock power and mpg. All I want is protection and cleanliness.

All the other claims make it look like the marketing you see on man in a can (weight gainer) or As Seen On TV garbage.

They probably gain more customers with wild claims than they lose on skeptical car guys like me.

I've seen Power Service is recommended by Cummins but its all surely a paid endorsement deal. Like Turbo Tax being the official tax prep of the NFL even though they're all using independent tax professionals. On some of the wear scar tests I've seen, they offer far lower protection than all the others.

I tend to agree with most marketing strategies, however, I don't need turbo tax to make a living...

cummins says they recommend power service, that's what the truck gets... ;)

heyguy

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube. It's readily available where I am and likely better than nothing. Prob add it to every tank.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lube. It's readily available where I am and likely better than nothing. Prob add it to every tank.
Definitely way better than the wally world howies brand that I used on the first 6500 miles. Now that was better than nothing but barely:D

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Power Service, Howes and Lucas all seem to be lacking in the tests I've scoured. Hot Shot's Secret and Optilube seem to be the ones with the best wear scar scoring. I'd like to see non-sponsored tests of LX4, but that looks to be the best defense out there for the CP4 grenade.

Although I've seen zero proof, the way the world works has me convinced Power Service's Cummins endorsement is just a money deal between them. That stuff generally gets beat up by everything that goes against it from what I've seen.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Power Service, Howes and Lucas all seem to be lacking in the tests I've scoured. Hot Shot's Secret and Optilube seem to be the ones with the best wear scar scoring. I'd like to see non-sponsored tests of LX4, but that looks to be the best defense out there for the CP4 grenade.

Although I've seen zero proof, the way the world works has me convinced Power Service's Cummins endorsement is just a money deal between them. That stuff generally gets beat up by everything that goes against it from what I've seen.
I agree. At least the LX4 seems to have been formulated exactly for the CP4 problem with ULSD. So in theory it should be a better product than a "do it all lubrication" additive.

More info here:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just want to drop the Mic and pass along a 15% discount code from savings.com I used for the gallon jug of lx4 from hot shot I just ordered.
HOT15
I went to one of those online coupon sites and punched that in and it actually worked, don't normally get that lucky. $9 off a $60 order. I'll take it
Now if I could only punch a 15% coupon code for naviks I'd sign up :p

MikeXM

Reaction score
Hey all, just want to drop the Mic and pass along a 15% discount code from savings.com I used for the gallon jug of lx4 from hot shot I just ordered.
HOT15
I went to one of those online coupon sites and punched that in and it actually worked, don't normally get that lucky. $9 off a $60 order. I'll take it
Rich, try this code on Naviks checkout screen: IAMTOOCHEAPTOPAYNEGOGIATEDGROUPBUYPLEASEADD20PERCENTTOMYORDER

Last edited:

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
HOT15

Sign up for their email list and they'll pop a code up and send out a 1qt ($25) bottle of EDT with an order over $50. I would have used your code (it applied) but was -$9 instead of -$25 (they don't stack).

I already carry an additive only funnel in a gallon ziplock with the 16oz squeeze EDT in one of my in floor storage boxes. I'm off to Amazon to get some ounce measuring cups for these larger sized jugs. Probably get some Nalgene bottles to hold the EDT and LX4 in smaller quantities.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sign up for their email list and they'll pop a code up and send out a 1qt ($25) bottle of EDT with an order over $50. I would have used your code (it applied) but was -$9 instead of -$25 (they don't stack).

I already carry an additive only funnel in a gallon ziplock with the 16oz squeeze EDT in one of my in floor storage boxes. I'm off to Amazon to get some ounce measuring cups for these larger sized jugs. Probably get some Nalgene bottles to hold the EDT and LX4 in smaller quantities.
Thats a great deal, i signed up 2wks ago, don't know why I didn't get that. O.W.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I'm off to Amazon to get some ounce measuring cups for these larger sized jugs. Probably get some Nalgene bottles to hold the EDT and LX4 in smaller quantities.
I find out that large syringes with tubing works best for that.
Similar to these ones:

Also I use empty bottles from "fuel injector cleaner" that are made for capless fuel tanks (long neck bottles). That's an idea I got from another forum.

Last edited:

Zeroday

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread