Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

Which additive do you use? (those mixing select all that apply)

• Total voters

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I'm rather optimistic though that adding 3 to 8 ounces of additive to a 32 gallon tank of fuel which equates to over 4,000 ounces, that the additive isn't totally diluted away to nothing, thus having no value at all! But since I ran over 110,000 miles on the EcoDiesel with no fuel pump issues, I'll keep using the additive!

I am a municipal water plant operator by trade. You'd be surprised what a little of a something can affect a lot of a something.

I need that syringe. When I ordered, did I miss it?

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
I been running edt, ordered the syringe thinking about adding a bottle of lx4 to a gallon of edt(boost the lube #) and using that from now on. Its a shame on a 78k truck i need to do this but my luck if i dont 5 days after my warrenty my cp4 would blow up...better safe than sorry

UglyViking

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place you can buy long neck bottles for single use additives? I'm currently using the EDT squeeze bottle but after looking at how much cheaper it is to buy in bulk I plan to just order a gal or EDT and a gal of DWAG and buy a few 4oz bottles that I can fill additive into so I'm not having to pull out the little funnel every fill up.

The only other thing I can think of would be to find single use bottles with long necks and then just repurpose them, but I'd rather not risk using something subpar or just dump it since that seems wasteful.

Also surprising to me anyway, there is a patent to the long neck bottle. You read that right, someone has a patent that expires in 2034 for a bottle with a long neck.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
I just repurposed a bottle of "heat" has a great neck on it, for edt/lx4 mix to keep in truck for trip refills, at house i use syringe to add to truck(and refill truck bottle when needed). I use a skinny funnel to open up tank fill neck flaps and just slide hose down off syringe. Keeps things real clean, i hate useing funnels for actual fluids! Makes me even happier i have a 50 ga and am going to add a aux soon to take it 110 total, so i dont have to always hassle with it.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place you can buy long neck bottles for single use additives? I'm currently using the EDT squeeze bottle but after looking at how much cheaper it is to buy in bulk I plan to just order a gal or EDT and a gal of DWAG and buy a few 4oz bottles that I can fill additive into so I'm not having to pull out the little funnel every fill up.

The only other thing I can think of would be to find single use bottles with long necks and then just repurpose them, but I'd rather not risk using something subpar or just dump it since that seems wasteful.

Also surprising to me anyway, there is a patent to the long neck bottle. You read that right, someone has a patent that expires in 2034 for a bottle with a long neck.
Looked for them but couldn't find any. So I just bought 2 bottles of Gumout injectors cleaner and drop them into 2 cars. And now they work great for diesel additives.

BTroupe

Reaction score
What is the shelf life once opened for the EDT? I'm only averaging 500 miles a month, it'd take me a bit to use a gallon.

MikeXM

Reaction score
What is the shelf life once opened for the EDT? I'm only averaging 500 miles a month, it'd take me a bit to use a gallon.
Good question. Never seen it on any product documentation. Which makes me think it is long, otherwise they would publish a number?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I doubt there is a “shelf life”. Only thing you may want to do is shake it up before use after extended sitting periods.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Ok, so I was half right.....or half wrong.lol! Just make sure you drive the truck more.

Catmechanic

Reaction score
Try code 32zEDT

That's the one that popped up after I entered email.
Thanks for posting that. Their current code is for free winter anti-gel, which living in Oklahoma isn't really much of an issue. I used the code you shared and it still worked as of today.

Catmechanic

Reaction score
FYI anyone up north interested in the free anti-gel offer from HSS the code is ANTIGELFIRST and it requires a $25 purchase.

rfs830

Reaction score
I picked up some 32oz bottles off amazon and have been using them to put EDT into after I bought a gallon of it. Here is a link to the 8ox bottle which I think I will get next as I like the smaller size of them.

Zsholc13

Reaction score
I'm using a large syringe with tubing from amazon to transfer from the gallon jug. It just works great. No mess.

I use two "capless compatible bottles" to hold the additive until fill-up's.
Hey man i know this post is kinda old what exactly did you order wanting to refill my bottle bc it’s easier to fill my small Lucas bottles from the squeeze container I tried a syringe and hose from there but it didn’t work hose barely went past the first bend so it just kept filling the top one ounce measure spot

MikeXM

Reaction score
Hey man i know this post is kinda old what exactly did you order wanting to refill my bottle bc it’s easier to fill my small Lucas bottles from the squeeze container I tried a syringe and hose from there but it didn’t work hose barely went past the first bend so it just kept filling the top one ounce measure spot

I don't use the squeeze bottles anymore. But I found out those bottles actually have a removable cap in the bottom of the one ounce measure. If you have thin long nose pliers I think you can remove it. You can then fill the bottle easily and put the cap back. I have not tried this tho.

I am now using the following pump directly on the gallon jug. So much easier and fast.
https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W1139-Gallon-Design/dp/B00329VL3G

I marked my fill bottles to the exact level I want them and using the pump above is a charm. By far the fastest method yet.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if where I can buy a clean bottle like the stabil bottles?? I like the long neck pour section.

Users who are viewing this thread