Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

tkbenziger

Reaction score
2022s are not able to be tuned. Waiting for the software to be released, should be soon. We are anxiously waiting.

Has there been any update on the 2022?

If I tune I really want to use Calibrated but I haven’t heard anything on the 22 model year..

RSA964993

Reaction score
I haven’t chimed in for a bit but wanted to say for those who haven’t done the tune, it’s so worth it. I tow occasionally and the SOTF makes it so easy to change the tune to one of the towing options and when done, right back to the awesome modified street tune. All of the annoying things that you may never have noticed about your truck, will be come very clear once you get this. The support on this forum has been incredible for installing it, and the guys at Duramax are awesome. Very responsive and helpful.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Is anybody daily driving on the Sport/Race tune?
I don't use calibrated but my tunes are similar power levels

I keep mine on street tune which is 120HP and 3rd out of the 4 levels i don't drive it hard anymore as there is tons of power, milage is great. When towing or plowing i will drop it to the towing power level 1

Last edited:

RSA964993

Reaction score
I left mine in light tow mode after I dropped my trailer recently. I like how quick it is off the line. Otherwise I have it in optimal street tune. I have yet to put it in Max race or whatever it’s called. Slow elephants are horrible at stopping and turning, fast elephants are much worse at this.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I left mine in light tow mode after I dropped my trailer recently. I like how quick it is off the line. Otherwise I have it in optimal street tune. I have yet to put it in Max race or whatever it’s called. Slow elephants are horrible at stopping and turning, fast elephants are much worse at this.
I've left mine on heavy tow after dropping off my travel trailer. It too is quick off the line and a nice daily driver tune. That said, except for the Sport/Race tune, I think any of the others make a good daily driver it you drive sane.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the Street tune. Haven't really explored the others yet, or towed since the flash.

Firebird

Reaction score
Does the Calibrated tune turn off the 24 hour programmed regen cycle?

cmc76

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there as i had my tune done on Friday. I live close enough i was able to go in to their facility. Impressive place, not only do they make their own products, they have some really impressive builds on hand.
Anthony took me around, tour of the facility. in under an hour they had everything installed including the knob to go between tunes. I gave it maybe 60 miles before getting on it, but in the meantime i did not notice any hard shifting or harshness. I know i have the ability to change between 3 trans tunes, but i like where it is for the time being. I have been mainly on switch position 3 which is the street tune. smooth acceleration with no dead pedal. and when you put your foot in it.......its just not the same truck anymore. i have not had it long enough to monitor mpg or def consumption. I generally drive at high speed but not that agressively.

John Jensen

Reaction score
You'
Just wanted to throw this out there as i had my tune done on Friday. I live close enough i was able to go in to their facility. Impressive place, not only do they make their own products, they have some really impressive builds on hand.
Anthony took me around, tour of the facility. in under an hour they had everything installed including the knob to go between tunes. I gave it maybe 60 miles before getting on it, but in the meantime i did not notice any hard shifting or harshness. I know i have the ability to change between 3 trans tunes, but i like where it is for the time being. I have been mainly on switch position 3 which is the street tune. smooth acceleration with no dead pedal. and when you put your foot in it.......its just not the same truck anymore. i have not had it long enough to monitor mpg or def consumption. I generally drive at high speed but not that agressively.
You don't say what tranny you have. I have Calibrated's tunes and the Aisin tranny. Calibrated is unable to tune the Aisim. They can tune the SO's 68 tranny but I've never heard of "the ability to change between 3 trans tunes". How do you do that?

Their SOTF switch has 5 settings, four are higher horsepower and torque tunes, and one is their optimized stock tune (setting 5). I have found the optimized stock tune is excellent for local driving. On trips I select the tune according to what I'm towing or if empty. I only use the sport, formerly race, tune #4 when I need to embarrass a Ford. :D

It was great you had the opportunity to tour their facility. Their service and help has been excellent. Enjoy!

cmc76

Reaction score
I
You'

You don't say what tranny you have. I have Calibrated's tunes and the Aisin tranny. Calibrated is unable to tune the Aisim. They can tune the SO's 68 tranny but I've never heard of "the ability to change between 3 trans tunes". How do you do that?

Their SOTF switch has 5 settings, four are higher horsepower and torque tunes, and one is their optimized stock tune (setting 5). I have found the optimized stock tune is excellent for local driving. On trips I select the tune according to what I'm towing or if empty. I only use the sport, formerly race, tune #4 when I need to embarrass a Ford. :D

It was great you had the opportunity to tour their facility. Their service and help has been excellent. Enjoy!
I do not have the HO, i have the 68. And the trans adjustments are not available on the fly like the tunes themselves. Based on my understanding the trans tune would be flashed to adjust.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I

I do not have the HO, i have the 68. And the trans adjustments are not available on the fly like the tunes themselves. Based on my understanding the trans tune would be flashed to adjust.
Thanks for explaining. I did not know that

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I

I recommend the mid level trans tuning as the shift pattern is way better than the original what would be your #1 trans tune!

cmc76

Reaction score
Is anybody daily driving on the Sport/Race tune?
I have been driving mainly in the " Street" tune. Ive had it a month maybe? i dont really get on it that much, where it sees most of its potential used is when i want to accelerate or pass quickly while driving. The acceleration from cruising is truly night and day different. Ive looked down to see im at 90 mph a few times before even realizing

Ziggy

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining. I did not know that
Hey John, You helped me out 2 years ago when I installed the EZLynk 2 on my 21 2500. I took a hiatus and had a TRX for the past year, but regretted trading my red 2500 Limited for it. So I am back with a 23 Blue limited and just got eh EZLynk 3. Got it plugged in and discovered a nasty change RAM made, in that I can no longer remove or exceed the factory speed limiter. I can do other things such as TPMS thresholds and fog light dropout, but no more altering the speed limiter. I spoke with Duramaxtuner and they are working on tuning programs for the 23s, since RAM changed some things in the PCM.

My question is what can you share about how to get the speed limiter removed? Even if I use another product?

Thanks!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hey John, You helped me out 2 years ago when I installed the EZLynk 2 on my 21 2500. I took a hiatus and had a TRX for the past year, but regretted trading my red 2500 Limited for it. So I am back with a 23 Blue limited and just got eh EZLynk 3. Got it plugged in and discovered a nasty change RAM made, in that I can no longer remove or exceed the factory speed limiter. I can do other things such as TPMS thresholds and fog light dropout, but no more altering the speed limiter. I spoke with Duramaxtuner and they are working on tuning programs for the 23s, since RAM changed some things in the PCM.

My question is what can you share about how to get the speed limiter removed? Even if I use another product?

Thanks!
Ziggy, Congrats on your new ride.
Here's the Alfa settings:
Truck Speed - Maximum:
Car Model> Ram 3500> Function> Engine> Select Control Unit>
Diesel Cummins 2018+ MY2013+ Powernet> Connect> Select Hood Open icon>
Select Procedure to Start> Set Max Vehicle Speed> Program Customer Features>
Enter Speed> KPH

Maybe my story is why it's no longer in EZ Lynk
I just tried this on my 2020 and now have to go to the dealer to get my PCM reflashed back to OEM settings.
It was my own fault because I entered the new maximum speed in MPH, it has to be in KPH. My entry was accepted but Alpha (or the PCM, not sure) converted my MPH entry to the equivalent KPH, so now my truck's maximum speed is 69MPH. And tried as hard as I could, I was locked out from correcting it. What I have since learned from Google is you can only change the OEM maximum speed setting one time. Only a dealer can make the next change. So, do this with some caution.

I did the same with Maximum Cruise Control (MPH instead of KPH). Now my Cruise will only set up to 53 MPH. And like Maximum Speed, I cannot correct it.

Those two entries produced two permanent codes, U0415 and U1412.

Sorry for the lengthy reply but I don't want you to go through what I'm going through. I'll know next week what this error is going to cost me. I have an extended warranty but this one was caused by me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread