Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

Which additive do you use? (those mixing select all that apply)

• Total voters

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Yes the Diesel Kleen additive is mixed in on some gas station here to make the Diesel #2 winter ready.
Why do you guys use the additive? Is that just to save your high pressure pumps CP4? Or do you do it to keep the engine "clean"?
Wouldn't the dealer take care of a damaged pump and you'd rather have it fail during warranty than afterwards?
Thanks.

scrmblr2

Reaction score
So here is my .02$
I had used stanadyne on my ‘99 f350….then I got turned onto arch oil….
Funniest part about the story, the image on the top of that site is a Cummins. Which is now what I am running the leftover arch oil in. I will let you know in 5-10 years when my warranty is over if it did any good.

Prior to owning diesel….snake oil comes to mind. But research about sulfur in diesel converted tome to do something. I hate getting “smarter”. I

Boltripper

Reaction score
Appreciate all the knowledge here in this forum and thread. As I wait for my 2024, are they running the CP3 now, or will I still have a CP4?
With a new truck, and wanting to treat the diesel fuel , is the EDT best for a 24MY assuming it does not have the CP4?

Kind regards,

John

flan

Reaction score
Appreciate all the knowledge here in this forum and thread. As I wait for my 2024, are they running the CP3 now, or will I still have a CP4?
With a new truck, and wanting to treat the diesel fuel , is the EDT best for a 24MY assuming it does not have the CP4?

Kind regards,

John
You will have the CP3. CP4 was only out for 2 model years, then changed to CP3 again and those 2 model years were recalled and replaced. Other than winter anti gel additives fuel treatments are generally discouraged.

Users who are viewing this thread