Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

woodrow

Reaction score
Been running the Calibrated Power tunes on my truck for about 3k miles. The tunes are great and I highly recommend it. I keep mine in the sport tune with elevated shifts points. Makes the truck a joy to drive and it's always in the right gear. Will be pulling my 5th on the 1st of January and will post on how the heavy tow tune works. My truck is a 2020 tradesman 2500 Cummins.

Viper67

Reaction score
What’s your mpg in sport?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woodrow

Reaction score
On sport mode if you keep your foot out of it, I was averaging 19mpg. If I stayed at 70mph on the interstate I saw 21.5 to 22. That's on flat ground in south Louisiana. The tow tune actually had cooler egts pulling my 5th wheel than when stock by around 10 to 15 degrees. My 5th wheel is around 15k pounds loaded and is 13'6" tall. Just to give you an idea.

Viper67

Reaction score
What tuner, and are you deleted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodrow

Reaction score
The tuner is calibrated power. All emissions are intact and def usage is about the same as are regens. Check out Duramaxtuner.com or you can check out some of there videos on YouTube. Very efficient emission intact tunes. Customer service has been great also.

woodrow

Reaction score
That's correct the tuner is ez-lynk with calibrated tunes. How do you like the tunes John?

John Jensen

Reaction score
That's correct the tuner is ez-lynk with calibrated tunes. How do you like the tunes John?
Here's what I just posted on another forum when the same question was asked.

I like it -does everything it's advertised to do. Had it for approx 3000 miles. Truck is not broke in yet with only 4000 miles. Towed with it 3 times on 250 mile trips through mountains and desert and made 1800 mile hiway trip (not towing). Can say the ruck will defuel at 102mph.

Towing 9000 lb pull trailer up 6-8% 8 mile grade, using heavy tow tune, set speed control at 65 mph, it held the speed, in 5th & 6th gear, tranny was 163 degrees, topped the grade at 165 degrees, pulled like it was pulling nothing

John Jensen

Reaction score
Here are the tunes

Vehicle Year
& Transmission
Heavy
Tow
V3
Light
Tow
V3
Street
V3.1
Sport
Race
V3
2019 & 2020
Aisin
+40 hp +80 ft lbs+60 hp +120 ft lbs+110 hp +180 ft lbs+160 hp +300 ft lbs
Heavy Tow:
For towing over 8K lb. The goal is to give as much power and torque while keeping the powertrain safe. Calibrated around sustained EGT @ 1250 degrees and torque converter clutch capacity.
Light Tow:
For towing under 8K lb. The goal is to give as much power and torque while keeping the powertrain safe. Calibrated around sustained EGT @ 1250 degrees and torque converter clutch capacity.
Street:
For daily driving with great mileage. Improved throttle response and low-end. Power and mileage balanced for long term driveline and emissions system reliability.
Race:
Over 500 hp and 1100 ft lbs of torque. A totally different truck.

Edit:
Plus the stock tune and their optimized stock tune

Last edited:

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Cousin John I didn’t know you were such a speed demon :eek: ha ha. Good info! I didn’t know the top speed and thx for the breakdown on your tunes:).

John Jensen

Reaction score
Cousin John I didn’t know you were such a speed demon :eek: ha ha. Good info! I didn’t know the top speed and thx for the breakdown on your tunes:).
On those Oregon hiways, when you get to a passing lane it's fun to be able to pass all the slow boys. That's when I found it defuels at 102. You punch it and it goes!

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
Is this something you remove or revert back before dealer maintenance etc?

GBB

Reaction score
So do you get all four tunes or just get to pick one?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
John, what is the difference between stock and optimized stock? Is optimized just stock HP with better response?

woodrow

Reaction score
Details
The 2013 – 2020 Cummins, 6.7L diesel engine is one of the most powerful power plants available in a ¾ or 1-ton pickup truck today. Ram updated their interior, exterior, ride quality, and developed a more reliable emissions system for these trucks and it paid off!
As much as we love these trucks from the factory, we make them better! Our custom tuning gives you more power without sacrificing driveability or reliability. Our tunes are designed for the “Everyday Diesel Guy”! You need to depend on your truck when you're towing, commuting with the family or even that once and a while when you need to do a sick burnout.
There's no reason to pull your exhaust off of your truck to get the power, mileage, and torque benefits of tuning. Calibrated Power, home of DuramaxTuner.com specializes in engineering high power calibrations that work in harmony with the factory emissions control systems. Our calibrations process is time and labor-intensive, but the results are worth it if you're using your truck daily and appreciate clean quiet operation.

-Truck emits zero particulate (black smoke)
-Makes excellent power and torque throughout the rev range
-Shifts firm and locks the torque converter up to take advantage of the 6.7L's wide torque curve (*with optional TCM tuning)
-Does not smoke on cold start
-Does not drone in the cab at any RPM while towing
-Allows you to go back to stock with a simple re-flash

Our Cummins Tuning Support Pack includes:
  • All available tune files for your truck, transmission type, and requested power levels
  • Lifetime Support – unlimited updates
  • Industry Leading Custom Service
68RFE vs AISIN vs G56
Your 2013-2020 most likely came with a 68RFE or Aisin Automatic Transmission. A G56 manual transmission was offered up to 2018 but it is not nearly as common. Each transmission offers its own benefits and flaws. Our engine tuning will work with all 3 options.
68RFE
By far, this is the most common transmission found in these trucks. That is why there is a larger range of aftermarket products offered for them. Our EZ Lynk Support Pack includes Switch-on-the-fly engine tuning and custom transmission tuning for the 68RFE. We also can provide you with Upgraded valve bodies, torque converters, and even a full transmission build.
AISIN
The Aisin transmission is most often (but not always) found in the 2013-2020 HD Cummins Cab & Chassis pick-up truck models. It was an available option for standard pick-ups as well but, came with a price tag. Your Aisin equipped Cummins will run better than it ever has before with our EZ Lynk Support Pack. The 2013-2018 Aisin Equipped Switch-on-the-fly engine tuning for your truck is specifically designed to maximize the full potential, while maintaining the reliability, from your truck. The 2019-2020 Aisin equipped trucks will get those same custom-designed tunes in Single Tune Files.
G56
The G56 Manual transmission was offered through the 2018 model year. The factory clutch can handle a reasonable amount of added torque with an adult driver at the wheel. For these trucks, you get all 4 Custom Engine Tunes in individual files.
Heavy Tow: A tune designed for heavy towing use. Our goal with this tune is to give you as much extra power and torque as we can offer while keeping the powertrain safe for towing at max capacity. We calibrate around sustained EGT and torque converter clutch capacity.
  1. Heavy Tow: A tune designed for heavy towing use. Our goal with this tune is to give you as much extra power and torque as we can offer while keeping the powertrain safe for towing at max capacity. We calibrate around sustained EGT and torque converter clutch capacity.
  2. Light Tow: A tune designed for light towing use (8K lb trailer and lighter). Our goal with this tune is to give you as much extra power and torque as we can offer while keeping the powertrain safe for towing at a light and medium capacity. We calibrate around sustained EGT and torque converter clutch capacity at these load levels.
  3. Street: A tune designed for daily driving, and great mileage. Our goal with this tune is to give you a tune that's fun drive unloaded every day. Improved throttle response, good low-end feel, and crisp shifts. We balance fun and mileage with long term driveline and emissions system reliability.
  4. Race Tune: A significant bump in power and torque. It feels like a totally different truck at this time. We're talking about a truck that's a lot of fun to drive and a surprise for most anything you'll see at a stoplight. We recommend not exceeding this power level for long term health on an un-modified transmission or stock clutch (manual trans). See our King level tuning if you're prepared for 500+HP and a few transmission parts.
  5. Optimized Stock: This is the same HP/TQ your truck came with from the factory while still featuring our revised tuning strategies.
Power LevelHeavy TowLight TowStreetRace68RFEAisin
2013 - 2020
Stock Transmission
+20hp/40 ft. lbs.+40hp/80 ft. lbs.+80hp/150 ft. lbs+100/180 ft. lbs.**
2013 - 2020
Built Transmission
+40hp/80 ft. lbs.+60hp/120 ft. lbs.+110hp/180 ft. lbs+160/300 ft. lbs.**
* Supported Vehicle Configuration

[mod edit: Please don't do raw website dumps in your posts here. Copy/paste the relevant info and provide a link to the vendor sales/marketing junk]

Last edited by a moderator:

woodrow

Reaction score
You get all 4 tunes, when they update the tunes they'll send the updated tune to you also.

John Jensen

Reaction score
John, what is the difference between stock and optimized stock? Is optimized just stock HP with better response?
Yes, it Is optimized just stock HP.
I really don't know what the difference is. I really can't compare them as I only drove the stock tune while breaking in for 995 miles. And I've only used the optimized stock tune a few miles of local driving.

Users who are viewing this thread