Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I havent, but the seat of the pants test says its much better than stock. Also noted higher boost pressure on the guage, higher RPM before shift, and quicker downshift and response instead of the lag you get when hitting the pedal hard.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. The quicker downshift is a big one.

RSA964993

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought the package from Duramax and installed it last weekend. Pretty straightforward plugging in the bypass cable to the OBD2 port. After that it was following the instructions that were part of the package and basically using the app to communicate with the EZ link. I did the street tune and the entire reflash sequence took about 10-15 minutes. A huge difference in terms of power and throttle response. It’s like I got a new truck. Throttle response is a 100% improvement. My truck is a 2021 6.7 and from the moment I got it I felt like it was just gearing up and lugging. Any time I needed to accelerate it almost felt programmed to make it a slow response. Very happy so far. I’ll do the light tow tune next weekend as I’m pulling my enclosed race car trailer to VIR Thanksgiving week.

Rgpracer

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought the package from Duramax and installed it last weekend. Pretty straightforward plugging in the bypass cable to the OBD2 port. After that it was following the instructions that were part of the package and basically using the app to communicate with the EZ link. I did the street tune and the entire reflash sequence took about 10-15 minutes. A huge difference in terms of power and throttle response. It’s like I got a new truck. Throttle response is a 100% improvement. My truck is a 2021 6.7 and from the moment I got it I felt like it was just gearing up and lugging. Any time I needed to accelerate it almost felt programmed to make it a slow response. Very happy so far. I’ll do the light tow tune next weekend as I’m pulling my enclosed race car trailer to VIR Thanksgiving week.
I am quite unhappy with the shifting of my 2020, especially when pulling my 5'r. Truck seems to lug in between gears and bogs down....not due to lack of power, but shifting is draggy.
I am about to change trucks to a Duramax with the Allison 10 speed if i can't find a resolve to this.
Can you tell me more of which tuner you bought?
You said it's a "package from Duramax" tuner?
Thanks Sir

RSA964993

Reaction score
Here is the link. It‘s Calibrated Power via Duramax.

I know very little about trucks as this is my first one but I’ve noticed the transmission will make some incredibly hard or clunky shifts. That’s when towing, not towing upshifting or downshifting. I’m assuming it’s the nature of a HD truck.

RSA964993

Reaction score
I posted before I finished. The shift points after the tune are WAY better. I’d definitely go the Calibrated Power route to experience what is designed to be a better tow experience before getting a new truck. Small investment vs buying a new truck!

woodrow

Reaction score
I recommend trying calibrated power, customer services has been great and the tunes are great also. I've been using them for sometime now in my 2020 2500 and it made a world of difference. I've been thru all the tunes besides the race tune, the street tune was fun. I just don't trust my foot and the 68rfe on street. I now keep it on heavy tow with elevated shift points. Light tow is good also, I just don't want to have to switch back and forth when I tow my 5th wheel.
I am quite unhappy with the shifting of my 2020, especially when pulling my 5'r. Truck seems to lug in between gears and bogs down....not due to lack of power, but shifting is draggy.
I am about to change trucks to a Duramax with the Allison 10 speed if i can't find a resolve to this.
Can you tell me more of which tuner you bought?
You said it's a "package from Duramax" tuner?
Thanks Sir

Rantrx

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been covered but I’m gonna be lazy and not read through 9 pages. What’s the best tuners for these beasts. Buying a 2022

RSA964993

Reaction score
I did read the threads and ended up buying Calibrated Power. It’s Been great. I’m daily driving my truck more solely because of the street tune. It makes that much of a difference.

Rgpracer

Reaction score
I recommend trying calibrated power, customer services has been great and the tunes are great also. I've been using them for sometime now in my 2020 2500 and it made a world of difference. I've been thru all the tunes besides the race tune, the street tune was fun. I just don't trust my foot and the 68rfe on street. I now keep it on heavy tow with elevated shift points. Light tow is good also, I just don't want to have to switch back and forth when I tow my 5th wheel.
Woodrow, I've decided to give Calibrated a try...$1300 is way cheaper than trading trucks, besides, I really like the Cummins power.
Thanks for everything.
Ray

woodrow

Reaction score
Woodrow, I've decided to give Calibrated a try...$1300 is way cheaper than trading trucks, besides, I really like the Cummins power.
Thanks for everything.
Ray
Good deal, you won't be disappointed. Make sure you don't accelerate more than 50% for 25 miles or so after you install the tune and best to do that in the city to shift thru all the gears as much as possible. It's for the transmission to relearn.

John Jensen

Reaction score
With the coming pump recall, I'd caution anyone with a 19-20 CTD to hold off on tuning.
Brutal,
That's a good cautionary, however, it is a safety recall and I believe they would have to do the replacement regardless of truck mods, including the deleted ones.

Firebird

Reaction score
For those of you running the Calibrated tune, are you seeing any increase in fuel economy?

John Jensen

Reaction score
For those of you running the Calibrated tune, are you seeing any increase in fuel economy?
I can't say as I've had it since 3000 miles. Don't know what a broken in HO mileage might be.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hard to answer as I only use this truck towing and trips.
My trips are San Diego to Eastern Oregon, 1925 miles roundtrip. Basically not loaded, only 2 people and 2 weeks of clothing and fishing gear plus the normal 500lbs of stuff. I was averaging 15+ MPG. Then it began increasing, one leg at 18.8. I have noticed an increase while towing as well. Not sure when it's considered totally broken in, but I am realizing an increase in MPG at 5900 mile on the odometer. Here's a breakdown of two Oregon trips ending at 6363 miles.

Attachments

• 01-2021-Fishing Expenses.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 26

Firebird

Reaction score
I tow 9000 to 10,000 pounds when camping, and I only average around 10.5 mpg, but I have a dually. Another 2mpg would be awesome if possible. Haven't done an unloaded trip, as we use the truck to pull the camper

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Hard to answer as I only use this truck towing and trips.
My trips are San Diego to Eastern Oregon, 1925 miles roundtrip. Basically not loaded, only 2 people and 2 weeks of clothing and fishing gear plus the normal 500lbs of stuff. I was averaging 15+ MPG. Then it began increasing, one leg at 18.8. I have noticed an increase while towing as well. Not sure when it's considered totally broken in, but I am realizing an increase in MPG at 5900 mile on the odometer. Here's a breakdown of two Oregon trips ending at 6363 miles.

Fantastic.. nice work documenting

Users who are viewing this thread